Page 175 of 223 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I won't let you ruin my Christmas!

Okay, that's unfair. The back and forth banter isn't designed for that.

Yes, Frey, I'm testy. I'm a stressed out man...but I have a nose hair trimmer.
    Did you get extra batteries? Just to be sure?

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by davii View Post
    did you get extra batteries? Just to be sure?
    dude you know i did!

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I won't let you ruin my Christmas!

Okay, that's unfair. The back and forth banter isn't designed for that.

Yes, Frey, I'm testy. I'm a stressed out man...but I have a nose hair trimmer.
    It's just sports ball man...sports ball giveth and sports ball taketh away, this year sports ball taketh. better luck next year. I can't get too wound up on this, last season sucked the zeal out of me and this year I'm apathetic to our current plight. We'll be back, hopefully soon, but we'll be back.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I guess I just do not understand the thinking but J. fox was let go 1year after being the head coach of a superbowl team ,but Joseph was not let go at halftime of the raider game

8. The Following User High Fived Bronco Bible For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bible View Post
    I guess I just do not understand the thinking but J. fox was let go 1year after being the head coach of a superbowl team ,but Joseph was not let go at halftime of the raider game
    Fox was let go for a very specific reason. His mindset. If I remember right he said something along the lines of "I can't believe fans aren't just happy that we made the playoffs" As if making the playoffs was all that mattered. That didn't mesh well with Elway's "win now, win later" mindset. Worse yet, the players at the time seemed to share that lackluster ho hum and didn't bother showing up against the Colts for fear of playing New England in New England. They basically rolled over and died and everyone knew it, just gave up without trying because they knew they'd get clobbered in New England. Fox already had the Bears job lined up knowing that he was on his way out and the team wasn't going anywhere after getting to the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bible View Post
    Fox was fired at the end of a season, not at halftime of a game.

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    And technically he wasn't ever fired. He basically found another job and we didn't bother to stop him from taking it. It was deemed a "mutual parting of ways"

Make no mistake about it, Joseph won't be here in two weeks. He'll finish his time in Denver vs the Chuggers next week. A game we will very likely lose as well.

I will be pissed if they don't fire VJ but I am sure they will be right after the end of Chargers game.

I am now glad though they are letting him finish it out.

Shows professionalism. There would be no benefit at this point to canning him early.

Joseph is a good guy, I like him as a person, he is just a shitty head coach.

It's not Joseph's fault that he was under qualified for the position but offered the job anyway. Any of us would have accepted if offered. I wish him the best in his future endeavors...outside of the Broncos.

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's not Joseph's fault that he was under qualified for the position but offered the job anyway. Any of us would have accepted if offered. I wish him the best in his future endeavors...outside of the Broncos.
    I think this is a really good way to look at him

16. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I will be pissed if they don't fire VJ but I am sure they will be right after the end of Chargers game.

Shows professionalism. There would be no benefit at this point to canning him early.

Sounds like he won't be long unemployed. He's likely to end up the Bengals DC. There is even talk that if Marvin Lewis gets fired, he's a top candidate to replace Lewis as the head coach.

Apparently the Bengals are easily impressed.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The point I was trying to make is that vj ............ SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED AT HALFTIME .......... the lack of preparation was something..

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

My Christmas present for myself will be a return to relevance and that will begin with the firing of Vance Joseph. We endured not one, not two, not three, but four epic humiliations to the Jets, 49ers, Brownies, and Faiders. I would be hesitant to pull the plug on life support but not convinced this franchise has any life left. The talent is still there and there are still holes but the leadership at all levels leaves a lot to be desired.
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

21. The Following User High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Imagine if we don’t fire Vance Joseph what is the over under we will have over 350 pages in this thread by the end of next season. On second thought let’s not imagine that nightmare scenario. He’s less pompous then McDaniels but every bit like a fish out of water. I am sure that no matter what happens this next week against the Bolts, the Broncos will as VJ so often and so eloquently states, “have a good week of practice” if only that was all that counted we would be back to back super bowl champs.
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

23. The Following User High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Not sure he qualified for being a "good guy" after his sexual assault allegations either, but we can agree about the shitty head coach part. Just waiting for the last game for him to be let go and us to put this chapter of Broncos football behind us.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

who you want, G?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information