Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Mike Shanahan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love when people say they wasted this defense, 2015 may not have been the Tebow-Fun-Ride but it still counts.
    I said waste this defense. It’s 2017 not 2015. Wolfe is the only lineman left from that team, Marshall and von only starters left st LB and the no fly zone has a couple of new parts. This defense in several ways is better than 2015 and this team would be a serious playoff contender with a very average offense.
    Last edited by nevcraw; 11-01-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I said waste this defense. It’s 2017 not 2015. Wolfe is the only lineman left from that team, Marshall and von only starters left st LB and the no fly zone has a couple of new parts. This defense in several ways is better than 2015 and this team would be a serious playoff contender with a very average offense.
    Oh that makes it better, I guess.

Btw, This defense can’t carry 2015’s sweaty jockstraps.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

You mean Malik is better than Gotsis? Todd Davis vs Danny T?

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

By the way, I don't actually think our line is that bad. I mean our right tackle sucks. But the rest is pretty solid IMO.

Next year, I see us having one of the best starting lines in football

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    By the way, I don't actually think our line is that bad. I mean our right tackle sucks. But the rest is pretty solid IMO.

i wouldn't say it's out of reach, if all our guys stay healthy and continue to progress. . . i would say it'll take another successful foray into the draft, though-- specifically, another high pick on tackle. . . i can't see it happening with watson there, and we know what's typically available in free agency. . . also, i'm not ready to get too stoked just because they run blocked better for one game. . . don't get me wrong, it's a nice sign, for sure. . . there's still a long ways to go. . . we at least picked up a few solid pieces to build around, so yea, we could be in good shape next year IF we get right tackle solved. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i wouldn't say it's out of reach, if all our guys stay healthy and continue to progress. . . i would say it'll take another successful foray into the draft, though-- specifically, another high pick on tackle. . . i can't see it happening with watson there, and we know what's typically available in free agency. . . also, i'm not ready to get too stoked just because they run blocked better for one game. . . don't get me wrong, it's a nice sign, for sure. . . there's still a long ways to go. . . we at least picked up a few solid pieces to build around, so yea, we could be in good shape next year IF we get right tackle solved. . .

Yeah, lotta ifs, health and RT dependant. I don't see us not addressing the right tackle though. LT through C are all really promising.

I even think we have pass blocked better this year and a lot of the sacks and hits on Siemian (that didn't come from the RT turnstile) were on him

I am not saying we are awesome, I am just saying we are not in as bad shape as I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

I think LG, or whichever position Leary isn’t playing, has to be addressed as well.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Y'all are throwing in the towel too soon.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice and rung out, I've taken a couple practice shots, I'm just saying, wait till we are 3-6 already
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Waste the Defense? Really. That sounds insane.

Unless we can pull off a Hershel Walker trade fleecing for Von. That may be the only way i could see being for that?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Y'all are throwing in the towel too soon.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice and rung out, I've taken a couple practice shots, I'm just saying, wait till we are 3-6 already
    I suppose we can wait a few days.

And in some important ways it is much worse. No Demarcus Ware, and no Malik Jackson. DeMarcus is a Hall of Fame DE, and teams couldn't simply concentrate on Von and ignore him. Malik is an terror in the middle, getting pressure right in the QBs face preventing him from stepping up to avoid Von & DeMarcus.

And none of the Broncos ILBs can cover TEs like Trevathan. Now TEs just rip up this defense, and RBs who can catch passes.

This team has ONE serious pass-rusher in Von. IF Shane regains form he can provide an additional rusher. But, Shaqil Barrett is no DeMarcus Ware, and Gotsis is nothing compared with Malik. Gotsis is not an elite penetrating Tackle, which is what they paid Jackson $15m a year in Jacksonville to be.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I suppose we can wait a few days.
    10 days to be exact before the Broncos lose to the Patriots and go 3-6 and the season is officially done. From that point they would have to win 7 straight after having just lost 5 in a row, just to get to 10-6 and have a chance at a wild-card. That ain't happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Verbal diarrhea.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

In today's presser with Joseph, he was asked in regards to Philly Coach Pederson, he said new Coaches want to establish a culture of winning... I thought we HAD that already?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    D.J. Williams was the least of that defense's problems.
    DJ williams went from an elite weakside backer too pretty much a bag and it hurt our defense for sure, defense wasn't good at all to begin with and he had to go and ruin a playmaker at linebacker.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information