Page 15 of 223 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I’m so intrigued how the rest of this season and offseason is going to go down. Does Vance last the season? Will Lynch play? Is this Talib’s last year? Stay tuned!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I’m so intrigued how the rest of this season and offseason is going to go down. Does Vance last the season? Will Lynch play? Is this Talib’s last year? Stay tuned!!!!
    I think what's missing is the coaching staff needs to give Experience Surveys to the players. After games and especially after practices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I think what's missing is the coaching staff needs to give Experience Surveys to the players. After games and especially after practices.
    Right now I wish I was the owner. I’d get a Mark Davis bowl cut and hire Mo as my GM and have hm climb a step stool to the podium for press conferences..

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

No doubt. I was thinking a lot along the same lines.

I think Vance makes it to the finish line unless we get more teams hanging 40 or 50 on Denver.

I hope Lynch plays. It's really the only reason to watch at this point. Like most here, I don't think he's going to make it but I am rooting for him. He's got a great arm and he's more mobile than a lot of QBs in this league. You never know, maybe he starts to get it after a few games. I think his main problem is being a dummy, but there have been dummies in this league who have succeeded.

I think Talib is done in Denver and I'm going to be crushed. He's still a great player and I love his attitude but the way this season has gone, I'm afraid he's going to show his ass really bad at some point.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Right now I wish I was the owner. I’d get a Mark Davis bowl cut and hire Mo as my GM and have hm climb a step stool to the podium for press conferences..
    "Although executive pay isn’t made public, Baltimore’s Ozzie Newsome was said to be the highest-paid GM, with an annual salary of $3.75 million per year. Seattle’s John Schneider reupped last year and was given a salary reported to “approach” top pay.

Terms of Elway’s contract were not immediately known, but he is fully expected to top all."
    They are paying Elway somewhere north of $4 million a year, 5 years. And, unlike all player contracts, the entire 5-year deal is fully guaranteed. $20 M. So, Elway is going nowhere.

Elway is going nowhere because there's not even an Owner who could fire him. Technically, Joe Ellis could fire him on behalf of the Bowlen family, but the Broncos ownership group has not officially designated anyone to take over for Pat Bowlen who has Alzheimers. That leaves Elway and Joe Ellis in practical control. Elway might resign at some point, but he's not getting fired 2 seasons after winning the SB and the season after signing a big new 5 year deal.

So, we can blame Elway for all the crappy personnel decisions he's made, but he is a fixture in Denver who will be here long after Vance Joseph has gone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They are paying Elway somewhere north of $4 million a year, 5 years. And, unlike all player contracts, the entire 5-year deal is fully guaranteed. $20 M. So, Elway is going nowhere.

Elway is going nowhere because there's not even an Owner who could fire him. Technically, Joe Ellis could fire him on behalf of the Bowlen family, but the Broncos ownership group has not officially designated anyone to take over for Pat Bowlen who has Alzheimers. That leaves Elway and Joe Ellis in practical control. Elway might resign at some point, but he's not getting fired 2 seasons after winning the SB and the season after signing a big new 5 year deal.

So, we can blame Elway for all the crappy personnel decisions he's made, but he is a fixture in Denver who will be here long after Vance Joseph has gone.

We're not seriously there yet are we? As you said, won the SB 2 years ago, and to be fair, he's given us great years as the VP. Like Derek Wolfe said, they're not used to losing.

He could be better at drafting, but that's not entirely on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    No doubt. I was thinking a lot along the same lines.

I think Vance makes it to the finish line unless we get more teams hanging 40 or 50 on Denver.

I hope Lynch plays. It's really the only reason to watch at this point. Like most here, I don't think he's going to make it but I am rooting for him. He's got a great arm and he's more mobile than a lot of QBs in this league. You never know, maybe he starts to get it after a few games. I think his main problem is being a dummy, but there have been dummies in this league who have succeeded.

