Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Siemian not only NFL quarterback to endure 'sophomore slump'

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    That may or may not be true about Sloter. PROBABLY true. However, he is an unknown quantity. We can make assumptions and you may be right.

However, based on what we saw in TC and preseason games, Sloter may have been the best QB on the roster. Yes, that might be me saying he was the tallest....uhhhhh midget, but again that is an assumption.

Yes, in preseason he played against 3rd teamers. He also played WITH 3rd teamers.

What makes me frustrated about that issue is Elway traded away an unknown quantity for osweiler, who has proven to be what he is.

That, is nothing special. Hence the reason we are not exactly tingling for Osweiler to take over. If Sloter came in, I think we may actually get a little excited.

Again, you are PROBABLY right about him. However, we are CERTAINLY right about Siemian and Oz. There is no probably there.
    And the only way this makes sense is if you were willing to dump Simien or Lynch from the roster to keep Sloter before this season started. We didn't get rid of Sloter for Oz. Oz came back after there was a QB injury, and after Sloter was claimed away from our attempts to put him on the practice squad. We did not have room for three QBs this season with all the other injuries we had to start the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

He’s gotta get benched. He can’t throw past the line of scrimmage either from fear, rush, or gulp design. His throws are either floating or behind. He’s wildely erratic and every throw is contested. The OL sucks but without a threat of longer passes they can stop the run and handle the underneath. I hate to say it but OZ is the best option we have.

3. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Coach Joseph to @OrangeBlue760: "Trevor is our guy.... We all have to do more to help the offense get better."

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Coach Joseph to @OrangeBlue760: "Trevor is our guy.... We all have to do more to help the offense get better."
    And he should be. VJ went on to say that it doesn't make a difference who the QB is if they
    can't protect him. He also said Trevor can play very well if they are running the ball, especially
    with pass rushers such as the Chargers have. "It's been proven," he added.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

6. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    He’s gotta get benched. He can’t throw past the line of scrimmage either from fear, rush, or gulp design. His throws are either floating or behind. He’s wildely erratic and every throw is contested. The OL sucks but without a threat of longer passes they can stop the run and handle the underneath. I hate to say it but OZ is the best option we have.
    Yet Trevor completed 71.4% of those wildly erratic throws.
    So he must have gotten them somewhere around the receivers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    And he should be. VJ went on to say that it doesn't make a difference who the QB is if they
    can't protect him. He also said Trevor can play very well if they are running the ball, especially
    with pass rushers such as the Chargers have. "It's been proven," he added.
    Ok, let's ignore the over throws and the under throws and overall inconsistent play and let's also cling to the first half of the cowboys game as proof.

Teams have adjusted to what the Broncos are.doing. They are not allowing the run and they are challenging Siemian.

He has no consistent accuracy. He does not strike any concern in anyone.

9. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Ok, let's ignore the over throws and the under throws and overall inconsistent play and let's also cling to the first half of the cowboys game as proof.

Teams have adjusted to what the Broncos are.doing. They are not allowing the run and they are challenging Siemian.

He has no consistent accuracy. He does not strike any concern in anyone.
    I'm just agreeing with the coach. Are you the coach?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

The point is we should not listen to press conferences. In fact I think they are almost entirely pointless. Sometimes, we get a classic soundbite, but they are generally pointless. Most of them listen to their PR people and give us the PC answers. VJ is not going to say anything controversial.

We all see what we see. Siemian was not going to be a miracle 7th round draft pick. Personally, I wish the staff would at least make it look like they are trying to something different. I know with the line it is rather difficult to do much, but I think they have some decent pieces on the line. I am mystified why they would not at least help out Barber against Bosa.

I wish they would run more spread, and no huddle. I wish they try to raise the tempo, and stop running the same stupid running plays into stacked lines that puts Siemian into 2nd and long. It is constant thing. There is no attempt to change it. This is four games in a row that the offense has not scored over 16 points, and it increasingly has gotten worse.

The team is not even in their tough part of their schedule.

12. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No one has to be, the coach is a moron though.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Vance Joseph sticks with Trevor Siemian as starting quarterback

CENTENNIAL, Colo. -- Picture him walking off the field after the Dallas Cowboys game, standing at the podium, smiling in the locker room. With six touchdowns and a 2-0 record, Trevor Siemian had arrived.

A month later, everything has changed, with increasingly disgruntled fans wanting him removed as starter in favor of Brock Osweiler.

And yet Monday, Joseph continued to stick with Siemian, insisting many share the blame -- coaches, players -- for an offense that has scored three touchdowns in four games.
    AND

Make no mistake, the Broncos' offensive issues go well beyond Siemian. When they can't run, they can't win. Their tackles require improvement in pass protection -- Allen Barbre and Garett Bolles struggled mightily against the Chargers -- the red zone is a buzzkill, and receivers continue to lose one-on-one battles with alarming regularity.

"We are losing on first down," Joseph said. "We have to coach differently. We will do more walk-throughs. We have to get better. Something is not clicking with our players as far as doing things right, so we have to coach differently."
    full article - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...ng-quarterback

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nope, im not going....

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Bitching about the running game is kinda pointless, too. CJ touched the ball 10 times for 44 yards yesterday (4.4 ypc avg) which isn’t chopped liver, but we can’t just keep running into loaded boxes because the defense doesn’t respect our passing game. Yes protection needed improvement so what do we do? Establish a short, rhythm passing game (dink and dunk) to get Siemian his confidence back. Throw on 1st down. Don’t be so damned predictable. Put a TE next to the RT every play and have him chip/crack the LDE every passing play. I’m not kidding. Every play he should be earholing the LDE. Play 6 olinemen to establish the running game. Do something. We can’t count on Siemian to be an even average QB anymore so we’re gonna have to fix the offense without counting on him to ever be clutch. He’s straight garbage. Sorry top, but the dude is shitty.

You can’t just say “establish the run and Siemian is fine” because everyone now aims to take away our running game. He has to be able to beat defenses with his arm and he can’t, even when he has protection. What QB couldn’t be successful if the running game is working??? It’s a stupid excuse. QBs must be able to win games on their own merits, not just be carried and protected by their team all the time. If it’s Siemian, I don’t know if we’ll win another game. He’s totally ****** up in the head right now, I think his shoulder is hurt again, and even 100% he’s just not very good.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

19. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

^^^^^ agreed!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I don't think a QB switch will happen for 2 weeks unless he gets so bad like 3 to 4 turnovers per game and we are blown out in the next 2 games. Then he could be benched in middle of game. But I think he will stay put until lynch is healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The point is we should not listen to press conferences. In fact I think they are almost entirely pointless. Sometimes, we get a classic soundbite, but they are generally pointless. Most of them listen to their PR people and give us the PC answers. VJ is not going to say anything controversial.

We all see what we see. Siemian was not going to be a miracle 7th round draft pick. Personally, I wish the staff would at least make it look like they are trying to something different. I know with the line it is rather difficult to do much, but I think they have some decent pieces on the line. I am mystified why they would not at least help out Barber against Bosa.

I wish they would run more spread, and no huddle. I wish they try to raise the tempo, and stop running the same stupid running plays into stacked lines that puts Siemian into 2nd and long. It is constant thing. There is no attempt to change it. This is four games in a row that the offense has not scored over 16 points, and it increasingly has gotten worse.

The team is not even in their tough part of their schedule.
    You're right. We shouldn't listen to VJ's press conferences. Rather, let's just read here from those who know better than an NFL coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No one has to be, the coach is a moron though.
    In your opinion . . .

23. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information