Page 57 of 223 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

3. The Broncos’ depth at corner is a significant problem and so are the coverage’s Joe Woods was calling

This was my biggest concern on the defensive side of the ball to begin the season, and that worry came to fruition today in the win against the Raiders. Traimane Brock and Adam Jones struggled in coverage, both giving up big plays through the air on drives that resulted in points for Oakland. Even Bradley Roby and Chris Harris Jr. had their own issues, and the latter reportedly voiced his frustration with the play calls at the start of the fourth quarter.

The most frustrating thing to witness all game long was Joe Woods’ continuously having his corners in off-man coverage. There was a reason why Derek Carr was able to carve up Denver’s secondary with the short passing game. When you have all that room to work with, hitting receivers on three-step drops is just too easy — just like stealing candy from a baby. Hopefully Woods can take a good hard look at the tape and realize his mistakes and correct them for future games down the road.
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...things-learned

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Even the announcers mentioned it at one point, the Broncos CBs wre just too far off the ball. Made no sense.

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Even the announcers mentioned it at one point, the Broncos CBs wre just too far off the ball. Made no sense.
    Tell you what fellas. It would be great to get to the bottom of this. VJ is supposed to be less tolerant this year when it comes to permitting stupid shit from his coordinators. Like letting McCoy try to deploy Siemian like he's Peyton. And VJ is a longtime DB coach and D-Coord, he can assess Woods as an expert.

So unless this is a case of Woods exercising subtle genius or seeing several moves ahead, something really smart and nifty we just don't comprehend, I'm totally fine with mass panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Reminds me of all those games against the colts in the mid 2000s where we would just play 10 yards of their receivers all day with guys like Lenny Walls and Deltha O'Neal and Peyton would just pick us apart all day. Such a frustrating defense to watch. I'd rather play press and give up the occasional big play than just get dink and dunked 7 yards at a time the whole game.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

we were afraid of getting burned deep by 37 year old jordy nelson

8. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Yea, this whole giving them 2 miles of open space crap...Terrible play calling, even the announcers were like "Why are they lining up 20 yards off the receiver?

They were picking us apart with short dink and dunk passes to negate our pass rush. To stop that all we had to do was line up closer and start bumping at the line, instead we give them 10 yards to complete a very quick 5 yard pass with some YAC. It was stupid playcalling.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Reminds me of all those games against the colts in the mid 2000s where we would just play 10 yards of their receivers all day with guys like Lenny Walls and Deltha O'Neal and Peyton would just pick us apart all day. Such a frustrating defense to watch. I'd rather play press and give up the occasional big play than just get dink and dunked 7 yards at a time the whole game.
    Especially when we SHOULD be able to generate the pressure required to make Carr throw it quickly. Most of his passes were quick to guys who were underneath the coverage.

The raiders are better then most give them credit for.

Sadly playing 6-12 yards off is more than likely a sign of something worse. I havent put my finger on it yet.

12. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    The raiders are better then most give them credit for.

Sadly playing 6-12 yards off is more than likely a sign of something worse. I havent put my finger on it yet.
    I'll take inept coaching for $500 Alex.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I used to HATE Manning, watching him beat the Broncos' brains in. Never in my wildest dreams did i ever imagine him being in Denver.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I used to HATE Manning, watching him beat the Broncos' brains in. Never in my wildest dreams did i ever imagine him being in Denver.
    Those games against him felt truly hopeless. There was just nothing we could do to stop him. Was definitely way more fun having him on our side.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yep. Run Defense wasn't a big problem.

Passing defense though... makes you wonder why they even attempted to run the ball.
    I think the first half took a toll on the defense. There were a number of drivers where Carr was getting pressured in the first quarter and was completing passes short of the sticks. It looked to me like our pass rush ran out of gas towards the halfway point in the second quarter due to the ineptitude of our offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And sometimes, the quarterback for the other team just has a good day. Carr was spectacular yesterday and Denver kept Oakland to 19.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    And sometimes, the quarterback for the other team just has a good day. Carr was spectacular yesterday and Denver kept Oakland to 19.
    There is having a good day, and there is being the first QB in NFL history to complete 90% of his passes with over 30 attempts. At least some of that is on the defense.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There is having a good day, and there is being the first QB in NFL history to complete 90% of his passes with over 30 attempts. At least some of that is on the defense.
    Certainly, but they also allowed 19 on that day too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information