Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: So... How Short is Siemian’s Leash?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I don't think a single person actually thinks we will get luck. It's all a fantasy.

The funny part isn't the wishful thinking, it's that somehow we don't need him, because we have just as good a quarterback in Siemian.
    Luck would probably get hurt again playing behind this oline.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Or his own line...

3. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have a ton of respect for Luck and would take him over any other QB in the league.
    I think the Colts agree with you. They will never deal him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Indy's line is worse.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Indy's line is worse.
    Yes. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Holy smokes.... 8.9 rating.....

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Sigh, people just cant slow down and even think about the time it has taken many QB's to become quality. And i dont give a hoot if TS is that guy or not, it just cant be a revolving door, at some point the growing pains are going to have to be accepted....
    Exactly, lynch should be given at least 10-11 game's this season and then next season before we just move on. Like one mentioned people around here would have screamed and cried for jared Goff to be canned after his debut and here he is leading the best team in his division and much much more improved. Lynch deserves his time, you have to find out for sure if he is or isn't and people thinking that seeing one game is The end all be all are idiot's. Well never have a quarterback with that way of looking at shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Sigh, people just cant slow down and even think about the time it has taken many QB's to become quality. And i dont give a hoot if TS is that guy or not, it just cant be a revolving door, at some point the growing pains are going to have to be accepted....
    Exactly, lynch should be given at least 10-11 game's this season and then next season before we just move on. Like one mentioned people around here would have screamed and cried for jared Goff to be canned after his debut and here he is leading the best team in his division and much much more improved. Lynch deserves his time, you have to find out for sure if he is or isn't and people thinking that seeing one game is The end all be all are idiot's. Well never have a quarterback with that way of looking at shit.
    the difference is golf deserved by everybody's analysis to be a first-round pick. Paxton Lynch was one of those reaches for quarterbacks that always happens every year way too early in the draft. Tons of physical potential. And obviously be on the lack of NFL football knowledge the guy may not have what it takes mentally to make it happen at the NFL level. If Kelly had not been hurt. He's a first or second round pick and you tossed out the character concerns the last issue that he had running onto the field to protect his little brother doesn't bother me at all. When you talk to his coaches from college in his Junior and Senior year the guy was a totally different person. I love the fire that he brings he's extremely accurate. He's a gunslinger. He's a very good athlete. And we got to love the fact that he's got a cannon for an arm because hey we all love it when we had a quarterback who had a missile launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    the difference is golf deserved by everybody's analysis to be a first-round pick. Paxton Lynch was one of those reaches for quarterbacks that always happens every year way too early in the draft. Tons of physical potential. And obviously be on the lack of NFL football knowledge the guy may not have what it takes mentally to make it happen at the NFL level. If Kelly had not been hurt. He's a first or second round pick and you tossed out the character concerns the last issue that he had running onto the field to protect his little brother doesn't bother me at all. When you talk to his coaches from college in his Junior and Senior year the guy was a totally different person. I love the fire that he brings he's extremely accurate. He's a gunslinger. He's a very good athlete. And we got to love the fact that he's got a cannon for an arm because hey we all love it when we had a quarterback who had a missile launcher.
    Paxton lynch wasn't a reach, what the he'll are you talking about? He wa projected as a mid to late first rounder whoI would need a 2 to 3 years just to get the crap gimmick offense oit of his system and learn the nfl, and that's where he went in the second half of the first round. Jared goff was horrible in his guest appearance his rookie year and like I said if you judge him the way you judge lynch many here would be looking dumb as hell of course.

Bottom line is lynch deserves the rest of this year and next year so we can see what we got. We already know what we have in Trevor and it's a poor starting quarterback who will be best served as a back up helping another quarterback whose the starter.

