Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Siemian not only NFL quarterback to endure 'sophomore slump'

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Oh, dude, take off the tinfoil hat! THat conspiracy theory is idiotic! They want to WIN games. Elway just signed a five year deal to stay as the Broncos GM. It made him about the highest paid GM in the league but the money was irrelevant to Elway. He already has over $150M! What more does he need to do anything he wants for the rest of his life? He wants to win more championships. That's all he wants.

So, IF Kyle freakin' Sloter could help Elway win a championship he would be on this roster. Because there is NOTHING that would destroy Elway's reputation more than letting some QB go and then the guy becomes a SB winning QB somewhere else. Know where that has happened before in NFL history?
    That's debatable. Coaches and GM's not only want to win, they want to win with THEIR GUY a lot of the time. Look at Tebow. Say what you want about him, but he won a playoff game (unlike the great Trevor Siemian [lol]). However, he was gone with or without Peyton Manning. Elway would have chose Brandon Weeden over him, for crying out loud.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Welcome back, friend.

Even though you are a bit deluded about Sloter . . .
    I don’t know what you guys think I’m referring to but Sloter showed more QB skills than the other two, I’m not just talking physical ability either, which he has in spades.

Pocket sense and stepping up in pocket, going through progressions, scrambling to buy time and keeping eyes down field, touch, timing, anticipation. On top of a year in a pro style offfnese, which Lynch still hasn’t accrued.

I’m not saying Sloter is Tony Romo, I’m saying he was closer to Romo than the other two.

Now your turn, remind me again how he looked in practice against a defense that makes Tom Brady look like Trevor Siemian.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don’t know what you guys think I’m referring to but Sloter showed more QB skills than the other two, I’m not just talking physical ability either, which he has in spades.

Pocket sense and stepping up in pocket, going through progressions, scrambling to buy time and keeping eyes down field, touch, timing, anticipation. On top of a year in a pro style offfnese, which Lynch still hasn’t accrued.

I’m not saying Sloter is Tony Romo, I’m saying he was closer to Romo than the other two.

Now your turn, remind me again how he looked in practice against a defense that makes Tom Brady look like Trevor Siemian.
    Well, I thought I knew what I saw in the games he played. But he played against 3rd and 4th string scrubs.
    I found out later that he struggled immensely in practice against first stringers. So much so that they took
    a chance in cutting him, admittedly hoping to get him on the PS. But if they really valued him highly, they
    would not have taken that chance. They wouldn't have even thought about it with Chad Kelly.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Well, I thought I knew what I saw in the games he played. But he played against 3rd and 4th string scrubs.
    I found out later that he struggled immensely in practice against first stringers. So much so that they took
    a chance in cutting him, admittedly hoping to get him on the PS. But if they really valued him highly, they
    would not have taken that chance. They wouldn't have even thought about it with Chad Kelly.
    They didn’t have to do anything with Kelly, we don’t know what they would’ve done if they didn’t have the NFI designation but even then they have the IR option, which is a no-brainer. Even for this FO.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They didn’t have to do anything with Kelly, we don’t know what they would’ve done if they didn’t have the NFI designation but even then they have the IR option, which is a no-brainer. Even for this FO.
    I guess the verb tense blew by you? I said they "wouldn't have" thought . . . etc. That's why I
    chose that verb tense. It allowed for his situation. I just thought I wouldn't have to do all the
    typing it would take to review what we all already know.

Nonetheless, I believe they would have deemed Chad more talented than Sloter and wouldn't
    have taken that chance. That is my opinion.

Nonetheless, my point was that the staff wasn't as impressed as some of us were with Sloter,
    so they took the chance. Had they been, they wouldn't have. Another team did take the
    chance, of course, but they saw him only in preseason games against scrubs. They didn't get
    the chance to see him in camp, either. So we'll see how that goes, but I wouldn't be surprised
    if we never hear of him again. And, remember, he played for my alma mater, so I am a bit
    more familiar with him than most of us.
    Last edited by topscribe; 10-29-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Yes, all of that is true. Look, most of us are not just assuming Sloter would have been the next version of Favre or whatever. What most of do think he was having a better camp than the other two. Just to reiterate, it comes down to upside. At least for me. He showed that there is an upside with his ability. Would it have translated to the NFL level? Probably not. Just that whenever someone brings up that he played AGAINST 3rd teamers, I always point out that he also play WITH 3rd teamers. Which sort of cancels each other out. Sort of.

Since Sloter has taken over the topic of this thread, here are some of his highlights in the preseason. There are some big league throws in there.

at .35
    at 1:51
    at 2:17 Really, an outstanding play. Running to his left and threw a very accurate pass. No QB on the roster has that in them. I dont think anyway.
    at 2:27 a good deep out pass. Yes, the defender fell, but the pass got there with zip. In case you wanted to know what scouts really look for in arm strength. Those patterns and passes are what they typically look at.
    at 2:37
    at 2:45

Again, just to reiterate. All of that probably means very little. It is just that I still think he outperformed ALL of the QBs in TC. I seem to recall a lot of posts and Tweets from people at TC (along with reporters) saying how good he was looking. When you say he struggled immensely against the Broncos starters, that actually makes me feel good. Hate to see a walk on dismantling the No Fly Zone. You get the point.

He is gone, nothing we can do about it now. I thought he showed some promise, and now we have a roster filled with blah......until we can see what Kelly may or may not have. Assuming Elway does not spend a draft pick on yet another first round QB in 2018.

I am not going too lie kyle sloter did make some big boy throws from the pocket and rolling out to his left and right, the Broncos simply showed too much of sloter and thought they could sneak him onto the practice squad lol. It failed!

However the Broncos foud themselves in a situation where lynch got hurt and would be missing 5 weeks or so and they absolutely didn't want to put Kelly on the practice squad and they didn't wanna put him on IR either it seems? Just incase he's available to get some garbage reps late in the year maybe? Idk but anyways kyle sloter made some throws that Trevor could only dream of making or taking. He has the gun slinver mentality that yiu have to have if you want to even have a chance at being a legit quarterback. Scary quarterbacks just don't last man!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information