Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 8 (Chiefs week)

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He can take a hit. That's one thing you can't criticize about him. I'm also glad to see he's taking so much blame because he's right, it starts with him. It certainly doesn't end there, but it starts there.
    He's always injured but he can take a hit?

It starts and ends with Trevor or any quarterback whose sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Can’t spare a 6th round pick for Marcell Dareus but somehow they always have room for Kyle ******* Peko.
    I think it was more mental issues and off-field issues with Dareus rather than physical ability. If you get him, it's questionable whether he is really 100% motivated and committed to football - or is he potentially another Daryl "Pancake House" Gardner?

Remember that dude, who got the big contract and then was useless because of character issues (got in a fight outside the Aurora International House of Pancakes at 1:30 AM one night and broke his hand and couldn't play for the Broncos)?

I don't think they want Darius because they have a locker room full of warriors who are 100% every game (so far, that could change if they sense that all their efforts are doomed because their offense is can't score).

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I think it was more mental issues and off-field issues with Dareus rather than physical ability. If you get him, it's questionable whether he is really 100% motivated and committed to football - or is he potentially another Daryl "Pancake House" Gardner?

Remember that dude, who got the big contract and then was useless because of character issues (got in a fight outside the Aurora International House of Pancakes at 1:30 AM one night and broke his hand and couldn't play for the Broncos)?

I don't think they want Darius because they have a locker room full of warriors who are 100% every game (so far, that could change if they sense that all their efforts are doomed because their offense is can't score).
    6th round pick for an All-Pro DL is worth the risk, especially with Wolfe’s constant injury situation. I feel like I have a good idea why they’re not interested in Dareus, and I think it’s stupid.

The season is slipping away, doing nothing makes zero sense. Duane Brown is seemingly available too, $10 says they have no interest there either. Because what would happen to Garcia if Watson becomes too expensive to be a backup?

Edit, Hell, I’d sweeten the pot and give Bills a 6th and Trevor Siemian. I know that makes no sense around Broncos fans where Ty Taylor enjoys a large fan base.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-28-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I suppose one reason they may not want him is because of the salary cap implications. Pass.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I suppose one reason they may not want him is because of the salary cap implications. Pass.
    If so it’s based on yearly salary alone, his signing/roster bonuses were already paid and if he is what Cugel says he is then cutting him at any time would result in zero dead money.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

If so it’s based on yearly salary alone, his signing/roster bonuses were already paid and if he is what Cugel says he is then cutting him at any time would result in zero dead money.
    But if they don’t cut him his salary counts against the cap. I think he’s somewhere in the 15 million plus range. Denver can’t afford that.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

But if they don’t cut him his salary counts against the cap. I think he’s somewhere in the 15 million plus range. Denver can’t afford that.
    He’s currently 12th on Jags salary cap at $9.7 M, $7 M in guaranteed ‘18 salary and zero guaranteed money after that.

Denver currently has $11.5 M in cap space ... and about another $6 M in Davis/Green dead weight.

Cut Todd Davis, Virgil Green and Alan Barbre gives Denver $8 M in cap space with zero dead money.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

He’s currently 12th on Jags salary cap at $9.7 M, $7 M in guaranteed ‘18 salary and zero guaranteed money after that.

Denver currently has $11.5 M in cap space ... and about another $6 M in Davis/Green dead weight.

Cut Todd Davis, Virgil Green and Alan Barbre gives Denver $8 M in cap space with zero dead money.
    Yeah, that sounds do-able, but their problems are on the other side of the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah, that sounds do-able, but their problems are on the other side of the ball.
    The moral/story, Spiker, is that Kyle Peko sucks.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

The moral/story, Spiker, is that Kyle Peko sucks.
    roger that. I haven’t seen him play enough to have an opinion.

11. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information