Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 7 (Chargers week)

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Stephenson suffered a lower calf injury in practice yesterday. Allen Barbre will start at RT. Broncos to make a roster move tomorrow.
    IMO this is one of those rare things where an injury actually helps a situation. Barbre will be good at RT and Garcia while not a great guard will be fine being the full time starter there.

This is an improvement IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    IMO this is one of those rare things where an injury actually helps a situation. Barbre will be good at RT and Garcia while not a great guard will be fine being the full time starter there.

From your keyboard to God's ears...

3. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Theoretically, yes. As in, they were dumb enough to want to start Stephenson over Barbre at RT, but now they have no choice. However, who is our backup OT? We're suddenly very thin there.

5. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

This might answer that question:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 15m15 minutes ago

League source: Broncos intend to call up OT Elijah Wilkinson from practice squad tomorrow. #9sports

7. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Theoretically, yes. As in, they were dumb enough to want to start Stephenson over Barbre at RT, but now they have no choice. However, who is our backup OT? We're suddenly very thin there.
    I get that aspect of it, I'm guessing we'll pull up a practice squad player. Hopefully Barbre does so well in the position that they don't decide to go back to Stephenson when he's healthy again and just leave him there for depth.

This might answer that question:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 15m15 minutes ago

League source: Broncos intend to call up OT Elijah Wilkinson from practice squad tomorrow. #9sports
    Posted my other reply before reading this. I kinda figured this would be the route we'd take.

Wowza, Barbre to RT and that means unless I'm missing someone, McGovern and Wilkerson will be the only backups.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

BDB moving up from the practice squad is what my sources are telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Wowza, Barbre to RT and that means unless I'm missing someone, McGovern and Wilkerson will be the only backups.
    Yeah, I believe that's correct. Watson and Stephenson out, Turner to IR, just since last week.

If the QB was better I'd say Denver needs to make a trade for another tackle but I don't think it'll change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If the QB was better I'd say Denver needs to make a trade for another tackle but I don't think it'll change much.
    Rumor has it that we're talking to the Bills about trading for a RT

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos inside linebacker Corey Nelson to be placed on IR; O-line depleted

Broncos linebacker Corey Nelson suffered a bicep tear near his elbow during practice Wednesday and will be placed on season-ending injured reserve, according to NFL sources.

Nelson will have surgery next week, Broncos coach Vance Joseph said.

“Corey’s had a great year, both on defense and special teams,” Joseph said. “That’s a big loss for us, but it happens.”

Nelson’s injury, which leaves the Broncos without one of their top special teams players, was on a long list for Denver heading into its game at the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday afternoon.

The Broncos will also be without right tackles Menelik Watson (calf) and Donald Stephenson (calf) and wide receivers Cody Latimer (knee), Isaiah McKenzie (ankle) and Emmanuel Sanders (ankle).

To fill Nelson’s spot on the roster, the Broncos will sign inside linebacker Jerrol Garcia-Williams from the team’s practice squad, Joseph said Friday. Joseph added that the Broncos will likely add an offensive lineman from the practice squad. Offensive tackle Elijah Wilkinson and center Dillon Day are the two linemen available.

The Broncos are without three players who can play offensive tackle. Watson is considered day-to-day and Stephenson is week-to-week and could miss more than Sunday’s game. Swing tackle Billy Turner suffered a fractured hand in the loss to the Giants on Sunday and has been placed on injured reserve. That leaves veteran Allen Barbre, who has spent most of the season at left guard, as the starting right tackle for Sunday’s game.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/20...-elbow-injury/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

My little girl asked if she could come with me to the ER Ale House to watch the game, and she wants to wear my McCaffery jersey....she usually likes to hang with Mom and my boys use to come with me. I got teary eyed.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Remember when we were healthy, like last week?
    "As a wiser fella than myself once said, sometimes you eat the baar, and, well, sometiems the baar, he eats you."

"Is that some sorta Eastern thing?"

"Far from it."

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    i say do eet anyway. . . we're still gonna need a competent right tackle at some point, regardless of who's under center. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 10-20-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    My little girl asked if she could come with me to the ER Ale House to watch the game, and she wants to wear my McCaffery jersey....she usually likes to hang with Mom and my boys use to come with me. I got teary eyed.
    yea buddy!

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information