Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: At What Point Do We Blame Elway and Vance Joseph For the OL?

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Why Lynch? He is so awful. Lynch is a lost cause. He can't read defenses, has no touch or accuracy and he doesn't seem to give a shit. I'd much rather see if Kelly is worth a shit.
    I would rather give Kelly at-least a little preseason action before letting him in a real game for any reason.

I agree that Lynch is bad as hell right now reading defenses, I just have no proof Kelly is any better at that because he hasn't thrown a ball against an opposing NFL defender yet.

For that reason, if I was essentially doing what we did with Tebow and just saying what the hell, just throw the kid in, it would be Lynch and see if he improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I don't care who is back there, no QB in the League can function effectively with that OLine.
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...ffense-edition

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Proves nothing. The reason Siemian is making these mistakes is not because he doesn't understand the game or the scheme or lacks skill. His weaknesses are being amplified by the line and lack of a running game (double down on the shitty line and then add in a depleted receiving crew due to injuries after the Buffalo game). You can't expect one leg of the stool to hold you up if the other two are loose and broken.

Look at the play-by-play of the first four drives yesterday against the Chargers. Point out where the QB being "broken" was the issue in any of that. Go ahead, I will wait...

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Proves nothing. The reason Siemian is making these mistakes is not because he doesn't understand the game or the scheme or lacks skill. His weaknesses are being amplified by the line and lack of a running game (double down on the shitty line and then add in a depleted receiving crew due to injuries after the Buffalo game). You can't expect one leg of the stool to hold you up if the other two are loose and broken.

Look at the play-by-play of the first four drives yesterday against the Chargers. Point out where the QB being "broken" was the issue in any of that. Go ahead, I will wait...
    I don't have the technology available to do what that guy does in his article. I'm sure he will by later on in the week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Always mystified me about this hire of VJ. I don't think there has ever been a hire where their only coordinator experience was ONE YEAR and that year garnered a 29th ranking. BTW, that Dolphins defense as of now, is ranked 7th in the league. 29th under VJ. That was his only stint as coordinator in the NFL. That defense has talent all over it. Mystery to me. He must have really impressed in the interview.

Also, not for nothing but the Rams defense is really turning it around. They had some problems stopping the run. However, they are league leaders in sacks and turnovers. Just saying, for those who may be interested in what Wade Philips is doing. Which leads me to this. Did Elway allow Philips to walk, cause he was either getting too much glory for the SB win, or something like that?

For those thinking that VJ being the new coach really meant he was to bring in his own people. Well, the Steelers did not do that when they hired Tomlin in 2007. In fact it was a very very similar situation. Steelers won it in 2005 with number one defense. Did not make the play offs the next year, and their coach Cowher retired. They hired Tomlin, who had NO coaching experience and was actually a Tampa 2 defensive coach. Well, he was hired and the Steelers did not get rid of Lebeau. They kept their defensive staff in tact.

I think Woods is doing a great job. Not sure he is dialing up enough blitz packages and I think it may be reflecting in the lack of turn overs. They are 32nd in the NFL in forced fumbles.

Off topic, I think. I guess I am sort of disappointed with Elway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Plenty Of Blame To Go Around After Broncos Loss In L.A.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/10/2...s-loss-in-l-a/

Players speaking out
    The defense has nothing to be ashamed about or take any of the fault. They can only do so much when they are left to stay on the field for most of the game because the offense cant even get first downs. The fact that we could not run on the Chargers defense which is one of the worst in the league speak volumes where the blame falls. Oh, and ST's as well. If any defender is taking blame they are only doing so because they are trying to be a consummate teammate but its just lip service to me because they are not to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Anyone who still thinks TS is the answer after reading that, needs to go read that a second, third and fourth time because they clearly aren't comprehending the gravity of what they are reading. That's pretty damning right there...
    Yes, we know he was staring at his WRs all the way and they read that resulting in picks. I think Mark Schlereth is right about that though. Dude has been blasted on every play. His check downs are "first check the LT and see if he's getting Ole'd. Then check my RT, then check the C, to see if I have time to throw it. Then throw to DT because if they haven't been beat yet, they will be and I need to get the ball out of my hands QUICK!"

He's in full self-preservation mode right now. But, don't worry. All the guys who want to see Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch will certainly get their chances this season. And no, it won't be pretty at all. Those guys aren't starting for a reason, and that reason is not that Elway had something invested in Trevor, because they have NOTHING invested in Trevor. They tried desperately to hand the job to Paxton, despite the fact that Trevor was their starter last year, they declared an "open QB competition." Trevor won hands down because Paxton the Pirate sucks. As for Osweiler, he sucked so bad they ran him out of Houston giving up a 2nd round pick to get rid of him.

