Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: So... How Short is Siemian’s Leash?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I hope our fearless leader is okay. Someone should go to Arkansas and check on him.
    I'm good. Just got reminded how intense, and even emotional, Broncos QB discussions get. Since I love discussing/debating, QB controversies are fun for me, but I realize that for others not so much, so I've stepped back a bit.

Also, took a week off from work for my 25th anniversary and went up to Branson with the wife.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Well, yeah. But not during any games this season. Next camp will be interesting.
    Thank you for spelling it out for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm good. Just got reminded how intense, and even emotional, Broncos QB discussions get. Since I love discussing/debating, QB controversies are fun for me, but I realize that for others not so much, so I've stepped back a bit.

Also, took a week off from work for my 25th anniversary and went up to Branson with the wife.
    congrats buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean why not, is what we've got so exciting that we can't look at other options?
    Well, honestly, if you all cant handle a guy in his 2nd year starting, there really should be NO WAY you can handle a guy who has been on the IR since he was drafted.

Not trying to be a dick here, but i cant see patience for this move either. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Well, honestly, if you all cant handle a guy in his 2nd year starting, there really should be NO WAY you can handle a guy who has been on the IR since he was drafted.

Not trying to be a dick here, but i cant see patience for this move either. Just my 2 cents.
    Who cares if he's been on IR since drafting, he's got a stronger pedigree and actually has potential to be our QBOFT. Before his injury and off the field issues, he was widely regarded as a top QB and first round prospect. Trevor's show some flashes, but he's clearly regressing, if it's glaringly obvious he's not the long term answer, why the hell should we continue to drag this out further?

If we're going to suck this year, I'd rather we suck testing out someone like Kelly than continue the downward spiral. At least if Kelly hasn't shown growth by the end of the year we can draft a QB next year to groom to compete with Kelly and Paxton next year.

Who cares if he's been on IR since drafting, he's got a stronger pedigree and actually has potential to be our QBOFT. Before his injury and off the field issues, he was widely regarded as a top QB and first round prospect. Trevor's show some flashes, but he's clearly regressing, if it's glaringly obvious he's not the long term answer, why the hell should we continue to drag this out further?

If we're going to suck this year, I'd rather we suck testing out someone like Kelly than continue the downward spiral. At least if Kelly hasn't shown growth by the end of the year we can draft a QB next year to groom to compete with Kelly and Paxton next year.
    Kelley hasn’t even had a training camp yet, so he really isn’t a viable option to see on the field this regular-season

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I'd rather roll with Siemian/Oz this year than throw Kelly into the fire mid way through a season. He deserves a fair chance just like anyone else. It could be detrimental to his development if he gets thrown in mid way through a season and plays horribly.

If we're to make a QB chance, would rather it be Oz. FO likes him for a reason, and he's familiar with McCoy's offense. It atleast gives a fighting chance to succeed this season.

Nothing stopping this team from drafting another QB in 2018's draft. I would draft a QB in every year's draft IMO. It's clear that you can find a diamond in the late rounds.

Also should keep in mind how many good QB's needed a couple years to figure things out before they really took off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Put it this way, I am glad I never pulled the trigger on a #13 jersey

I care.

I think it would be a complete mistake to even consider sending the kid, who has issues with maturity anyway, into a shit show situation such as replacing a current starter with a guy who has no reps at all.

I get it, your upset about what we are seeing. But this would be worse by far, and I cant believe your being fully honest with yourself about how you would feel with a true rookie who had no camp and or reps in this offense taking the field. If thats the case, just play Lynch. He will be a shit show too, and give Kelly at least a chance to get a feel for being a pro....

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I came very close to buying one for the Game vs KC in KC...I would rather wear my champ jersey at this point. My buddy is trying to convince me that I'd be smarter not to wear a jersey at all, but I'm going to support my team. Screw those worthless KC fans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I just wear my Lynch jersey. I think that sends an appropriately mixed message.

15. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I just wear my Lynch jersey. I think that sends an appropriately mixed message.
    I could wear a John Lynch jersey and that would really muddy the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Kelley hasn’t even had a training camp yet, so he really isn’t a viable option to see on the field this regular-season
    You would think this would be obvious to even the most blind mole. Apparently it isn't because we see all these posts on it. Oh, well. Chad Kelly is another in a long string of strong-armed QBs of the type that seem to enthrall the fans and sports-writers. But, he's hopelessly raw. Maybe he will become a starting QB for some time, but the odds are against it.

For one thing, the very thing that fans seem to love "he's a gun-slinger" is against him. NFL coaches HATE "gun-slingers." They want QBs like Trevor who do what they are told. Throw to the check-down and if it's not open on 3rd and 7 toss it out of bounds and punt. Do NOT run around and "try and make something happen" because usually what happens is bad. Of course, nobody likes what Trevor is doing now: throwing picks, but I don't think there's much room in the NFL any more for a QB who relies on his arm strength to gun it in there.

That is not my attitude. That is the incredibly anal, fear-obsessed NFL coaching fraternity. They have good reason for not taking risks, the stats show that turnovers will kill you quickly.

Probably for Kelly to have any chance he'd have to totally re-invent himself into the kind of QB coaches love. Conservative. Safe. Predictable. Goes through his progressions and takes the safe play.

Notice that the Panthers tried to do this to Cam Newton last year. They tried to make him a pocket-passer. He was bad at it. And this was the NFL MVP of 2015 they tried to put in this straight jacket.

I'm not even going to bother to criticize it. It seems to work. It's just boring as hell.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Probably because you've pulled too many "triggers".

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    I care.

I think it would be a complete mistake to even consider sending the kid, who has issues with maturity anyway, into a shit show situation such as replacing a current starter with a guy who has no reps at all.

I get it, your upset about what we are seeing. But this would be worse by far, and I cant believe your being fully honest with yourself about how you would feel with a true rookie who had no camp and or reps in this offense taking the field. If thats the case, just play Lynch. He will be a shit show too, and give Kelly at least a chance to get a feel for being a pro....
    If Trevor continues to spiral out of control, they will eventually put in . . . Brock Osweiler. Chad Kelly will get his chance in OTAs in 2018 and not before. Paxton seems to be headed for IR or at least he's taking up a roster spot in the fear that Trevor might be hurt and they'd need a backup, no matter how unready he is.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information