Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Chargers 10/22/17

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I quit watching a few minutes into the 2nd quarter and I didn't miss it at all. Two games this season I didn't watch at all. I have watched maybe 1 hour of non-Bronco NFL all season. I thiink I'm over it. I'll DVR the Bronco games and watch a few when the mood strikes me but otherwise I'm pretty much done with the NFL.
    It's not a knock on you because I know you like MLB, but this is how I approached the MLB and NBA. Now, I don't ever watch the games. I just lost interest.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Was it just a matter of execution?
    Who would you like to execute first, and what method? I prefer firing squad.

4. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hey Joe!

How was your weekend?
    Eventful. Yesterday I helped move the rest of dad's stuff out of his old place, and am working on the gorgeous China cabinet we inherited. After th at, the Mrs and I went to a work BBQ.

Today, worked on the yard (damn leaves) in the morning. Went to my nephews house in the afternoon. I don't recall what we did there though.

You?

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Eventful. Yesterday I helped move the rest of dad's stuff out of his old place, and am working on the gorgeous China cabinet we inherited. After th at, the Mrs and I went to a work BBQ.

Today, worked on the yard (damn leaves) in the morning. Went to my nephews house in the afternoon. I don't recall what we did there though.

You?
    I worked Saturday and spent today watching football. Nothing exciting.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's not a knock on you because I know you like MLB, but this is how I approached the MLB and NBA. Now, I don't ever watch the games. I just lost interest.
    Ironically, the reason I have no interest in the NFL anymore is because it is becoming more and more like the NBA IMHO. It's basically a sport now that is decided by refs as much as by players and the players seem to care less and less each year. Those opinions coupled with the kneeling controversy has basically turned me away from the sport.

Now, whether or not this sticks for me once the World Series ends I don't know. I might need some kind of sports fix and turn to my old friend Football, we'll just have to wait and see.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The losses don't bother me at all since the super bowl. I got to see us win one as an adult. I'm good.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Ironically, the reason I have no interest in the NFL anymore is because it is becoming more and more like the NBA IMHO. It's basically a sport now that is decided by refs as much as by players and the players seem to care less and less each year. Those opinioins coupled with the kneeling controversy has basically turned me away from the sport.

Now, whether or not this sticks for me once the World Series ends I don't know. I might need some kind of sports fix and turn to my old friend Football, we'll just have to wait and see.
    It would make for a long winter without football.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I worked Saturday and spent today watching football. Nothing exciting.
    Nice.

I think I'm going to take tomorrow off. I have to get a few more things ready for the snow later this week outside the house.

Here's a picture of our beautiful new china cabinet:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	11235

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

You set out the fine china and silverware for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, Joe?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I quit watching a few minutes into the 2nd quarter and I didn't miss it at all. Two games this season I didn't watch at all. I have watched maybe 1 hour of non-Bronco NFL all season. I thiink I'm over it. I'll DVR the Bronco games and watch a few when the mood strikes me but otherwise I'm pretty much done with the NFL.
    I haven't gotten to this point yet with Broncos games, but I totally have with other NFL games. I haven't watched more than a half of any non-Broncos game all season. Just don't have interest anymore.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I keep seeing references to losing interest in the NFL. Why is that?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You set out the fine china and silverware for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, Joe?
    We avoid being the hosts at all costs.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Ironically, the reason I have no interest in the NFL anymore is because it is becoming more and more like the NBA IMHO. It's basically a sport now that is decided by refs as much as by players and the players seem to care less and less each year. Those opinions coupled with the kneeling controversy has basically turned me away from the sport.

Well, if you do stop watching, your loss will just be blamed on cord-cutting.

23. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I keep seeing references to losing interest in the NFL. Why is that?
    For me, personally, it's the rules/officiating. We don't know what a catch is anymore, you can't hit anyone anymore, it's just not as fun a product to watch as it used to be. Games in general are just bad more often than they are good it seems.

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    For me, personally, it's the rules/officiating. We don't know what a catch is anymore, you can't hit anyone anymore, it's just not as fun a product to watch as it used to be. Games in general are just bad more often than they are good it seems.
    This and the players become less and less likable for me. I've always understood that the fans care more than the players but that divide has widened quite a bit since I was a kid, or at least it feels that way to me.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information