Chad Kelly will have his chance to compete for the job next off season. He has Favre like talent too me.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Paxton lynch wasn't a reach, what the he'll are you talking about? He wa projected as a mid to late first rounder whoI would need a 2 to 3 years just to get the crap gimmick offense oit of his system and learn the nfl, and that's where he went in the second half of the first round. Jared goff was horrible in his guest appearance his rookie year and like I said if you judge him the way you judge lynch many here would be looking dumb as hell of course.

Bottom line is lynch deserves the rest of this year and next year so we can see what we got. We already know what we have in Trevor and it's a poor starting quarterback who will be best served as a back up helping another quarterback whose the starter.
    On 104.3 The Fan, Sandy Clough seems to disagree with the fact that Lynch should be the starter soon because we have already seen what he can do. I disagree. Lynch has had limited time, while Siemian has had a year and a half to show that he isn't anymore than a second-stringer.

I think that Lynch needs to be in by the Pats game (that seems to be when he will be healthy), and he needs to stay in there for several weeks. If he is OK, let him stay in the rest of the year, cut Siemian and OZ, and have him and Kelly compete for the job next year. If Lynch is bad in his first four or five starts, put OZ in there the rest of the year, cut Lynch and OZ, keep Siemian, and anoint Kelly the #1 QB for 2018 (while drafting a rookie in Rounds 2 or 3).

14. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Lynch has played in 2 1/2 real games. Of those, he’s 1 1/2-1. Hardly enough for me to call him a bust. Throw him to the wolves and let him sink or swim but don’t just give up based on 2 1/2 real games and some preseason time. Siemien didn’t look overly good in the preseason this year either, just a little more polished than Lynch. We won’t know for sure unless he gets real reps in real games. The fact that they haven’t tried to trade him, haven’t cut him, and haven’t IR’d him means someone in the FO thinks he’s still got a chance to be our guy.

All I can say is, if I’m Jim Kelly, I’m in Chad’s ear telling him to take a hard look at the shittastic QB situation around him. If the dude learns the playbook and works hard, the door is wide open for him to take this job for the long haul. He has the talent. He needs the attitude and work ethic. This is the prime opening for him to show out, even if he never suits up one game this year.

I think Elway is dying for someone to step up and take the damned job. I don’t think Elway is impressed with any of the top 3 right now. One is trying hard and failing, the other two are just collecting a paycheck.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Really hope he is either in a dry spell and can rebound or that the Broncos may have to look in the 2018 draft. Do not know if Lynch is the answer.
    May Day and Spring Fever!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

meh! if lynch can't earn his way onto the field, then he doesn't deserve to be given anything. . . if two different coaching staffs deemed him not ready to be put out there, they're probably not wrong. . . fans may want to "see what he can do," but if the coaches are seeing him not put in the work he needs to, maybe they DON'T need to see any more from him. . . that's just speculation, obviously-- maybe he's just dumb as a box of rocks. . . seriously though, he's failed twice to beat out trevor- who looks like complete junk right now. . . better arm or not, that doesn't give me much hope that he'll magically turn it on when real bullets are flying. . .

perhaps we'll see, but i highly doubt they put him in unless we're eliminated. . .

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    meh! if lynch can't earn his way onto the field, then he doesn't deserve to be given anything. . . if two different coaching staffs deemed him not ready to be put out there, they're probably not wrong. . . fans may want to "see what he can do," but if the coaches are seeing him not put in the work he needs to, maybe they DON'T need to see any more from him. . . that's just speculation, obviously-- maybe he's just dumb as a box of rocks. . . seriously though, he's failed twice to beat out trevor- who looks like complete junk right now. . . better arm or not, that doesn't give me much hope that he'll magically turn it on when real bullets are flying. . .

perhaps we'll see, but i highly doubt they put him in unless we're eliminated. . .
    It's not that he wasnt ready to be in there, it's that we have oje of the all time great practicers ever in Trevor, not a gamer but a practicer, just like Kyle Orton was. It's hard for a raw pup to outshine a practice goat! Trevor is just awesome in shorts and helmets with zero pressure, zero hits, vanilla defense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information