Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So i was told i was overreacting last night

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Nothing. I said since the league has NOT addressed that, then there is probably nothing technically wrong with that.

When you have arguably the best QB in the league and he does not break the bank of a franchise, then that is a big advantage.

Nothing technically wrong with that. However, most teams cannot realistically even hope for that.
    They could just assign all QB's a supermodel wife who rakes about $100 million a year and then the QBs will restructure the crap out of their contracts.

2. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    "i think Elway needs to do some soul searching and realize he doesnt have his franchise QB yet."

Not surprising really. If Trevor WAS that SB QB it would be one of the greatest freak events in NFL history. Up there with Kurt Warner and better than Tom Brady (who was a 6th rounder while Trevor was a 7th round pick).

John Elway left town and the best QB that Mike Shanahan could come up with over the next 10 seasons was Jay Cutler.

He got fired and the Broncos tried Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. Then they got lucky and Peyton signed the FA contract.

Know who John Elway really liked in the 2012 NFL draft if he didn't get Peyton? Brandon Weeden. He was old coming into the league and thought to be "more mature and NFL ready." So, as bad as the Osweiler and Lynch draftings was, it could have been even worse. They could have had Tim Tebow and Branden Weeden as their starting QBs for 2 seasons.

At least Paxton never got to start!
    What makes you think that Elway can draft a franchise QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Did we win? I went to bed at halftime because Weasel guaranteed a second half comeback. We be 4-1 right?

On a more serious front, nothing has changed offensively the last 3-4 years. The only game that was an offensive juggernaut was the Dallas game but Dallas has shown they are not the team that everyone thought they would be anyway. While at times Siemian has looked decent and even good but others he has looked like a B or C grade Qb. I know i know, any QB can have a bad game but what separates the great QB's from the middle of the pack QB's is consistency and frankly Trevor does not have that. I gave him a pass for quite a while but last night only proved to me that he just isnt the guy long term. We dont have a choice at this point in time as its either him, Brock, or Paxton but none of them are worth a damn so i think Elway needs to do some soul searching and realize he doesnt have his franchise QB yet. Trevor and Brock can certainly be a serviceable backup but they are not leaders of men and are not franchise QB's. The attitude of this team coming off a bye was simply embarrassing. The kicking and screaming attitude that Elway said he wanted just wasnt there and yes this was an important home game against a very bad and depleted Giants team. You just cant give away games like that when competing for the division and playoff aspirations. This team is not good enough defensively to repeat what they did in 15', so its imperative that the offense does more than they have been. As the Raiders and Cowboys have proven, just because you have good Olines does not mean you will automatically win ballgames. You have to have Qb's who can improvise and make plays when they are not there, you need QB's who can take care of the ball and not put your defense in bad situations. While a 3-2 record isnt the end of the world last night was a very glaring look at the reality of this football team. If they cant get up for a football game at home vs an 0-5 squad than its not a great sign for the rest of the season vs much better competition. I dont want the Broncos to quit the rest of the season, but i think it would be in their best interest to lose close games so that their draft position improves to a point where they can go after a legitimate QB. Either that, or start trying to set up trade proposals for guys like Rodgers, Brady, or Stafford and see what they have left in the tank. Hell, as much grief as i give Romo i would beg him and promise a BJ from Dogfish to come and play for this team.

Now, let the homers flame away.
    I don't remember telling anyone they were overreacting...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I don't remember telling anyone they were overreacting...
    It was late and you'd had a lot to drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

As crappy as we looked last night we still should have had a chance to win. It should have been 20-20 at the end of regulation if not for a blown call on the goal line and another freaking shanked chip shot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    As crappy as we looked last night we still should have had a chance to win. It should have been 20-20 at the end of regulation if not for a blown call on the goal line and another freaking shanked chip shot.
    Give us one day to be 14 year old emo girls, Mayor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm still just trying to figure out who Vance Walker and Weasel are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

This is the same TS I was harsh on last season and was told off because it was his first season. Bad habits are still bad habits and I was hoping new coaching would fix it.

If TS does not have a lead or close game he is a game manager and can look good. If there is pressure to,make a play or coming from behind he is bad. He MUST have a good ground game to look good. Last year OL was bad akd I gave him that. This year its slightlh improved but he is seeing ghosts. A few to.es he could have stepped up in pocket be he scrambled out to side and sacked. He about had a butt fumble moment stepping up and into paradox and sacked. JPP sack was only 1 not on siemian.

I think he is best QB on roster but I think lynch can develop more before completely written off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Damn dude break that paragraph up some. Ain't nobody trying to read that wall of text!
    Im looking at my screen now, it is a paragraph.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post

I'm not going to try and read that block of text though, North.

You are missing a quality hottake my brother!

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You are missing a quality hottake my brother!
    I need my hot takes to be short and quickly readable. TIA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I need my hot takes to be short and quickly readable. TIA.
    Not my fault you cant read.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Paxton lynch must play the rest of the season, he deserves his shot to develop during real games with real starters, and then him and Kelly can compete for the job if Paxton doesn't start to CLICK around week 12 and forward, but it's important we actually put the first round pick on the field the rest of the way, can't pull him either we have to take the bad and keep rolling so we can see if he's learning and getting better as the season progresses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Paxton lynch must play the rest of the season, he deserves his shot to develop during real games with real starters, and then him and Kelly can compete for the job if Paxton doesn't start to CLICK around week 12 and forward, but it's important we actually put the first round pick on the field the rest of the way, can't pull him either we have to take the bad and keep rolling so we can see if he's learning and getting better as the season progresses.
    Ok Lynch12/yash

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I agree with the sentiment, but I think the game in LA almost doesn't matter. The three after that are at KC, at Philly, vs NE. Anyone see one win there? So we're looking at 4-5 at best at that point.
    You actually think the patriots are good? Lol there defense is absolutely pathetic.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information