Page 58 of 223 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Certainly, but they also allowed 19 on that day too.
    I won't quibble this too much. 19 doesn't tell the whole story. But yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I won't quibble this too much. 19 doesn't tell the whole story. But yeah.
    Neither does 90 percent. And neither number shows the situations the defense was put into through no fault of their own, especially in the first half. It was a mixed bag, for sure.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I used to HATE Manning, watching him beat the Broncos' brains in. Never in my wildest dreams did i ever imagine him being in Denver.
    Those games against him felt truly hopeless. There was just nothing we could do to stop him. Was definitely way more fun having him on our side.
    I was rejoicing when Pitt beat Indy in the 05 Playoffs to spare us another beatdown for third straight year. I did not think Pitt woulda beat Jake and Co. Had Denver somehow pulled that game out and they were Super, history would have been changed in Broncos country.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I was rejoicing when Pitt beat Indy in the 05 Playoffs to spare us another beatdown for third straight year. I did not think Pitt woulda beat Jake and Co. Had Denver somehow pulled that game out and they were Super, history would have been changed in Broncos country.
    I think that Pitt game haunts me even more than the Ravens 2OT game because we basically had the super bowl on a silver platter that year. Just had to beat Pitt at home then get a historically awful super bowl team in Seattle. That felt more like a super bowl we should have won than the 2012 year where we still would have had two more very tough games against the Pats and Niners.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I think that Pitt game haunts me even more than the Ravens 2OT game because we basically had the super bowl on a silver platter that year. Just had to beat Pitt at home then get a historically awful super bowl team in Seattle. That felt more like a super bowl we should have won than the 2012 year where we still would have had two more very tough games against the Pats and Niners.
    Lived and died by the blitz that year. Al wilson as so good he helped to cover numerous deficiencies on that squad

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, this whole giving them 2 miles of open space crap...Terrible play calling, even the announcers were like "Why are they lining up 20 yards off the receiver?

They were picking us apart with short dink and dunk passes to negate our pass rush. To stop that all we had to do was line up closer and start bumping at the line, instead we give them 10 yards to complete a very quick 5 yard pass with some YAC. It was stupid playcalling.
    Heeeey Woods is the next great coordinator in the league. I mean we let Wade go because we slready had this phenom

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Had they been Super that year, Shanahan woulda had another 5 years easy, no Cutler, no McD... who knows? It turned out fine with PFM im not complaining.

10. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    The raiders are better then most give them credit for.

Sadly playing 6-12 yards off is more than likely a sign of something worse. I havent put my finger on it yet.
    I think it had a lot to do with how tired they were. Our front 7 really struggled getting to the quarterback in the last 2.5 quarters because they were so tired. The off coverage in the second half made sense to me, especially when Miller and Chubb are sitting on the bench in the first series after the half.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think the only reason it doesn't haunt me as much is that we were never in that game... It was 24-3 at halftime - Ward & the Bus were dominating us and Plummer was shitting the bed. But you're right that it was arguably more egregious. Just didn't hurt as bad for some reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I think the only reason it doesn't haunt me as much is that we were never in that game... It was 24-3 at halftime - Ward & the Bus were dominating us and Plummer was shitting the bed. But you're right that it was arguably more egregious. Just didn't hurt as bad for some reason.
    probably because going into the playoffs with jake plummer is an entirely different animal than going into the playoffs with peyton F. manning. . . we've been on both sides of that, we should know. . . 2005 we were playing with house money the whole season, you had to suspect somebody would figure out how to beat that zero blitz at some point. . .

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was with a bunch of Chiefs fans for that Pittsburgh game, so that sucked.

Then again, they realize it’s better to be in the dance and lose then never be in the dance, so they were mostly quiet.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

as for joseph. . . he has undoubtedly looked better so far. . . i am encouraged, but far from convinced. . . too many shades of 2017 yesterday for my liking, but they did show some resiliency and manage to pull it out, which we wouldn't have done last year. . . still, i remember 3-1-- he has a ways to go to earn any real trust from me. . . they will need to get better play from keenum down the stretch if we're going to be in the playoff picture. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I agree that the loss itself didn't hurt as bad due to it being a blowout, it just hurts more in terms of what we left on the table. That 2005 super bowl feels like it should have been ours. 2012 even if we beat the Ravens I think our chances of winning it all from that point aren't much better than 1/4.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i want to see mike singletary in league again.

cant win with em!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Horrible challenge

Bad clock management and playcalls in the end zone deep in the 4th ruined any chance of a comeback

Defense allegedly his forte getting smoked way too lax

OLine getting obliterated as usual

Keenum indecisive largely because he was getting abused out there

Im sorry i hope it gets better but it doesnt appear to be.

Sad state of the Broncos under VJ

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information