Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Did MJ ever play without a great supporting cast?
    Yes, in triple A.

Well, there was also the time Orlando Woolridge and Charles Oakley were the two best players around him. That’s when he would hang 63 in a game and still get bounced in the first round.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    How is the even a debate, lol.

Who's going to guard Durant? Malone? Hahahahahahaha. Hornacek? That's funny. Russel? Nope, couldn't guard Jordan and Jordan couldn't shoot 3s. Stockton? Uh, no. Ostergard? LMAO.

And who do you put on Curry and Thompson? Stockton's quick enough, but he's 6-1. Hornacek? Nah. Nope.

It would be a rout.
    When you go back and rewatch the finals with the Jazz and the Bulls, the game was reffed completely differently. Right now the emphasis is on protecting the shooter. That's the exactly opposite of how 90's ball was played. It's like saying "well the Warriors would smoke the bad boy pistons." Go back and watch that series with the Bulls and Pistons and the Jordan Rules. Steph curry doesn't finish a series on the Jordan rules. Those hard NBA fouls that Jordan got back then are flagrants and ejections now.

Ironically, the teams best suited to playing in that era were LBJ's Heat teams. The same Heat teams that somehow with LBJ and Wade, two first ballot HoF generational players, and Bosh, as well as a stout veteran bench, were somehow outmached by the Spurs and Mavs? The Mavs, who had two star players. The Spurs, who while a great franchise are arguably not a dynasty because they couldn't win consecutive rings.

Meanwhile Jordan had this ungodly amount of talent around him even though his second best player (HoFer) was good for 18 points in his career, and the third best player was Rodman, a defensive god and limited on offense. And when it comes down to the benches LBJ's had, his benches sucked in his early years. And then once you get to Miami in his career his teams are stacked. This is the first year he didn't have a stacked team in a long, long, time.

Dealing in myths, man. It's sad times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The spacing is better today, the teams and players understand the 3-pointer better. Ok, so they don’t win by 30...they win by 15. Sorry, not a single one of those teams could match up against Kevin Durant and if they’re playing by the 1993 rules, no soft man, no zone, that’d be illegal. Who’s the man up defender that keeps Durant under 40?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i could have sworn there was a whole thread dedicated specifically to this stupid argument. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i could have sworn there was a whole thread dedicated specifically to this stupid argument. . .
    Why are you so averse to this discussion?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

LBJ and MJ were both easily the greatest of their respective eras.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I loved MJ as much as anyone, but if I'm putting together an NBA team and I can choose from any of the all time greats...my first pick is LeBron.

Can't wait to see him in Philly next year ;-)

Adopted Bronco:

good lord, draymond green is a ****in' goon. . . one minute in, he's already giving harden forearms to the throat after the play-- and then he complains when they call a foul. . . dude should be playing hockey, not basketball. . .

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    good lord, draymond green is a ****in' goon. . . one minute in, he's already giving harden forearms to the throat after the play-- and then he complains when they call a foul. . . dude should be playing hockey, not basketball. . .
    He already should have been kicked out.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

He already should have been kicked out.
    most definitely!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The warriors are a pretty easy team to root against.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Throw his ass out.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Throw his ass out.
    Dude is dirty. Bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The emperor (Houston) has no clothes.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information