I think Talib is done in Denver and I'm going to be crushed. He's still a great player and I love his attitude but the way this season has gone, I'm afraid he's going to show his ass really bad at some point.
    As for Talib, he's under contract through 2019 for $12M this year and next. That is what he's worth if you have a pass-rush. This year they don't so teams don't have to throw at Talib much. The only reason to release him next year is to dump $11m off the salary cap. But, Kayvon Webster was supposed to be the CB they drafted to replace their #3 CB when Roby moved up to #2. Only, he's now with the Rams.

There is no way VJ can just roll through the season with Osweiler while the team gets blown out every game by 25 points. After next game they will be eliminated from playoff contention because that will be their 7th loss, and 6th in a row.

That will be plenty of time to see how utterly worthless Paxton Lynch is. There's no point in putting him in with the hope he will be good. The only point in playing him will be to prove what every fan knows, that he's utter garbage and that Trevor Siemian, as horrible as he is, is the best QB on the roster.

"Trevor is far and away the best QB on the roster." -- Brandon Stokely.

That means that they are all worthless of course. But, we have to put Paxton in there and let him fail and prove it. But, 6 games will be plenty of time to see that. In fact, I'd say 1/2 is enough time. But, we'll have to get more than that.

When the team is 3-7 will be the right time to make a lot of changes.

I also don't think it's worth bothering to fire Brock Olivo. Yes, special teams were manned by "Special Olympics" athletes. But, this season was done after the KC loss. If Vance wants to stick by his coaches, fine. Wait until the season's end.

And use that decision as one more reason to fire VJ at the end of the season.

It's not as if anything they do to fire the Special Teams coach is going to win any games.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-13-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    We're not seriously there yet are we? As you said, won the SB 2 years ago, and to be fair, he's given us great years as the VP. Like Derek Wolfe said, they're not used to losing.

He could be better at drafting, but that's not entirely on him.
    Of course Tripp, nobody is firing Elway, especially not 2 seasons removed from winning the SB. I merely posted in response to the fans calling for Elway to be fired.

I think he has a lot to answer for in terms of garbage drafting: Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, Montee Ball, Sylvester Williams, Brock Osweiler, Cody Latimer, Ty Sambrailo. Those were all 1st or 2nd round picks under Elway and every one of them was a total bust. Most are not even on the team now, and Ball is out of football altogether after only 2 seasons in the NFL.

Elway hasn't drafted a pro-bowl player outside of Von Miller.

But, of course you have to start somewhere. There has to be some kind of fixture on this team. He might make some mistakes, but unless the team is equally bad in 2018 as they are now, and Elway still hasn't found a decent QB, then no, he should stay of course.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Biggest issue with this organization has been player development. Bolles and Miller are only 1around pucks to ever start. Roby ray and sly took 2 years to start and in robys case nickel corner.

Elway does a great job getting vets but not all are great and coaches always give vet the go ahead. Part of it is crappy picks as well or development picks when your coaches suck at developing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Biggest issue with this organization has been player development. Bolles and Miller are only 1around pucks to ever start. Roby ray and sly took 2 years to start and in robys case nickel corner.

Elway does a great job getting vets but not all are great and coaches always give vet the go ahead. Part of it is crappy picks as well or development picks when your coaches suck at developing.

Mitigating (or complicating?) factors:

1. When you have a great team, it's hard for rookies to start. .. .that's axiomatic. Great teams (like SuperBowl winning teams) already have great players in a lot of positions.

2. Switching coaching staffs every 2-4 seasons kills development. New coaches, new schemes, shifting player preferences.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Elway fired Fox for losing the SB.

VJ should have been fired for losing the Giants game.

15. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

No Elway fired Fox the year after the SB loss after they lost the playoff game to the Colts. The team didn't look ready to take on the Colts and looked uninspired.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

"He's our guy. He's our coach. He's not going anywhere. He is very intelligent"

Next question from media: "Why keep McKenzie in when it's obvious he is struggling with the PR game"

"He's our guy. He's our return guy. He's not going anywhere".

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

No Elway fired Fox the year after the SB loss after they lost the playoff game to the Colts. The team didn't look ready to take on the Colts and looked uninspired.
    I think the seeds were laid for that after the Super Bowl though to be honest. Their relationship was all roses up until then.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I hate to be a Debbie downer but I don’t think Joseph is going anywhere.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

20. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information