Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: So i was told i was overreacting last night

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Hey, maybe Coach Joseph can haul his Assistants into Mr. Elway's office so they can collectively admit their total inadequacy and grovel appropriately? That was the Josh McDaniels approach after all

Sorry boss-man, this one's totally on me, baby.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Good coaches don't get too high with the highs or low with the lows.
    I guess he wanted VJ to lose his mind in front of the media and fans, which would be very weak but of course somebody here is calling for such actions.

Vance has the perfect demeanor and im sure he let the team know behind closed doors how much he was disappointed in the performance.
    He didn't express disappointment. "Its a hard league" is NOT something that is said as an excuse in a pathetic loss as a leader of men. Sorry.

I am not liking his stance as an apparent players coach. Seems way too lax. Watch the pressers.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    He didn't express disappointment. "Its a hard league" is NOT something that is said as an excuse in a pathetic loss as a leader of men. Sorry.

I am not liking his stance as an apparent players coach. Seems way too lax. Watch the pressers.
    The problem is that the Broncos are playing flat. That is on the head coach. Losing because you're not as talented is one thing, losing without any apparent effort is another.

5. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The problem is that the Broncos are playing flat. That is on the head coach. Losing because you're not as talented is one thing, losing without any apparent effort is another.
    Lmao this guy wants to blame everyone but who really sucks, and that is Trevor sorry ass. This guy cannot make plays, dude has all the talent around him and he cannot muster a single score yet again. You are delusional cugel and your blame for everyone but tevirwis sickening.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

We just got shut out by the Sparklers! There better be some type of trade this week for a legitimate RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    We just got shut out by the Sparklers! There better be some type of trade this week for a legitimate RT.
    Preferably one who can throw the ball and has some type of pocket awareness.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Is a right tackle really going to make a difference? I mean yea, we need one, but a qb is where it starts and ends. Peyton Manning overcame an oline worse than this one.

Even with a better rt, we're still going to suck on offense.

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Is a right tackle really going to make a difference? I mean yea, we need one, but a qb is where it starts and ends. Peyton Manning overcame an oline worse than this one.

I was into the idea of trading for a RT a recently as this week but I wouldn't do it now. This team is falling apart. Save the draft pick you would have traded and make it count next year

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

What can you say? The Oline has just regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    What can you say? The Oline has just regressed.
    So has the qb.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Peyton is a special case. He was a HOF QB with the quickest release in football. When Fox was head coach Peyton used to insist upon repeating blitz pick-up drills over and over until he was satisfied. Fox was standing on the sidelines next to a reporter and turned to him and said "this is a waste of time. We're the least blitzed team in football because Peyton always makes them pay. But, we run this drill because Peyton wants to."

Only, Trevor is the opposite. He's the MOST blitzed QB in football because defenses have learned to just put 8 in the box to stuff the run, and force Trevor to throw it 40-50 times and blitz the hell out of him and get pressure in his face. Obviously that works great. The Broncos offense has scored 16, 10 and zero points in the last 3 games. Clearly they have figured out that if you stuff the Broncos running game by putting 8 or 9 defenders in the box, they can't pass the ball well enough to make you pay. Peyton would always make them pay until he had a torn tendon in his foot the last year and couldnt push off his plant leg at all.

That's the difference.

So, to answer your question: "Hell yes! Having a stud RT would be a HUGE step up for this offense." For one thing they could give max protection to Bolles, which they couldn't do this game because they had to help out Allen Barbre at RT as much as possible because he was getting beat so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I was into the idea of trading for a RT a recently as this week but I wouldn't do it now. This team is falling apart. Save the draft pick you would have traded and make it count next year
    Sadly, I have to agree. This team looks like a 6-10 team at best. Maybe worse. Well, there's ONE silver lining in this weekly tunnel of shame - and that is the team is likely to get a top 10 draft pick they can use on a QB next season. Plus, when you draft in the top 10 you get top 10 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds too. So they can hope to get three solid starters including a franchise QB if they are lucky in the draft next year. By then they will probably have to replace Talib, DT and Sanders because you can't keep such high priced veterans on a rebuilding team.

I'm old enough to remember the rebuilding teams under Mike Shanahan in the early 2000s. This looks like those teams, except instead of a SB winning coach, they have a rookie head coach who is obviously out of his depth. So, likely they will win maybe 6 or 7 games. ANd it could be less. Let's be honest.

The defense could just give up at some point. They stuffed the Chargers after the first turnover on 4 downs inside the 1 yard line. Just phenomenal defense, and yet it made absolutely no difference whatever. How long can we expect the defense to continue to make such intense efforts when the offense can't tie their own shoes?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    What's the use in keeping the pick? As has been stated in this thread several times, Elway's track record when using picks on offense is atrocious. He's even struck out at the RT position two years straight (Stephenson & Watson). What makes you believe he will end this trend?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    What's the use in keeping the pick? As has been stated in this thread several times, Elway's track record when using picks on offense is atrocious. He's even struck out at the RT position two years straight (Stephenson & Watson). What makes you believe he will end this trend?
    Well, I didn't say he HAD to use that pick on a tackle, just that trading a pick away in a season in which we'll be mediocre or worse seems like a poor idea. We could use that pick as part of a trade up for a top QB, for all I know.

Plus, if we don't trust that Elway can draft OL at some point, then we should just give up hope going forward. Bolles seems pretty good so far, so we could always go OL in the first again and hope for the best, or at least spend in FA at the top of the market. Lots of options. Getting a vet in here this year just seems like a waste, though.

21. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information