Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: So... How Short is Siemian’s Leash?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    This thread is full of over reaction and utter nonsense.

Trades mid season, kid with no reps, Kid who has had reps but looks more lost then the kid starting, To Tall Os.

Its not as bad as most want to make it, but not as good as it should be.
    I agree. All of that is nonsense when Tebow is still available. Did I mention that as an option yet?

2. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Joe said Siemiens leash is 7 inches and tastes like rainbows

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I have to confess, when Brock came in the other day I was hoping he would finish the game.
    He looked like his same goofy uncoordinated self out there though. Like even when completed a pass it was as awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Pretty much 100% this. Trotting out Kelly this year would be 100% idiocy. There is as good of a chance as us signing and starting Tebow this year as us benching a healthy TS for Kelly.

And it would (or should at least) definitely be Oz to come in if we were to bench TS. Lynch just ain't ready and bringing him in would basically be punting this season. Oz has experience in this system, has played with DT/Sanders/CJ/Green, and has shown he can be competent as a member of the Broncos at least. He is the only other viable option to start for us any time soon if a switch were to be made.

I'll say this again though, the top of the NFL is weak this year. Any of 15 teams could probably get hot and win a title this year. I'm not in favor of punting this season just to "see what we have" whatsoever. We still have a defense good enough to get hot and win a title like in 15. It would be a shame to throw that away just to throw other QBs against the wall and see what sticks.

TS sucks, but he's probably the best of a bunch of bad options right now.
    It seems strange there could be fans who doubt this. Obviously Chad Kelly is an intriguing college QB who has never even participated in a training camp or practice, let alone a regular season NFL game. Putting him in would only to watch him be devoured Chocolate covered Funyums be totally insane.

Obviously we've seen Paxton fail. We saw Brock fail in Houston and get run out of Cleveland. Just because Trevor isn't any good doesn't mean these QBs aren't worse!

It's just a failure of imagination to think things couldn't get instantly worse with one of those QBs in there. Trevor at least has had some decent performances. But, Osweiler has MORE experience than Trevor and he's gotten worse and worse as his career continues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    This thread is full of over reaction and utter nonsense.

Trades mid season, kid with no reps, Kid who has had reps but looks more lost then the kid starting, To Tall Os.

Its not as bad as most want to make it, but not as good as it should be.
    I can't improve on this
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I just want to clarify: I wasnt pining to throw Kelly in games THIS SEASON. I am talking about an option in 2018 and beyond. Because if Trevor isn't the guy just see if its a viable option for the future.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I thought Ward was more of a 2017 cash thing.

I think his presence is desperately missed and this 2017 defense is a shell in large part because of the leadership and continuity void. Plus Simmons ain't yet NFZ and might never be. As good as he is claimed to be. Might even be better than Ward but the chemistry ain't right.
    how is this defense a shell of its former self

in 2015 the passing defense gave up 199.6 ypg
    in 2016 the passing defense gave up 185.8 ypg
    in 2017 the passing defense is giving up 191.6 ypg

2016 /2015 the passing defense average 192 yards per game...so how is 191 ypg a shell ?

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    how is this defense a shell of its former self

in 2015 the passing defense gave up 199.6 ypg
    in 2016 the passing defense gave up 185.8 ypg
    in 2017 the passing defense is giving up 191.6 ypg

2016 /2015 the passing defense average 192 yards per game...so how is 191 ypg a shell ?
    I think he was referring to the fact that defense this year is ranked in the lower half of the league in sacks and turnovers. Which is true, but when the defense is ranked number 1 in the league, it can hardly be a shell. It more than just a little effective.

The sobering fact is we need to accept the notion that Siemian is the best QB on the roster. Can we have unrealistic hope that Lynch will have a wonderful transformation into something he has not been? Well we are fans, and that is what we do.

Kelly is not going to be it either. It's Siemian. Yeah, Siemian.

13. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I just want to clarify: I wasnt pining to throw Kelly in games THIS SEASON. I am talking about an option in 2018 and beyond. Because if Trevor isn't the guy just see if its a viable option for the future.
    Obviously they have Kelly under contract, so they can take a look at him in 2018. Whether there is a starting competition or not depends on s:

1. Whether Trevor comes around and starts looking like a long-term starter, unlike today.
    2. IF Trevor flames out, whether Elway decides to go get a veteran QB or go with Paxton, Osweiler and Kelly and possibly a draft pick.
    3. IF Trevor flames out, and the Broncos decide to go all in on a FA QB like Kirk Cousins then they probably keep Kelly and Paxton cause they're cheap as backups. But, obviously they wouldn't be paying Kirk Cousins $25M and have a competition, not that Brock, Paxton and Chad could possibly win such a competition.

The argument in favour of that course would be that the defense is ageing and they're only going to have Aqib Talib for so long. Over the next couple years the defense is likely to decline - so if you want to capitalize on the great defense before the SB window closes, then a rookie is useless.

IF they either draft a rookie QB or go to Chad Kelly or Paxton, it will take too long for that QB to develop, like about 3 years which means your QB is SB ready sometime in 2020 or so. Much too late.

That's why they were interested in Tony Romo (for the right price), and why they might be interested in a veteran QB next season.

I don't think the Broncos QB of the future is currently on the roster at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Obviously they have Kelly under contract, so they can take a look at him in 2018. Whether there is a starting competition or not depends on s:

1. Whether Trevor comes around and starts looking like a long-term starter, unlike today.
    2. IF Trevor flames out, whether Elway decides to go get a veteran QB or go with Paxton, Osweiler and Kelly and possibly a draft pick.
    3. IF Trevor flames out, and the Broncos decide to go all in on a FA QB like Kirk Cousins then they probably keep Kelly and Paxton cause they're cheap as backups. But, obviously they wouldn't be paying Kirk Cousins $25M and have a competition, not that Brock, Paxton and Chad could possibly win such a competition.

The argument in favour of that course would be that the defense is ageing and they're only going to have Aqib Talib for so long. Over the next couple years the defense is likely to decline - so if you want to capitalize on the great defense before the SB window closes, then a rookie is useless.

IF they either draft a rookie QB or go to Chad Kelly or Paxton, it will take too long for that QB to develop, like about 3 years which means your QB is SB ready sometime in 2020 or so. Much too late.

That's why they were interested in Tony Romo (for the right price), and why they might be interested in a veteran QB next season.

I don't think the Broncos QB of the future is currently on the roster at all.
    I agree with the Lynch take. Too bad they couldn't find a suitor for a trade.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The lack of sacks and turnovers on defense is a good point. It's great to be #1 in yards, but with our limited offense, we really need the defense to either score themselves or at least give us really short fields to work with. We had a lot of that in 2015, not so much this year.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Shane Ray should make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The lack of sacks and turnovers on defense is a good point. It's great to be #1 in yards, but with our limited offense, we really need the defense to either score themselves or at least give us really short fields to work with. We had a lot of that in 2015, not so much this year.
    The sacks and turnovers go hand in hand, if we start getting to the QB better, the QB starts making stupid decisions. Hopefully Shane Ray will be the kick in the nuts this team needs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I can't say this enough, I blame the coaches more than the players. Awful game plan against the Giants. We have a rookie HC, and a rookie DC..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No one is outbidding SF for him.
    Probably not. But, does he want to play for SF and go 6-10? I suppose so if they offer him $30M which could happen. I think Elway will kick the tires on Cousins, but I don't think the Broncos will be the highest bidder.

Players would take less money to come and play with Peyton, but they aren't willing to take less to come here now. This offseason Elway tried to talk Calais Campbell into coming here for about $2M less a year than Jacksonville offered. Campbell politely refused. And that is going to be the future - guys want to be paid.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information