Thread: How the Giants pulled off an upset of the Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default How the Giants pulled off an upset of the Broncos

DENVER -- Coach Ben McAdoo was right. Nobody gave his New York Giants a chance on Sunday night.

The Giants were 13.5-point underdogs to the Denver Broncos. They opened the week as nine-point underdogs and, as player after player was ruled out by injury, the doubt only increased. There was no way they were going into Denver for a prime-time game without their top three wide receivers and seven starters and leave with a victory.

Wrong. That’s why they play the games. The Giants stunned the Broncos 23-10 for their first victory of the season.

“Even my friends had no belief that we would get this done,” said tight end Evan Engram, who accounted for 82 of the Giants’ 128 receiving yards.

But they won. The Giants (1-5) are no longer in the same winless category as the San Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns.

How they did it ...
    rest - interesting - http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-gi...of-the-broncos

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

To me it is rather simple. The giants did rush the ball according to the stats very well. Of course a lot of those yards were on a few runs. 47 yarder for instance.

The Broncos dominated the game statistically.
    FINAL NFL: NYG 23 vs DEN 10 http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/400951782
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Giants did not have 300 yards of offense while the Broncos had over 400. Broncos 20 first downs to just 12 by the giants.

Turnovers and missed FGs. That to me is what it came down to. A pick 6 and missed FG chip shot.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 10-16-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

?!%$ that. It isn't what the Giants DID its what the Broncos DIDNT do. Big time coaching problem. This team appeared lifeless and leaderless. Almost EVERYONE was terrible, down to the kicker.

We think weve seen the worst? We'll see how Joseph REALLY is. They have a brutal stretch and things can really spiral out if control. Like 5-11 6-10 bad. If they quit on the Coach, its over.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

IMO, a lot of the blame falls on the coaches. Appears absolutely no in game or halftime adjustments. Local cbs4 did a poll after the game - Who deserves the most blame for the loss to the Giants? On the poll, the Coaches were #1.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    IMO, a lot of the blame falls on the coaches. Appears absolutely no in game or halftime adjustments. Local cbs4 did a poll after the game - Who deserves the most blame for the loss to the Giants? On the poll, the Coaches were #1.

coaches can only do so much

but did any of those guys polled actually watch trevor staring down his 1st read all night,

did they not watch him continue last years habit of drifting

TS was horrible and getting worse the last three weeks

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    To me it is rather simple. The giants did rush the ball according to the stats very well. Of course a lot of those yards were on a few runs. 47 yarder for instance.

Giants did not have 300 yards of offense while the Broncos had over 400. Broncos 20 first downs to just 12 by the giants.

Turnovers and missed FGs. That to me is what it came down to. A pick 6 and missed FG chip shot.
    Offense was not executing well. Cj not getting into end zone for example. Many opportunities squandered. Coaches can do so much but players need to execute.

Miller held in check by Pugh. Barrett almost invisible. But running plays were our LB were out of position (47 yard run).

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

The Broncos turned the ball over 3 times and failed to convert a 4th down. That's equal to FOUR turnovers. Turn the ball over 4 times and have zero take-aways and I don't know if a team has EVER won in NFL history. It's got to be less than a 1% chance of winning that game. In fact, the Broncos are 0-4 on 4th down this season.

The real problem is that everybody knows how to beat this team now. Just stuff the run and make Trevor throw it 50 times, and blitz him to generate added pressure. He'll make bad mistakes and throw the ball to the DB.

The answer to that is to run the ball effectively but we don't have the OL to do that in the face of tough run defense. Stuff the Broncos run and they can't score at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Yeah I'm not giving the Giants much credit to be honest. Nice pick 6 for sure, and nice use of your TE's and RB's but they didn't do anything mind blowing.

It was easily the most frustrating game next to the Bills in terms of shooting our selves in the foot. 2 INT's is gonna cost us the game, always.

I must be bad luck.. I've been to every Broncos loss this year. Time to keep my ass home.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information