Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: At What Point Do We Blame Elway and Vance Joseph For the OL?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...ffense-edition

Read this article from the Giants game and keep blaming the offensive line and coaches.
    Anyone who still thinks TS is the answer after reading that, needs to go read that a second, third and fourth time because they clearly aren't comprehending the gravity of what they are reading. That's pretty damning right there...

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Anyone who still thinks TS is the answer after reading that, needs to go read that a second, third and fourth time because they clearly aren't comprehending the gravity of what they are reading. That's pretty damning right there...
    Im not going to disagree, but simply state, it WONT improve with OS. He cant read shit either.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Im not going to disagree, but simply state, it WONT improve with OS. He cant read shit either.
    Agreed, and why I'm not one of the guys screaming "bench the QB!" Oz is also terrible.

The Siemian apologists just need to come to their senses if there's any of them left. The guy we saw in the first 3 games of the year is gone which is really frustrating because he was looking like he had improved a bit and the team might at least make a playoff push this season.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Is Chad Kelly practicing yet?

Wouldn't it be nice if we still had Sloter?
    At this point, we have no idea if Kelly has any better of a better brain than Lynch does.

Lynch has fantastic intangibles, but so far is very slow with his reads. What about Kelly (who hasn't taken a single snap) has people assuming he would be any better?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Wow that was a great write up. Even as an armchair QB you can see Siemian stare down receivers which is the only way to explain the fact that they are brought down instantly or mugged for the ball. You never see him throw a guy open or throw to a spot like the really good QBs do. Even the long ball never leads a receiver who seems to have a step on the corner. Drives me crazy. It was apparent with the Chargers yesterday when they just lined up everyone at the sticks on 3rd and long and rushed 3 or 4. They have no respect for our QB.
    Nothing looks routine for Siemian right now either. Every play looks like an ad-lib and the ball is far too slow coming out (as many already mentioned). Are there no timing routes in the playbook?

8. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Is Chad Kelly practicing yet?

Wouldn't it be nice if we still had Sloter?
    Why? They wouldn't use him even if he was. There is a certain stubbornness and defiance that comes with this team.
    Last edited by GEM; 10-23-2017 at 02:16 PM.

10. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Well, Vance inherited this line so I'd say it's more on Elway, but that's just me.
    My theory GEM is that VJ got his input. He had to be OK with trading Schofield, benching Donald Stephenson and going with Andre Barbre as his "swing tackle" when he's not really a tackle. He was fine with getting rid of Russell Okung.

Well I got endless crap from these boards for saying that the Broncos should have re-signed Russell Okung. All the posters crucified me for thinking "this doesn't look good. The Broncos are going into the season with a raw ROOKIE who has never played a down in the NFL as your starting LT in a division where the other teams have Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram, Tamba Hali, Justin Houston and maybe the best young DL in football in Kalil Mack. Oh, and your Right tackle is Menelik Watson who has spent over 1/2 of his NFL career on IR. Maybe they should sign a veteran FA LT, and somebody actually GOOD at RT who isn't a massive injury risk."

But, no. Both Elway and VJ insisted "nothing to see here. Everything's fine! It's fine! We have confidence in our young guys."

Well, how did that work out for you VJ? Not great? "Well, surprise! Surprise! Surprise!"

So, I'd say there's plenty of blame to go around. How is it that the Broncos with all these "elite" offensive coaches with former head coaching experience, and former offensive coordinator experience taking these assistant jobs with the Broncos can't manage to create an offense that can score 1 point on the freaking LA Chargers playing in a 25,000 seat stadium that was about 2/3 full and more than 1/2 of those were Broncos fans?

Von Miller was leading cheers from the stands when the Broncos were on defense! In their stadium! And the yet Broncos weren't even in the game at all.

Where is all that great coaching? Why is it that the Chargers can get decent play from cast-off Broncos OL like Schofield and Okung who got run out of town? They sucked bad while they were here, yet somehow they are serviceable when playing for the pathetic Chargers?

It's not as if the Chargers played great yesterday. They played like a team that knew they had the game won if they just didn't do anything stupid to turn the ball over. So, they only scored 14 points on offense. Rather like when the Patriots came to town last year, Tom Brady put up 16 points on the Broncos and they won going away.

Why take risks throwing the ball, when you can shut it down, run the ball, take no risks and win 16-3 or whatever the score was? That has to be on the coaching staff when shit like that happens, when your offense is so horrible the other team doesn't have to score more than 10 points on offense to win.

