Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Siemian not only NFL quarterback to endure 'sophomore slump'

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

The way the league is set up with the hard cap, it is either.....

Pay top dollar for a QB that actually measures up to that contract, but even if that QB does, it will mean a rather poor defense.

Pay top dollar for a defense and have struggles with an average cheap QB.

I have pointed out the list of the top paid QBs in this league and most of them are either overrated or actually produce but the team struggles to make the play offs or dont make the play offs at all.

Saints
    Ravens
    Colts
    Cardinals
    Lions

All teams with top paid QBs and some of them even produce. All of them struggle to make the play offs or don't make them at all. No, the Pats are not on that list, since they have a QB that produces better than any QB in the history of the game and yet is the 17th highest paid QB. Yet they even struggle to keep talent on their defense.

We as fans want it all. A great QB, a great defense, a great Ol, what am I missing?

Exactly how does that happen in a hard cap league? It has to be something more than needing to be "wise." Every franchise pays top dollar to pro scouts. The point is this is the reality of the league. My dream season has always been every team finishing 8-8. Wouldn't that just be the best? Could happen. I am totally discouraged by the hard cap, and I do believe that is an actual factor as to why the league is taking hits on ratings. Along with the concussions hype and the kneeling crap.

That is the reality. What would we as fans rather have? A Brady situation? Yeah, me too. How do we do that? Introduce a top notch billionaire model to a QB that produces better than any QB in the history of the game?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Everyone bashed on lynch.....,let me put out a name,of a current young QB who fell flat on face and everyone called a bust after a bad rookie campaign....Goff. He was really bad last year but they let him ride for half a season on bench and threw him into fire.

Another young QB who had a great start to rookie season and kinda flamed out as year went on and is having an amazing season this year.....wentz

I mention these guys because they are true sophomores and had rocky starts and team stuck with them and it paid off. They were much more nfl ready then lynch but they are only QBs drafted ahead of him. If Goff was our QB last year everyone would have called him a bust and told Elway to look for a new QB or pull off blockbuster trade. My point is that lynch needs to get a fair shot to prove self and need live games to learn.
    I agree that the only way we'll find out for sure is to throw Lynch into the fire, but I also don't want to throw away a season with a Super Bowl-caliber defense to figure it out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I agree that the only way we'll find out for sure is to throw Lynch into the fire, but I also don't want to throw away a season with a Super Bowl-caliber defense to figure it out.
    Doing that with Siemian anyway. Pretty much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Doing that with Siemian anyway. Pretty much.
    He's still a better option than Lynch IMO.

Either way, we will find out a LOT over this tough stretch of upcoming games. If we come out of the next 4-5 games still around the division lead, stick with Trevor. If we fall on our face and go like 1-3, 1-4, I'd be ok with making the switch at that point.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The difference with Goff and Wentz is despite their first season struggles they still outplayed their competition in the offseason. Lynch had a chance to beat Siemian but failed to do so, that is the difference between him and Wentz and Goff. Even when you watched Goff and Wentz last year you could see they had far more talent than Lynch possesses.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The difference with Goff and Wentz is despite their first season struggles they still outplayed their competition in the offseason. Lynch had a chance to beat Siemian but failed to do so, that is the difference between him and Wentz and Goff. Even when you watched Goff and Wentz last year you could see they had far more talent than Lynch possesses.
    It is not the physicality of Lynch. It is the head case. I don't necessarily blame him, cause the pro game is very complicated. It is a matter of of being able to READ defenses and executing WITH POISE. Lynch has demonstrated that he has the ARM, but that is something anyone could see.

What he has shown is a complete lack of ability to embrace the nuance and complexity of the pro game.

I think I along with the rest of us that wanted Lynch to win the competition cause we don't want to see another first round QB bust, and knowing Siemian is a glorified backup at best, was to see Mccoy come in and formulate an offense that specifically fits the skills that Lynch has. Ala, what he did during that suck for Luck attempt in 2011 with Tebow. Talk about scrapping a play book and philosophy.

I was anticipating Mccoy designing a SIMPLISTIC offense for Lynch that would really bring out those skills. In other words, a spread offense. BTW, Siemian ran that type of offense at Northwestern, so that offense would not exactly be Chinese to him either. I was really looking forward to see what the offense would look like. Then when they drafted and brought in guys with speed like Mckenzie and Henderson, I really thought they were angling towards that.

Well, that is really not what they are doing. They under center again, and the fact is Lynch is not that guy. Hopefully it changes.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

They should be better. Goff and Wentz were the #1 and #2 picks of the NFL draft.

So, yeah. They have more talent than a 7th round pick, who wasn't even scouted by 1/2 the teams in the league.

This is no sophomore slump, this is a career slump, Trevor isn't good and the sooner people realize that we can move on.

It's important that you clush this SB talk, denver aint winning no bowl with Trevor dude, get over it. It's over. It's time to ride with lynch

No the problem is Trevor is good in practice because theres no hits, the coverage is vanilla and everything he.faces in real game's he wont face in practice. That's the one and only reason he looked better in practice. Similar to when it was Orton vs Tebow in practice, orton looked 40x better but in games he was garbage while Tebow led the team to wins.

He's still a better option than Lynch IMO.

Either way, we will find out a LOT over this tough stretch of upcoming games. If we come out of the next 4-5 games still around the division lead, stick with Trevor. If we fall on our face and go like 1-3, 1-4, I'd be ok with making the switch at that point.
    : we're better off losing with Trevor than losing with lynch:

Do you know how silly you sound?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Unfortunately Lynch scored an all time low on the wonderlick, hes too much of a dumbass for the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    No the problem is Trevor is good in practice because theres no hits, the coverage is vanilla and everything he.faces in real game's he wont face in practice. That's the one and only reason he looked better in practice. Similar to when it was Orton vs Tebow in practice, orton looked 40x better but in games he was garbage while Tebow led the team to wins.
    Im no Trevor fan but i have to ask you, where is Tebow now since you seem to think he was great? Yea, i thought so. lol

So what's Trevor excuse for not being able to read defense's since he's so smart? Many great quarterback also had a bad wonderlic score so who gives a shit? TheI test doesn't have anything to do with football. But og course you don't know that. Half way fans..... Smh

Im no Trevor fan but i have to ask you, where is Tebow now since you seem to think he was great? Yea, i thought so. lol
    He wasn't great, he was better than orton though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information