Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: So i was told i was overreacting last night

Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That is true. It is not unusual for fans to have delusions of grandeur.

The fact is this team right now has the NUMBER ONE defense in the NFL as expected. We were all hoping that the Mccoy offense was going to have some magical answer for the 7th round back up in Siemian. He is frustrating, but he is what he is. Nothing more. He is a back up QB in this league imo. A quality back to be sure, and that for any organization is a valuable commodity.

Talk about delusions of grandeur. I also had them with Sloter. I think that was a mistake to get rid of him for Brock long legs Osweiler. I just have a problem with the notion that Osweiler was a known quantity. Meaning, we know what he is, and what he is, is not that good. Sloter on the other hand did show promise. I know it was against backups in preseason, but he also played WITH backups. I saw big league throws.

Anyway, just pissing in the wind with that. No point. Just have a feeling we will be regretting that move. Personally, I would still take a championship caliber DEFENSE over one HIGH PRICED QB that has proven that their salaries makes other aspects of the team suffer. With a defense like this one, they are in every game.
    The word out of Dove Valley when reporters sought out the coaches after they cut Sloter was that he looked totally raw in scrimmages against Denver's #1 team. In the pre-season teams are playing totally vanilla defense. You just run your offense exactly as it's drawn up with no adjustments, and the defense just lines up and plays without any attempt to scheme a way to stop you. Nobody wants to show anything.

So, if you have better athletes on offense (D.T. & Sanders) you can look pretty good. Against the #1 defense when they are trying to fool Sloter he got picked off. A lot.

Don't bother arguing with me about this. I don't really have an opinion. Sloter looked good to the casual fan during the pre-season. That's about it. The coaches were not nearly so impressed.

Simple question: Is the casual fan right? Probably not. Sloter was undrafted for a reason. This is the reason:
    Draft Projection Projected: Free Agent (not drafted)

Bottom Line Sloter is a transfer from Southern Miss who has gone from quarterback to receiver and back to quarterback. He has good size and a lively arm, but only has 320 career passing attempts under his belt. However, he flashed enough raw potential as a senior that he has garnered NFL attention and has an outside shot of sneaking into the final day. Sloter is a project that will almost certainly require a couple of years on a practice squad.
    A couple of decent games in the pre-season does not negate all that. You can watch the Vikings and see if Sloter ever turns out to be anything. I don't wish him ill. I liked him, but he's still a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Yeah, the problem with that is two years in a row under two different coaching staffs, Siemian beat him out. Legitimately. That is not saying something good about Siemian. That is an indictment on Lynch and his lack of adjusting to the pro game.

He reminds of me some typical Big XII QB that always put up big numbers in college and then it never translates to the NFL. I challenge anyone to tell me the last Big XII QB that made it in the NFL and please dont tell me Bradford.

I know Lynch was not a Big XII guy, but he reminds me of that. He looks lost when he plays. I fear right now this team really has no answers. Lynch, I can almost assure you, is not the answer.

Kelly? When he gets healthy?
    Beat him out in practice.... Where there's no pressure, no hits, no real coverages, Trevor should always look okay in practice, come gameday it's clear he's a liability. Lynch isn't the answer in your opinion bht the facts and proof on the field says Trevor is definitely not the answer. Nobody cares how you look in shorts at practice where Trevor excels. The only reason Trevor won is because he was more consistent in practice than lynch was, now that the coscbes knows it means absolutely nothing lynch will get his turn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    In a row? What part of "mediocre" do you not understand? Mediocre means that he will have a good game, then a bad game, then a mediocre game, then a good game, and everybody will get over-excited "he looks like he's finally figuring it out!" Only he isn't. Because then he'll put up 2 stinkers in a row.

Up and down. That's mediocre. Now, if he just starts getting worse and worse, after a couple more games, then fine. Bench him. But, we're not remotely there yet. He just had a really bad game. But, not as bad as Ben Roethlisberger who threw 5 picks a week ago. Sometimes that happens to a LOT better QBs than Trevor Siemian!
    Trevor hasn't had 3 good game's in a single season ever. So what are you talking about? Trevor is trash.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As bad as Trevor is Paxton is infinitely worse. Lynch is like a less enthusiastic version of Tebow.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Beat him out in practice.... Where there's no pressure, no hits, no real coverages, Trevor should always look okay in practice, come gameday it's clear he's a liability. Lynch isn't the answer in your opinion bht the facts and proof on the field says Trevor is definitely not the answer. Nobody cares how you look in shorts at practice where Trevor excels. The only reason Trevor won is because he was more consistent in practice than lynch was, now that the coscbes knows it means absolutely nothing lynch will get his turn
    Hope you are right. Just that I didn't see anything from Lynch in game conditions either.

Nobody did.

You should also be aware that he was given every benefit of every doubt to make it as starter.

We are all hoping you are right....but as cugel said. I think the ship has sailed. Right now my hope is in Kelly. Which, is not saying much. Then again, you never know.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

should've known yash would be all amped up to see trevor play bad. . .

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    As bad as Trevor is Paxton is infinitely worse. Lynch is like a less enthusiastic version of Tebow.
    Agreed, we should bring Tebow back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I literally think he would be better, provided they stop telling him to change his throwing motion, and play an upbeat spread zone read offense and have kaepernick as back up, since they would need a back up who can run an offense like that.

LOL
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 10-16-2017 at 10:10 PM.

11. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    The one who was drafted in round one, who everybody knew neded a couple year's before he'd be ready to take the field.
    If everybody knew this, why even bother with a QB competition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Give us one day to be 14 year old emo girls, Mayor.
    I’m still there with ya. I’m looking for the salvageable Appliance in the trash heap, so to speak.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Siemian is best QB we have but lynch was projected as a multi year project. I still think there is a chance for lynch. I can't write him off with only a handful of games, 1 start?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

I dont want to go through another 10 years of mediocrity. Win now dammit!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    i like teebs-- the kid's heart is in the right place. . .

punt protector is far from our biggest worry ATM, though. . .

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Could Andrew Luck be had at a bargain right now? His stock is low at the moment. Colts are already doing terrible this year and are probably going to pick in the top 5. Why wouldn't they stock pile draft picks and just rebuild?

Don't forget Elway really wanted Luck but he was out of reach. Yeah Luck has had some injuries but nothing he can't recover from. Take Mr. Irsay out for a night on the town and get him realllllly plastered then smuggle a trade for Luck.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Siemian is best QB we have but lynch was projected as a multi year project. I still think there is a chance for lynch. I can't write him off with only a handful of games, 1 start?
    I have never seen a first round pick being written off after just one start lol, but yet the 7th round pick is given the ( needs more time t develop) crap. Smh.

Everyone with sense knew lynch was a project, raw great talent but would need a couple years to learn and work on his craft and here we are in year one and some change with just one start and the ship has sailed.....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information