Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Siemian not only NFL quarterback to endure 'sophomore slump'

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    He wasn't great, he was better than orton though.
    Not really, not if you actually paid attention to that season at all.

Orton 0-6, Tebow playoffs and playoff win.

End of discussion. But the way you all defend Trevor it's no suprise you'll defend orton.

Total waste of time, it's hilarious how fans get attached to these bum quarterbacks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

End of discussion. But the way you all defend Trevor it's no suprise you'll defend orton.

Total waste of time, it's hilarious how fans get attached to these bum quarterbacks.
    Orton played like garbage, but Tebow wasnt lighting the world on fire. He didnt even win the game in KC and instead backed into the playoffs. But sure, look at that situation with a myopic view, i expect it from you now. Lmao

In the Denver section of Football's Future, I talked about how they should have kept Sloter, and how Siemian never really earned the job. There was a fan that was putting Sloter down and suggesting that he wouldn't do better. I couldn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Orton played like garbage, but Tebow wasnt lighting the world on fire. He didnt even win the game in KC and instead backed into the playoffs. But sure, look at that situation with a myopic view, i expect it from you now. Lmao
    The fact that we was even in position to limp into the playoffs after starting 0-6 was because of Tebow inspiring his team. You keep on cheerleading for orton and Trevor with your orange and blue pom poms. Lynch will get his shot soon whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    In the Denver section of Football's Future, I talked about how they should have kept Sloter, and how Siemian never really earned the job. There was a fan that was putting Sloter down and suggesting that he wouldn't do better. I couldn't believe it.
    What?

I don't know what sloter would have done, but it cannot get much worse than Trevor, the dude was a bench player at northwestern behind a guy who couldn't throw and a 7th round pick for a reason. Now all of a sudden at the highest most difficult place to be a qb people think he's going to be something hes never been which is a good starting qb.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The fact that we was even in position to limp into the playoffs after starting 0-6 was because of Tebow inspiring his team. You keep on cheerleading for orton and Trevor with your orange and blue pom poms. Lynch will get his shot soon whether you like it or not.
    You are a moron, i dont cheer for Orton or Siemian and im quite aware that Lynch will get his shot. I mean, DUH. He was drafted in the first round you dope. But the reality is he will fail just like Tebow did ultimately and flame out of the NFL just like Tebow did. But you hang your hat on one mediocre season by Tebow as your groundwork for Lynch. In the end you will disappear just like before when he flames out. Lol

Okay mr pom poms now you are delusional as well, tebow and lynch are two totally different quarterbacks. But of course you'd make up some non sense like Tebow being my ground work for lynch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Here's the deal, if you're Vance Joseph, your running the risk of losing the respect of this locker room if you don't address these issues. The defense has been bailing out the offense for the past 3 years now, with no end in sight.

You need to bench Siemian for Brock, even if it's for one game, to make him accountable and to show him that you can be replaced. I don't think Brock would set the world on fire, but he did go 5-2 in 2015 and he knows this offense.

The thing that scares me is there is literally no end to this poor play. Coaches seem just as clueless as the players. I don't see any real leadership on the offense. Like I said, even if it's for 1 game, put Brock in and see what happens. What do you have to lose? Not scoring any points?? Lol.

10. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

For a sophomore slump means you have to have a good 1st year. His play is worse this season after a decent start.

People blame the OL but siemian does not help them the last 2 games showed that.Leary and Bolles are light years better than last season plus a good C. OL has improved the running game shows that with average of 150 yards per game against a normal defense that plays pass and run. But when a team loads box and just blitz our passing game can not over come. Siemian can not seem to adjust pass protection or audible correctly to help the offense. He can read a defense, he looks at defense if do his favorite match up and locos on the them. Only credit I give him is being able to see match ups but that is it. Once Lynch is 100% it should be his shot to evaluate and get some REAL experience

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Why do you bother trolling us with this garbage? Tebow sucked and it was freaking YEARS and YEARS ago!

Even beyond the stupid of insisting that keeping Tebow would have been a good idea in 2012, there is the MEGA-STupid that is equal to drooling in public for thinking that Tebow in 2017 is the same as Tebow in 2012. He's been out of the league for years now.

NOBODY thinks Tebow is a viable NFL QB. NOBODY but a few very, very stupid fans. He's retired and he's not coming back. After a few years retirement becomes permanent.

What?

