Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: So i was told i was overreacting last night

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Could Andrew Luck be had at a bargain right now? His stock is low at the moment. Colts are already doing terrible this year and are probably going to pick in the top 5. Why wouldn't they stock pile draft picks and just rebuild?

Don't forget Elway really wanted Luck but he was out of reach. Yeah Luck has had some injuries but nothing he can't recover from. Take Mr. Irsay out for a night on the town and get him realllllly plastered then smuggle a trade for Luck.
    No, people don't trade young franchise quarterback with great character just because he's injured unless you give up the farm for him and even then it's unlikely.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    As much as I find your posting style insufferable, I have a hard time disagreeing.
    Lynch sucks but i doubt it would be much different than what we are seeing. I agree, give Lynch the start and then when he plummets we can go and draft a new one to start over with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    As bad as Trevor is Paxton is infinitely worse. Lynch is like a less enthusiastic version of Tebow.
    Lynch played with the starters in preseason. He ended up pooping his pants and shitting all over himself playing against a vanilla defense. He had a chance to beat out Siemian for the starting job this year, but he couldnt even beat him in PRACTICE of all things. If you cant even beat a guy out in practice what makes you think he can be better playing an actual game?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    should've known yash would be all amped up to see trevor play bad. . .
    Notice how he hasnt been around while Denver was winning? lol

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Could Andrew Luck be had at a bargain right now? His stock is low at the moment. Colts are already doing terrible this year and are probably going to pick in the top 5. Why wouldn't they stock pile draft picks and just rebuild?

Don't forget Elway really wanted Luck but he was out of reach. Yeah Luck has had some injuries but nothing he can't recover from. Take Mr. Irsay out for a night on the town and get him realllllly plastered then smuggle a trade for Luck.
    I agree. Luck could be traded IF he doesnt play the Season amd Indy had a Top 10 pick again.

Could lightning strike twice with Denver and Indy QBs?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Elway should deal Lynch to GB who is desperate for a QB now and push Kelly up.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I agree. Luck could be traded IF he doesnt play the Season amd Indy had a Top 10 pick again.

Could lightning strike twice with Denver and Indy QBs?
    Twice? More like thrice.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

should've known yash would be all amped up to see trevor play bad. . .
    It means he finally gets to come out of hiding and gloat about it.

I dont want to go through another 10 years of mediocrity. Win now dammit!
    We may not have a way around that, as much as it sucks to admit it. Finding a QB isn't an overnight thing and we need a QB to get past this slump we've fallen into the last two years. Unless we get lucky and find the right QB in the next draft, it could be a revolving door of QB's for a few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

i like teebs-- the kid's heart is in the right place. . .

punt protector is far from our biggest worry ATM, though. . .
    You're right, Brock and Lynch got this shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    You're right, Brock and Lynch got this shit.
    Here is the gloomy reality of the Broncos situation. Kelly, might very well be the guy that we need to hoping for. It is not Siemian, and it is not the giraffes. Ok? Osweiler is a bust and there is no sense talking about him, so we wont.

Trying to land another "Peyton Manning" in the form of overrated over priced injury prone Andrew Luck could happen. I could actually see it happening. However, let us consider a few things about that. There is more than one reason why it is so hard to put "a team around" these franchise QBs. In Luck's case it has a lot to do with the nearly 30mill per year.

Look at some of the QBs getting that type of money and see what happens AFTER they get those large contracts. Brees is paid 30 mill per year (something like that) and people wonder why their defense every year is horrible. When is the last time they have been to the play offs, let alone win it? Anyone know?

Flacco broke the bank of the Ravens after they won the SB and they have been really really ordinary since. They immediately had to get rid of 7 players to accommodate that contract.

Stafford was just paid, so we will be seeing how that will effect that franchise. Being as how they are always average to bad during the Stafford era, not sure it is going to be all that great.

Look at what happened with the Seahawks AFTER they paid Russell Wilson (along with others) AFTER their back to back SB appearances. All of a sudden they could not sign key players and they cannot field an OL to save their life.

Derek Carr was just paid big money and I am predicting the Raiders will be suffering for that in the near future. As it is right now, they are not living up to what they were supposed to be.

So, the question is would we as fans rather a championship caliber defense that proved can win it, or would we rather have an over priced unproven overrated QB that will make that defense diminish?

Would we rather hope for Chad Kelly? I am starting a Chad Kelly bandwagon. Cause quite frankly, I would take a championship defense over an over priced, overrated QB.

I still think Lynch's mom is doing a bang up job in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

16. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I still think Lynch's mom is doing a bang up job in this thread.
    Crushing it, really. By it I mean the joy.

Wait, there is no joy here.

idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Crushing it, really. By it I mean the joy.

Wait, there is no joy here.

idk

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

He looked so good against Dallas.
    Where has that QB gone?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information