Page 71 of 223 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    This was VJ quoted earlier this year:

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/1...ph-kiszla/amp/
    ya, well, in the post-game presser he blamed the players for the loss in the same breath that he said they needed to coach better...The way he delivered it just made me want to punch the guy.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I have a hard time believing Wade Phillips is going to let this game be close (Joseph might as well have to face the rams)

4. The Following User High Fived Bronco Bible For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Any Bronco win, from here on out, is you guys worst scenerio. #losetogetridofVJ. LoL.

Go Broncos beat the Rams.
    We just got obliterated by the Jets...Let that sink in, the JETS. Do you really think there is a single game on our remaining schedule we can or should win? This season is a lost cause so yes, lose. Lose to get rid of VJ, lose to get a high draft pick and draft a QB...It's time for us to blow this roster and coaching staff up and start fresh. We're in full on rebuild mode at this point. Winning games does nothing for our long term success. You win one meaningless game now, it's not going to change anything.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just win the game, Broncos!

8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oh boy.....

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh boy.....

Gonna be a great week of practice folks, results will be puzzling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The heart wants what the heart wants
    yea, i know. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just win the game, Broncos!
    embrace the tank, brother nomad. . . you know you want to!

This guy is the master of the platitude.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

This organization needs a change at the very top.

We need an owner who can hold the GM accountable.

We need a GM who is accountable and has the right amount of power.

We need a good HC and assistants, which is easier if you have stable ownership and GM's.

We need a franchise QB, which again needs to come from a good GM.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    This organization needs a change at the very top.

We need an owner who can hold the GM accountable.

We need a GM who is accountable and has the right amount of power.

We need a good HC and assistants, which is easier if you have stable ownership and GM's.

We need a franchise QB, which again needs to come from a good GM.

Well, unfortunately ownership is in disarray.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Man, like someone said earlier, it wouldn't be fair to an interim HC to be thrown into the Rams game. We'll get blown out, and then VJ will/should be gone. I think we could see a dual-HC scenario w/Kubiac and Musgrave.
    My only thought is that the blow out is fairly inevitable with or without Joseph, and there’s a chance, albeit small, that a firing might galvanize the team to play better or give a better effort even with a vanilla scheme and give the interim a few weeks to get adjusted. The other logical points in the season are either after a Thursday game or in the bye week.

I just feel like the team has quit, and the firing is inevitable so get it over with.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    My only thought is that the blow out is fairly inevitable with or without Joseph, and there’s a chance, albeit small, that a firing might galvanize the team to play better or give a better effort even with a vanilla scheme and give the interim a few weeks to get adjusted. The other logical points in the season are either after a Thursday game or in the bye week.

I just feel like the team has quit, and the firing is inevitable so get it over with.
    Depending on Elway's mindset I see this going one of two ways. If he still thinks we're just a piece or two away and insists on trying to continue to rebuild on the fly, I could see him firing VJ soon to light a fire under the team and squeeze as many wins out of this team as possible. If he's fully embraced the tank (which I think is the route we need to go now), I could see him let VJ ride out the string and just let the team lose as much as possible before nuking everything this off-season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Depending on Elway's mindset I see this going one of two ways. If he still thinks we're just a piece or two away and insists on trying to continue to rebuild on the fly, I could see him firing VJ soon to light a fire under the team and squeeze as many wins out of this team as possible. If he's fully embraced the tank (which I think is the route we need to go now), I could see him let VJ ride out the string and just let the team lose as much as possible before nuking everything this off-season.
    It’s clearly not going to happen this week, at this point. The window to do it was over at about 10 a.m., so me arguing for it now is probably superfluous, but that was my thought last night.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It’s clearly not going to happen this week, at this point. The window to do it was over at about 10 a.m., so me arguing for it now is probably superfluous, but that was my thought last night.
    I think if it happens, the bye week is the most likely time. Maybe sooner if we get blown out by the Rams then lose to the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If we can get a spark from firing VJ, this team has the talent to win their way into the playoffs, if that happens I'm fine with that (though it still doesn't solve our ever growing QB problem) But riding out VJ does make some sense from a draft standpoint because you can pretty much eliminate any chance of us winning on the road and we've played a good portion of our home games already.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information