Page 159 of 223 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Your points are valid but with the argument you guys are making you’ll never draft a QB, if you’re too high then it’s too soon, if you’re too low then you can’t trade up.

The worst thing you can do is build a stacked team and THEN try to find a QB.

Last draft was the ideal time to take a QB, especially if you were going to cut ties with PL. Chubb falling only saved Elway from making a huge mistake by not taking a QB, at least from the sounds of it. Whether you’re black or white, blue or red, there was 2 legitimate prospects available whether YOU liked them or not.

Again, Chubb actually saved them from themselves, nobody is saying it was a bad choice.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Your points are valid but with the argument you guys are making you’ll never draft a QB, if you’re too high then it’s too soon, if you’re too low then you can’t trade up.

The worst thing you can do is build a stacked team and THEN try to find a QB.

Last draft was the ideal time to take a QB, especially if you were going to cut ties with PL. Chubb falling only saved Elway from making a huge mistake by not taking a QB, at least from the sounds of it. Whether you’re black or white, blue or red, there was 2 legitimate prospects available whether YOU liked them or not.

Again, Chubb actually saved them from themselves, nobody is saying it was a bad choice.
    If you're building a team that way you better have a strong team and a QB you can bench as a rookie for a bit. Smith and Mahomes is instructive there.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If Chubb wasn't there, I think the Broncos take a QB. He was simply too good to pass on.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If Chubb wasn't there, I think the Broncos take a QB. He was simply too good to pass on.
    There were reports, take that for what it is worth, that we were trading back with Buffalo had Chubb not been present.

I was of the opinion that we had to take Chubb. Then I watched how this season in the NFL played out, and how pathetic CK is, and how some of the young QBs have injected energy into their franchises.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There were reports, take that for what it is worth, that we were trading back with Buffalo had Chubb not been present.

I was of the opinion that we had to take Chubb. Then I watched how this season in the NFL played out, and how pathetic CK is, and how some of the young QBs have injected energy into their franchises.
    You get the advantage of hindsight. Doesn't work that way in reality and the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You get the advantage of hindsight. Doesn't work that way in reality and the moment.
    I think this was worked out before hand. Chubb goes to Cleveland at four and then presto, trade goes off. It's crazy how fast draft day goes.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I didn't miss his point at all. But if you have a QB void you have to take meaningful steps until you get one. That's sort of my point - we've tried everything but going for what is viewed as a top notch prospect.

Lynch wasn't one. TS, Kelly, PL, CK, Brock, they weren't one.
    I agree with all statements here. JE clearly didn't feel Darnold, Rosen, or Allen were one either. He clearly felt Chubb was more important to the franchise's long term success.

At this point in time I agree with him. He has shown to be wrong with every QB choice (outside of the blatant obvious Manning "choice") so far so we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I agree with all statements here. JE clearly didn't feel Darnold, Rosen, or Allen were one either. He clearly felt Chubb was more important to the franchise's long term success.

At this point in time I agree with him. He has shown to be wrong with every QB choice (outside of the blatant obvious Manning "choice") so far so we shall see.
    He wasn't wrong to take Kelly. That was just a flier. He wasn't wrong to take TS as a developmental backup guy. Just wrong to rely so much on him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Drafting PL wasn’t the wrong move, they should have bit the bullet and started him this season. I refuse to believe he couldn’t replicate this level of success.

Sign Keenum as the veteran presence/backup and bite the bullet.

The biggest difference is, PL would’ve been benched a long time ago .
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Joseph is still the HC this morning. Losing didn't do anything to change that.

So 4th and one... We take the delay of game penalty before kicking the field goal.

Why in the hell did we not line up to go for it and try and catch them on the hard count if we were going to take the delay anyway.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So 4th and one... We take the delay of game penalty before kicking the field goal.

Why in the hell did we not line up to go for it and try and catch them on the hard count if we were going to take the delay anyway.
    Because he's just not a very good HC.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Joseph is still the HC this morning. Losing didn't do anything to change that.
    There is only two games left so he probably finishes out the season. Had we lost against the Chargers, Steelers, and Bengals along with the last two weeks he may have been cut loose sooner. But the team winning a handful of games prolonged his departure for the time being.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

This team gets a WC or better with Kubiak as HC. Not sorry. That doesn't mean Kubes is a great coach or the coach we need, just that better coaching and this team is in the playoffs regardless of which of the three guys we had in training camp wound up under center.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    This team gets a WC or better with Kubiak as HC. Not sorry. That doesn't mean Kubes is a great coach or the coach we need, just that better coaching and this team is in the playoffs regardless of which of the three guys we had in training camp wound up under center.
    He had a better roster and missed the playoffs his last season here.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information