Thread: Broncos loyalty of 'Walking Dead' star dates back to Elway mullet

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos loyalty of 'Walking Dead' star dates back to Elway mullet

NOVI, Mich. -- He grew up hearing about the Orange Crush and lived in the world of John Elway and Super Bowls lost. He spent his childhood watching the Denver Broncos, and even now, in Hollywood, Ross Marquand can hardly stand to miss a game.

The Broncos have become a conversation point for him on set of “The Walking Dead,” which has its season premiere on Sunday. Marquand has played Aaron since 2015. It’s the biggest role thus far in his career, which includes playing Paul Newman in an episode of “Mad Men.”

But as he explained at the Motor City Comic Con earlier this year, Marquand’s Broncos fandom has brought him some allegiances on set -- and some memories of having an Elway-esque mullet as a kid. And why the crossover fandom between the NFL and Walking Dead might resonate.

That has to be a huge thing for you guys, all being football fans. Does it resonate?

Ross Marquand: It’s a great give-and-take between those two fandoms. NFL fans, I would argue, are some of the most loyal fans in the world. Case in point, Broncos have went to the Super Bowl eight times now, I think, and we’ve lost more than we’ve won. When you’ve had your heart broken over and over again and I think it’s like on our show, like you have all these fans that love certain characters and love certain storylines over and over again; your favorite character is getting killed off but you stick with the show because you know that the show overall is one that you care about. You care about tuning in. Like you want to see the Broncos succeed. I want to see the Alexandrians succeed. I want to see Rick and the group succeed. It’s very similar.

How did you become a Broncos fan?

RM: I’m from Denver and it was in my blood. My mom’s a huge football fan so she just instilled that in all of us.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...lue-and-orange

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information