Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Abe, you know I love you, right?
    Not as much as I hate KD!

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Not as much as I hate KD!
    You should hate your awful GM. He lost KD, Harden, and Oladipo. He kept a stat stuffing selfish douche who boxes his teammates out for rebounds and who shoots five too many deep jumpers a game.

When Paul George leaves you can add another superstar to that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I found NBA 2k13 in a box the other day, so I put it in and played it for a bit.

Such a shame that roster didn't stick together or win a title.

I found NBA 2k13 in a box the other day, so I put it in and played it for a bit.

Such a shame that roster didn't stick together or win a title.
    Probably the most talented team that didn't win it all.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

With the 2017-2018 Broncos right behind em!

With the 2017-2018 Broncos right behind em!
    So much talent was squandered!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I got yelled at pretty thoroughly for saying this at the time...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I got yelled at pretty thoroughly for saying this at the time...
    Three future MVPS...or had Durant won his MVP that year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Some Simple Rating System (bask-ref) numbers to mull over:

Yes, the Eastern Conference in the years in which LeBron's teams have been to the finals (8 teams vs. Jordan's 6) has not been as good:
    Average of LeBron's teams' opponents in the Eastern Conference: 1.85
    Jordan's: 2.85.

The average of the team's faced in the conference semifinals:
    Jordan's Bulls: 5.25
    LeBron's teams: 3.82

But...the strength of LeBron's teams was also not nearly as great as Jordan's:
    LeBon's team's: 4.92
    Jordan's: 9.10

So the margin for Jordan's teams vs. their opponents (6.24) was far greater than the difference between's LeBron's teams and their opponents (3.08).

In the finals, LeBron has faced much harder competition (teams averaged 8.20 SRS) vs. Jordan's (team's averaged 6.84).

The best team Jordan faced in the Finals was the Jazz in his second to last year (SRS 7.97, Jordan's team that year had an SRS of 10.7).

The best team's LeBron has faced? All three times the Cavs faced the Warriors, they had an SRS over 10 (10.01, 10.38, 11.35, in consecutive years), and the worst team LeBron's team saw in the finals was the Mavs (4.41). LeBron's team has only had a better SRS than its opponent in the Finals twice in eight times. Jordan's team was by far the best team in the finals all six times. All of Jordan's teams opponents were under an 8 SRS rating. LeBron's teams have faced five teams with SRS greater than 8 in the Finals.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The Jazz were as good as any team LBJ played. LBJ also had super teams from his start in Miami until this year. We are overly impressed with LBJ's ability to get to the finals in the EC.

That is all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Jazz were as good as any team LBJ played.
    Not even close.

Not even close.
    Best assist man ever. Leading scorer of all-time. The best team LBJ ran into during the East were the Celtics. Jordan played against the Pistons bad boys teams. Celebrating beating up on the weak conference and then giving a total pass to LBJ in the finals seems to be the mode the fans are moving too. There should be less celebration of beating up on the East and less of a pass from the LBJ fans for the finals record and more of a break from his detractors.

That is all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not even close.
    Maybe the Mavs but that would be about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Some Simple Rating System (bask-ref) numbers to mull over:

Yes, the Eastern Conference in the years in which LeBron's teams have been to the finals (8 teams vs. Jordan's 6) has not been as good:
    Average of LeBron's teams' opponents in the Eastern Conference: 1.85
    Jordan's: 2.85.

The average of the team's faced in the conference semifinals:
    Jordan's Bulls: 5.25
    LeBron's teams: 3.82

But...the strength of LeBron's teams was also not nearly as great as Jordan's:
    LeBon's team's: 4.92
    Jordan's: 9.10

So the margin for Jordan's teams vs. their opponents (6.24) was far greater than the difference between's LeBron's teams and their opponents (3.08).

In the finals, LeBron has faced much harder competition (teams averaged 8.20 SRS) vs. Jordan's (team's averaged 6.84).

The best team Jordan faced in the Finals was the Jazz in his second to last year (SRS 7.97, Jordan's team that year had an SRS of 10.7).

The best team's LeBron has faced? All three times the Cavs faced the Warriors, they had an SRS over 10 (10.01, 10.38, 11.35, in consecutive years), and the worst team LeBron's team saw in the finals was the Mavs (4.41). LeBron's team has only had a better SRS than its opponent in the Finals twice in eight times. Jordan's team was by far the best team in the finals all six times. All of Jordan's teams opponents were under an 8 SRS rating. LeBron's teams have faced five teams with SRS greater than 8 in the Finals.
    I'm sold.

18. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Maybe the Mavs but that would be about it.
    The Golden State team from the last three years would sweep the Jazz and win by 30 in every game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information