How can it be anything other than really bad coaching?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Wow that was a great write up. Even as an armchair QB you can see Siemian stare down receivers which is the only way to explain the fact that they are brought down instantly or mugged for the ball. You never see him throw a guy open or throw to a spot like the really good QBs do. Even the long ball never leads a receiver who seems to have a step on the corner. Drives me crazy. It was apparent with the Chargers yesterday when they just lined up everyone at the sticks on 3rd and long and rushed 3 or 4. They have no respect for our QB.
    Yep it’s pretty obvious when you can see the field. I kept 1/2 blaming our WRs for not getting separation, but there are always 1 and sometimes 2 or more receivers wide open. This is the same problem Siemian had last year. He eyes his primary and throws at his receivers instead of throwing to them expecting them to correct mid stride to make the catch. When it works, people praise him for “back shoulder” throws when they’re just plain inaccurate.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

13. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Why? They wouldn't use him even if he was. There is a certain stubbornness and defiance that comes with this team.
    Come on GEM. This is delusional thinking, that somehow Kyle Sloter would do anything! He was beat like a rented mule by the #1 offense in practice and looked bad doing it. That was the word the Broncos coaches gave to reporters who privately asked about "why is Kyle Sloter not on this team?"

Good against vanilla defenses manned by future dry-wall installers or loading dock workers at Office Depot is not the same thing as good against Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram or Justin Houston or Kalil Mack. That is why Sloter isn't on this team. Because he looked like a project at best and they already have 2 other "projects" who are NOT rookies in Paxton and Brock. Why add another unproven QB who projects as one of the longest of long shots in the NFL. They already have Chad Kelly for that role of "long, long, long shot, but with real athletic talent."

At least Chad Kelly has a cannon for an arm, whatever that might be worth (perhaps not much, remember Jay "Jeff George" Cutler).

I think we are perfectly safe predicting that whatever may be the fate of Trevor, Kyle Sloter is not destined for a great career in the NFL. There's a reason he wasn't drafted. And it was not because he's so awesome. Fans got out of control over a few meaningless pre-season games. But, there's more to the picture.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Plenty Of Blame To Go Around After Broncos Loss In L.A.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/10/2...s-loss-in-l-a/

Players speaking out

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    At this point, we have no idea if Kelly has any better of a better brain than Lynch does.

Lynch has fantastic intangibles, but so far is very slow with his reads. What about Kelly (who hasn't taken a single snap) has people assuming he would be any better?
    I think it's magical thinking: "we know the offense sucks with Trevor. Maybe somehow it will be better with a rookie! It can't be any worse."

Yes, actually it can. Because Trevor might stare down his receivers, but that is NOT because he's stupid. It's because he's getting seriously hurt and beat up on every play. He's taking an incredible beating and is trying to get the ball out of his hands before he gets planted again, and again. Well, put Osweiler in there and he'll take the same beating.

And we know from watching him last year that Brock didn't respond well to pressure. That's when he started throwing lots of picks, and that is why they got rid of him. Mr. Interception Machine.

Just because Trevor is no good, doesn't mean either Brock or Paxton would be better. Clearly Trevor was the best QB on the roster during the pre-season.

Still, its obvious they are going to have to make a change pretty soon. One more horrible performance in KC, and it will be time for a change just to change things up.

I just have ZERO expectation that it will lead to anything but more of the same. Maybe worse.

Because, what is the problem with this offense? Answer: The Broncos are in a division with a TON of monster pass-rushers. Every team in the division has at least 2 elite pass-rushers.

And the Broncos still have a garbage OL. So, what would change with Brock in there? Or Paxton? And as for a raw rookie like Chad Kelly? Putting him in there with this OL would be like putting in a Wildebeest and expecting him to take on a pride of Lions! "Bite Sized Morsel? Meet Simba. Now mix it up!"

At this point, if I wanted to look towards the future and see what I have with a kid, it would be Lynch, even if Kelly were available.

If I wanted to throw in a vet who has at-least done SOMETHING in this league and I just wanted to try and spark SOME kind of change, it would be Oz.

18. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

At this point, if I wanted to look towards the future and see what I have with a kid, it would be Lynch, even if Kelly were available.

If I wanted to throw in a vet who has at-least done SOMETHING in this league and I just wanted to try and spark SOME kind of change, it would be Oz.
    Why Lynch? He is so awful. Lynch is a lost cause. He can't read defenses, has no touch or accuracy and he doesn't seem to give a shit. I'd much rather see if Kelly is worth a shit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

You're likely to get both your wishes. Trevor is clearly hiding the fact that he's injured again. Last year he tried to pretend he was physically fine when he had 4 broken bones in his left shoulder. Same thing this year. I think he's a lot more beat up and injured than they are letting on.

What happens if the Broncos get crushed in KC? Some kind of change will be inevitable at that point. So, they put in Osweiler, who is likely to suffer the same fate as Trevor - getting plastered to the field on every play, panicking and throwing the ball early and getting picked off for a pick-6. Then we get to see if Paxton has matured into a starting caliber QB. Only he clearly has not or they would have given him the starting job. Elway gave him every opportunity to win the "QB contest" and it wasn't even close.

I heard Stink on the radio today, saying that he thinks Brock wants anything but to be thrown into the game and told "go get 'em Tiger! We can't run the ball and our OL will get you broken in short order. But, just go out there and somehow take the team on your back and will our overpaid WRs to get open!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I don't care who is back there, no QB in the League can function effectively with that OLine.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

22. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information