Page 112 of 223 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3333

Thread: Fire Vance Joseph

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    He is ok with his own coaching, what right do we have to criticize? Maybe it's my time of the month.
    Exactly! He's an NFL head coach. Surely he knows better than us how he's doing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i've been telling them this all year. . . he'll be fired at the end of the season-- it's just the best way to handle it. . . name me one GOOD organization that fires its coaches every season or two. . . that's what actually ruins your culture. . . deep breaths, people-- it's coming soon enough. . .
    It really can't come soon enough. It's already at least 6 months late.

I get that it doesn't gain you anything, specifically, but you can make the argument that the guy is a loser and is getting his loser coodies all over the facilities.

And bringing in an interim shows the other guys left that performance matters. You aren't going to skate by half-assing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Have you seen him on the mats, grinding and getting the best from those roaches?
    He ain't down with no exoskeleton. Guy can't even find the thorax!
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

5. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

He ain't down with no exoskeleton. Guy can't even find the thorax!
    I have it on good authority (Dennison told me) that the thorax doesn't exist

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I have it on good authority (Dennison told me) that the thorax doesn't exist
    Good grief. Let's just move on to mollusks if we are going to go down that road!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Good grief. Let's just move on to mollusks if we are going to go down that road!
    Don't be so silly, you can not coach a mollusk

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

It really can't come soon enough. It's already at least 6 months late.

I get that it doesn't gain you anything, specifically, but you can make the argument that the guy is a loser and is getting his loser coodies all over the facilities.

And bringing in an interim shows the other guys left that performance matters. You aren't going to skate by half-assing it.
    musgrave's no better than vance. . . what message does it convey if you promote that guy after the shit job he's done?

this team doesn't have a losing culture-- what it has is a bad quarterback, and a hurt O-line. . . the effort level has been fine every week except for the jets game. . . we aren't losing in 20+ point blowouts, and we aren't out of games by halftime the way we were last year. . . this team hasn't quit-- despite being outclassed most weeks, they have kept punching 'til the end. . . culture isn't the problem-- the quarterback and the coaching staff are, are we don't have the horses in the stable to improve any of those situations right now. . . which is why john is going to do the sensible thing, and wait until the off-season to address those issues. . . firing VJ is nothing more than window dressing when his assistants are just as incompetent as he is. . . that mouthbreathing assclown joe woods is going to improve the culture? that's a laugh. . . we need a better quarterback, not a scapegoat. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

musgrave's no better than vance. . . what message does it convey if you promote that guy after the shit job he's done?

this team doesn't have a losing culture-- what it has is a bad quarterback, and a hurt O-line. . . the effort level has been fine every week except for the jets game. . . we aren't losing in 20+ point blowouts, and we aren't out of games by halftime the way we were last year. . . this team hasn't quit-- despite being outclassed most weeks, they have kept punching 'til the end. . . culture isn't the problem-- the quarterback and the coaching staff are, are we don't have the horses in the stable to improve any of those situations right now. . . which is why john is going to do the sensible thing, and wait until the off-season to address those issues. . . firing VJ is nothing more than window dressing when his assistants are just as incompetent as he is. . . that mouthbreathing assclown joe woods is going to improve the culture? that's a laugh. . . we need a better quarterback, not a scapegoat. . .
    I don't buy any of this - he deserves to be fired for performance, period. Everyone in the world knows he's not going to be the coach to start the 2019-2020 season, so delaying the inevitable does nothing except prolong the misery.

Also, let Musgrave run the show to see if he's someone who deserves any consideration as a holdover offensive coordinator (I think that's highly unlikely, but at least give him a tryout where he's calling the shots).

There is little upside in firing him - but there is zero upside in retaining him.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Don't be so silly, you can not coach a mollusk
    This is just crazy talk. I point you to Moxie the Mollusk who went 12-0 back in '07. That doesn't happen without coaching.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    This is just crazy talk. I point you to Moxie the Mollusk who went 12-0 back in '07. That doesn't happen without coaching.
    What language do they coach in?

What language do they coach in?
    Not really a language, just the electrical impulses from touch. It’s keyed to placement and duration.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't buy any of this - he deserves to be fired for performance, period. Everyone in the world knows he's not going to be the coach to start the 2019-2020 season, so delaying the inevitable does nothing except prolong the misery.

Also, let Musgrave run the show to see if he's someone who deserves any consideration as a holdover offensive coordinator (I think that's highly unlikely, but at least give him a tryout where he's calling the shots).

There is little upside in firing him - but there is zero upside in retaining him.
    he will be fired for performance-- at the proper moment, at the end of the season. . . musgrave deserves zero consideration for further employment. . . john is handling this correctly. . . at this point, i'm vastly more concerned with who's going to be the coach next year than i am concerned with who's going to coach out the string this season. . .

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Not really a language, just the electrical impulses from touch. It’s keyed to placement and duration.
    And this form of behaviorism no doubt compensates for the complete lack of cognitive capacity in the mollusks. If I only thought about that before time traveling to the 24 century to get as telepathy helmet to aid with training cockroaches

20. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

can these magic roaches pass protect, or not? if they can't block a 300-pound DL, you're wasting your time. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

he will be fired for performance-- at the proper moment, at the end of the season. . . musgrave deserves zero consideration for further employment. . . john is handling this correctly. . . at this point, i'm vastly more concerned with who's going to be the coach next year than i am concerned with who's going to coach out the string this season. . .
    Right - but we already know that Vance isn't up to the job. Let's see how some other people perform when they're not being stifled by poor management and poor decision making. We can better evaluate the entire team and coaching staff when they're not being affected by VJ. Of course the only thing that matters is next year's coach, but I just don't see how keeping clown shoes around is anything but detrimental.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information