Page 12 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I have done no research on this.... What was hoodie first season in NE like? And had he just been fired from the Browns in his first head coaching gig?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I have done no research on this.... What was hoodie first season in NE like? And had he just been fired from the Browns in his first head coaching gig?
    I think he went back to NY as DC after the Browns fired him. Not sure for how long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

NFL head coaches with most wins, modern

First year HC, age, record

Belichek, 39, 6-10
    Shula, 33, 8-6
    Landry, 36, 0-11-1
    Schottenheimer, 41, 4-4 then 8-8
    Chuck Noll, 39, 1-13
    Reeves, 37, 10-6
    Chuck Knox, 41, 12-2
    Andy Reid, 41, 5-11
    Jeff Fisher, 36, 1-5 then 7-9
    Parcells, 42, 3-12-1
    Coughlin, 49, 4-12
    Shanahan, 36, 7-9
    Holmgren, 44, 9-7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Hoodie was the Giants DC for like 5 years before he went to the Browns as HC and won 2 SB with the Giants. Coached for 4 years as the Browns HC and was 36-44 with one playoff trip. His last year he was fired after going 5-11. Went 5-11 his first year with the Patriots.

He had an established run as a good assistant under Parcells and had been a head coach so I can see why the Patriots gave him some time.

If we had hired McCoy then it would make sense to give him a couple of years do to his history, but I just can't see it with VJ.

7. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I thought Shanny went 8-8 his first year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Something else to think about. How many of those coaches took over a losing team? VJ took over a 9-7 team.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Went back to Parcells, first at NE and then with the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    If he doesn't win 6 games I would fire him.

2 reasons. One he had a game where we scored 0 points (hasn't happened to us since 1992 when we lost to the Eagles 30-0). Two he gave up 51 against Philly (we haven't given up 50 points since we McDaniels lost 59-14 to the Raiders in 2010).

That puts him in terrible company. He has possibly had the team quit on him or he just hasn't made the adjustments in the coaching staff to be competitive. Sometimes it just makes sense to cut your loses early.
    At least you are talking about firing Joseph after the season rather than during it. I can see that happening if the team totally quit on VJ and they don't win another game or perhaps 1 game the last 8.

But, realistically, tanking this season is the only way forward for the future. They need a franchise QB desperately, and not some guy who projects as a late 1st or high 2nd round pick. No projects. They need a bona-fide blue chip top flight prospect who can step in first season and not totally suck.

Kind of the anti-Paxton if you will.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    At least you are talking about firing Joseph after the season rather than during it. I can see that happening if the team totally quit on VJ and they don't win another game or perhaps 1 game the last 8.

But, realistically, tanking this season is the only way forward for the future. They need a franchise QB desperately, and not some guy who projects as a late 1st or high 2nd round pick. No projects. They need a bona-fide blue chip top flight prospect who can step in first season and not totally suck.

Kind of the anti-Paxton if you will.
    Yea, after the season. If he and Elway made a deal to tank, like start playing Lynch the last 6 games, then maybe bring him back. If they are trying and they go 2-6 the last 8 games or 0-8, he isn't going to help with the rebuild.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

So what if we are a top 10 draft pick, but like 8 or 9 and don't get a chance at the top 3 or 4 QB's. Then what? Best LT and move Bowles to RT?

So what if we are a top 10 draft pick, but like 8 or 9 and don't get a chance at the top 3 or 4 QB's. Then what? Best LT and move Bowles to RT?
    Depends on if they have one guy they love at QB and if he'll be there. If we have a top ten pick, we can pay huge to move up (like the Eagles did for Wentz, for example). If we like the 3rd QB, whoever that is, he's probably going to be there at 10. The third QB didn't come off the board until pick 12 last year. It was pick 26 the year before (Lynch!) and pick 75 the year before that. I still think that should be our primary focus, but like I said, I don't know who they would be interested in by that point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

If you are that close, move up to get your guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    If you are that close, move up to get your guy.
    I don't know if any of these guys are our guy. Hopefully we can get a decent starter out of the draft, I have a feeling we'll **** it up.

18. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I'm fine giving VaJ the remainder of the season, but I don't expect much will come of it. He can't coach. As the DC of the 29th ranked Defense, I thought that would have been obvious. This is a mistake that should not be repeated.

I have no ill will towards VaJ, he's a CU guy, but he never should have gotten the job, and Elway continues to get infatuations with people that suck at what they do.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Hire Vance Johnson
    Hire Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information