But, don't take my word for it. Just wait until they put him in, which should be by the Patriots game at the latest, and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The defense has nothing to be ashamed about or take any of the fault. They can only do so much when they are left to stay on the field for most of the game because the offense cant even get first downs. The fact that we could not run on the Chargers defense which is one of the worst in the league speak volumes where the blame falls. Oh, and ST's as well. If any defender is taking blame they are only doing so because they are trying to be a consummate teammate but its just lip service to me because they are not to blame.
    It's the REASON WHY they couldn't run on the Chargers that is the biggest problem. Teams have figured out that if you just stuff the box with 8 or 9 defenders and DARE Trevor to throw the ball down-field, he can't do it or the Broncos offense in general can't do it.

And he can't do it for several reasons: 1. His OL can't pass block even a little bit so he doesn't have time to throw. They are beyond horrible at pass-protection. 2. His WRs are not getting open in single coverage. Trevor is trying to force the ball into DT, and getting nowhere. 3. Trevor is shell-shocked and injured by now. He's playing worse and worse, trying desperately to make a play when there's nothing open because his team is always behind. And they are behind because the offense can't move the ball and the defense has been giving up big plays.

Today VJ said he has to "coach differently" which almost certainly means they are giving up all hope of 7 step drops. Just dump it off and take your chances. We saw them try to do that last game, with the bubble screen to DT, which the Chargers were all over and stuffed in the back-field. No point going for the play fake when you don't think the Broncos can possibly throw it 20 yards down field.

But, this OL isn't good enough at run blocking to just line up and force run it down the field and score TDs. So, teams have the offense utterly stifled. NO reason to think that will change any time soon.

11. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I would rather give Kelly at-least a little preseason action before letting him in a real game for any reason.

I agree that Lynch is bad as hell right now reading defenses, I just have no proof Kelly is any better at that because he hasn't thrown a ball against an opposing NFL defender yet.

For that reason, if I was essentially doing what we did with Tebow and just saying what the hell, just throw the kid in, it would be Lynch and see if he improves.
    Chad Kelly never even participated in OTAs or training camp because of injury. He's considerably rawer than Paxton was at this time last year. Next year he will be a PURE rookie. There's absolutely no way they are throwing him into the fire this season unless Trevor is out, Paxton is out and Brock is out.

Of course they'll give him a chance next year in OTAs & Training Camp, because there's always the possibility that he turns out to be the next Dak Prescott, but that ain't the way to bet. No.

If you go with a rookie QB next year, that means they are in full Rebuilding Mode.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Chad Kelly never even participated in OTAs or training camp because of injury. He's considerably rawer than Paxton was at this time last year. Next year he will be a PURE rookie. There's absolutely no way they are throwing him into the fire this season unless Trevor is out, Paxton is out and Brock is out.

Of course they'll give him a chance next year in OTAs & Training Camp, because there's always the possibility that he turns out to be the next Dak Prescott, but that ain't the way to bet. No.

If you go with a rookie QB next year, that means they are in full Rebuilding Mode.
    They are in full rebuilding mode anyway. This is quite possibly a 3-13 season. I am predicting 5-11. Other than the disaster of a pick with Lynch, there is the disaster of a hire in VJ.

Sorry to be so gloom and doom, but really. VJ really had no business being the HC of THIS FRANCHISE with almost ZERO EXPERIENCE as a coordinator. Unless, we count that ONE SEASON with Miami where the defense was ranked 29th.

Does that make any sense to you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If I am understanding this right, look at the rushing in the first 4 games and then the rushing yards in the last 2 games. There is a major difference. When we were running the ball in the first 4 games, we ended up with a 3-1 record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2017.htm

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    If I am understanding this right, look at the rushing in the first 4 games and then the rushing yards in the last 2 games. There is a major difference. When we were running the ball in the first 4 games, we ended up with a 3-1 record.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2017.htm
    It is turning out that the cowboys game was an anomaly. The last 4 games is more about what this offense actually is. 4 games in a row the offense in severe decline. I was holding out a bit of hope that the Bills and Giants defenses were just stout and good. The chargers defense against the run has been awful.

They cannot even score over 10 points. It's a disaster right now with no answers other than wishful thinking.

The tough part of the schedule is here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I can’t believe we are 0-6.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I can’t believe we are 0-6.
    Nor should you believe it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fire VJ and bring back McDaniels!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information