I don't know what sloter would have done, but it cannot get much worse than Trevor, the dude was a bench player at northwestern behind a guy who couldn't throw and a 7th round pick for a reason. Now all of a sudden at the highest most difficult place to be a qb people think he's going to be something hes never been which is a good starting qb.
    Sloter and Tebow? Are you da DuMB? Neither of them can play dead in a western. Sloter isn't exactly lighting it up in Minnesota is he? Just because player A sucks doesn't mean player B is better. He can easily be worse. Your failure of imagination to imagine how it could be worse doesn't mean it can't be worse with a rookie who has never started an NFL game. A lot worse.

ANd Tebow is out of the league because he SUCKED and 32 NFL GMs concluded that he SUCKED. "But he won a playoff game by a fluke!" Well, he still sucks and nobody thinks differently, except a few hopeless dead enders like you apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Here's the deal, if you're Vance Joseph, your running the risk of losing the respect of this locker room if you don't address these issues. The defense has been bailing out the offense for the past 3 years now, with no end in sight.

You need to bench Siemian for Brock, even if it's for one game, to make him accountable and to show him that you can be replaced. I don't think Brock would set the world on fire, but he did go 5-2 in 2015 and he knows this offense.

The thing that scares me is there is literally no end to this poor play. Coaches seem just as clueless as the players. I don't see any real leadership on the offense. Like I said, even if it's for 1 game, put Brock in and see what happens. What do you have to lose? Not scoring any points?? Lol.
    Here at least is someone who is sensible and makes a rational argument!

I think you will get your wish to see Brock this season, probably against the Eagles or maybe at home against the Patriots. Trevor looked like he just lost a fight to Mike Tyson last night at his presser. He's seriously beaten up and injured.

But, is it fair to throw him to the wolves in KC where the fans are going to be roaring from start to finish. They hate the Broncos and sense that NOW is the time to bury Denver for the year. IF the Chiefs come out and make a statement and crush the Broncos 30-3 or something, they won't have to worry about Denver all year. Makes winning the division a lot easier for them.

They are going to put absolutely maximum pressure on Trevor with 8 and 9 man fronts. And their defense has talent at all three levels which cannot be said of the Chargers. Their offense has a lot more weapons too. No way are the Broncos holding the Chiefs to 14 points on defense. They are scoring 30 points a game with the #2 offense in the NFL this year.

Remember that you can only put in Brock and have it be a lift to the team spirits ONE time. After he's put in, and sucks, then what? Better to wait and put him in against the Bengals in week 10 when the season will be over and the pressure off.

Because if you think putting in Brock Osweiler is going to save anything you are simply wrong. The season is done. Put a fork in them. This team is not making a playoff run. Pretty obviously not, huh?

Well, if they are not, then the only thing will be to see if either Osweiler or Lynch can play at all. But, you have to put them into somewhat favourable situations, not a disaster like this. OR you have to wait until it no longer matters.

In three games the Broncos will be 3-6 and the season will be over. Then will be the time to put in Paxton or Brock and see what we've got there. (Almost certainly nothing of course).

The only reason you could disagree with this is if you think the season might somehow be saved. Well, I watched that last game. That is a defeated football team that has NO answers. Absolutely none.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Sloter and Tebow? Are you da DuMB? Neither of them can play dead in a western. Sloter isn't exactly lighting it up in Minnesota is he? Just because player A sucks doesn't mean player B is better. He can easily be worse. Your failure of imagination to imagine how it could be worse doesn't mean it can't be worse with a rookie who has never started an NFL game. A lot worse.

ANd Tebow is out of the league because he SUCKED and 32 NFL GMs concluded that he SUCKED. "But he won a playoff game by a fluke!" Well, he still sucks and nobody thinks differently, except a few hopeless dead enders like you apparently.
    That may or may not be true about Sloter. PROBABLY true. However, he is an unknown quantity. We can make assumptions and you may be right.

However, based on what we saw in TC and preseason games, Sloter may have been the best QB on the roster. Yes, that might be me saying he was the tallest....uhhhhh midget, but again that is an assumption.

Yes, in preseason he played against 3rd teamers. He also played WITH 3rd teamers.

What makes me frustrated about that issue is Elway traded away an unknown quantity for osweiler, who has proven to be what he is.

That, is nothing special. Hence the reason we are not exactly tingling for Osweiler to take over. If Sloter came in, I think we may actually get a little excited.

Again, you are PROBABLY right about him. However, we are CERTAINLY right about Siemian and Oz. There is no probably there.

Simien does remind me of an Orton. Looks pretty good in practive and terrible when guys start hitting him. His continual injuries also worry me. I haven't looked up his measurables, but he looks pretty thin/small for an NFL QB, which may be why he gets much worse the more he gets hit. His play only got worse through all of last season, and it loos to be going that way again.

The kid may have a future, but this team is built to win now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information