Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2017-18

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Lol. I tried that with JJ. He went from Orlando to Minnesota to LA and now Philly.
    I was thinking maybe somebody good, like Harden or Giannis.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I was thinking maybe somebody good, like Harden or Giannis.
    Even some of the best players bounce around the league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

NBA needs to ban Stephanie’s mouth piece.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Milwaukee and Minnesota are two fun young and up and coming teams to watch as well if you want to get in on the next good teams early.
    Minn stole Wiggins.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    NBA needs to ban Stephanie’s mouth piece.
    Who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

When the Thunder look good, they look damn good. If these guys can really gel together, lookout.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Melo will poison it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good read on Antetokounmpo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/03/s...=top-news&_r=0

The Unspeakable Greatness of Giannis Antetokounmpo

MILWAUKEE — Michael Redd averaged 26.7 points per game at the height of his Milwaukee Bucks career. Redd earned a $91 million contract as a Buck, won an Olympic gold medal while a member of the Bucks and stood as the Bucks’ lone N.B.A. All-Star for a span exceeding a decade.

You could thus make the case that Redd, based on his résumé, knows better than anyone else in the basketball universe how it feels to be Giannis Antetokounmpo.

The problem: Redd couldn’t suppress a laugh when that idea was presented to him.

As he stood on the floor of the Bucks’ first home, in anticipation of watching the Antetokounmpo show at an arena unforgettably known as the Mecca, Redd made the claim that none of his predecessors — from this franchise or otherwise — could truly identify with the prodigy affectionately known as the Greek Freak.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Westbrook doesn’t have to put his head down and barrel into the lane this season. Oklahoma City has done a better job of spacing the floor, allowing him to take his time and penetrate with a purpose. The team went from 18th in the league in 3-point attempts and dead last in 3-point percentage to sixth in attempts and 18th in percentage. George (40.4 percent from 3 on 7.4 attempts per game) is a better shooter than Oladipo, while Carmelo (34.7 percent from 3 on seven attempts per game) is taking more than twice as many 3s as Taj Gibson and Domantas Sabonis, their starting 4s last season. The division of labor is clear. Westbrook attacks the lane then kicks the ball out to his two costars.

All the pieces fit together in a way they didn’t last season. The Thunder weren’t prepared for Kevin Durant to leave, and the team they put together was an ill-fitting collection of parts. They made two in-season trades and had 19 different players in the rotation over the course of the season. The plan was to give Westbrook the ball and hope for the best. Great players can change the way they play to adapt to the personnel around them. The job description of the best player on a team that can’t score or space the floor is much different than one on a team overflowing with perimeter firepower. Westbrook didn’t play point guard at UCLA, and he has gradually learned how to play the position over the course of his NBA career. His MVP season was a one-year detour on his learning curve toward becoming a complete player.
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/1...armelo-anthony

Nice piece on the new Thunder roster.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/1...armelo-anthony

Nice piece on the new Thunder roster.
    Your Thunder is going down tonight! Get ready to see some young future superstars in Jaylon Brown and Jason Tatum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Your Thunder is going down tonight! Get ready to see some young future superstars in Jaylon Brown and Jason Tatum.
    I'm excited to see a good game! Surprised how well you guys have handled the loss of Hayward.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

What in the world is going on in the NBA this season? I don't generally go crazy complaining about officiating, but it seems like we've stepped into bizarro world this past week:

This absurdity:

On the heels of this questionable call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDkMtxdbC8">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDkMtxdbC8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="385">

I only have time to keep up with the Thunder, are similar flagrant fouls being dished out to other teams when their shooters are being fouled, or is it just the Thunder operating in this up is now down world?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The second video isn't linking, but I assume its the Melo elbow.

Awful calls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The second video isn't linking, but I assume its the Melo elbow.

Awful calls.
    Yes, it's the Melo call.

After that call on Westbrook last night, I had to struggle mightily not to turn the game off. It just doesn't even make sense. I can't even begin to assimilate it with reality.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Yes, it's the Melo call.

After that call on Westbrook last night, I had to struggle mightily not to turn the game off. It just doesn't even make sense. I can't even begin to assimilate it with reality.
    They play the Celtics tonight, don't they?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information