Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: It is PRO Football

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Do people still listen to that idiot Dmac?

Fire Elway? WTF?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Fire Elway? WTF?
    He’s a drama queen.

4. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Fire Elway? WTF?
    Surprised Big Al hasn't choked him yet. Dmac just looks like a guy you'd want to punch.

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Surprised Big Al hasn't choked him yet. Dmac just looks like a guy you'd want to punch.
    He’s like Joe.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Cugel, tell us your secret!
    ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    ?????
    To make Yash go away.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

11. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Actually, Big Al said that after the very first segment he had to do on air with DMac he was so furious with him that he stormed into the producers' office and insisted that if they ever put that guy on the air with him, he would punch him in the face. DMac apparently had to apologize over and over before they could work together.

If it had been me and I was big Al, I might have punched DMac in the face just on general principles because he's such an enormous tool-bag. But, that's just me. They make a lot of money together now so they're good.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Stud QBs don't grow on trees.
    Yet some fans never can manage to wrap their tiny little brains around that concept.

About 1/2 the Qbs drafted in the first round are busts. Most of the QBs taken in the second round never develop into long term successful starters, and almost all the QBs drafted after the 2nd round are backups or short-timers in the NFL.

So, it wouldn't be a surprise if Trevor, Paxton, and Brock Osweiler, (as well as Chad Kelly and Kyle Sloter) all turned out to be total busts. Just like Christian Hackenberg (2nd round - Jets), Garrett Grayson 3rd round New Orleans Saints, Sean Mannion 3rd round Rams, Bryce Petty Jets, Brett Hundley Green Bay Packers, 5th round, taken in the same draft as Trevor Siemian are unlikely to ever tear up the NFL.

The only point of that comparison is to note that while fans know everything about Trevor Siemian, they know almost nothing about Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson, just because those stiffs are on other teams riding the bench where they will probably stay until they leave the league. So, fans expect more of Trevor.

And Trevor has exceeded expectations, which were nothing. The only question is "how far can he exceed expectations?" Cause right now he's shaping up as Kyle Orton part II. Makes some nice plays on occasion, and can win a game or two if nothing depends on him making key plays, but in the end they'll run him out of town.

And then he'll probably wind up in Buffalo, cause that's where former Broncos QBs seem to end up (Tyrod Taylor too).

I mean, how long has Buffalo been trying to replace Jim Kelly? Retired about the mid 90's so it's been a while. Jacksonville has never had a very good QB. Detroit? Look at their QB history:
    2011-present Matthew Stafford (16)
    2010 Shaun Hill (10) / Matthew Stafford (3) / Drew Stanton (3)
    2009 Matthew Stafford (10) / Daunte Culpepper (5) / Drew Stanton (1)
    2008 Dan Orlovsky (7) / Daunte Culpepper (5) / Jon Kitna (4)
    2007 Jon Kitna (16)
    2006 Jon Kitna (16)
    2005 Joey Harrington (11) / Jeff Garcia (5)
    2004 Joey Harrington (16)
    2003 Joey Harrington (16)
    2002 Joey Harrington (12) / Mike McMahon (4)
    2001 Charlie Batch (9) / Ty Detmer (4) / Mike McMahon (3)
    2000 Charlie Batch (15) / Stoney Case (1)
    Prior to Matt Stafford that was a long list of crappola. And it wasn't all drafting failures. It's just not easy to find a franchise QB. Usually teams have to have a top 5 pick to get a good candidate, and not all of them pan out.

Who was the most successful late round QB in recent history? Russell Wilson drafted 1 round behind Brock. But, 32 teams passed on him twice and most three times. Clearly, if they had any clue what he could do he'd have been a first rounder. The knock on him was that he was "too short" - not a giraffe, so apparently he didn't get to the top of Elway's list, and a bunch of other NFL GMs didn't want him either.

Given how hard it is to draft and develop a franchise QB I wouldn't be surprised if Elway tries to find a veteran FA next year, like he kicked the tires on Tony Romo last off-season. Tony wanted too much money, and not getting it, decided to retire. But, next year, who knows? Enter the sweepstakes to sign Kirk Cousins at $25M a year?

I don't know the answer. But, if Trevor isn't the answer, likely the answer is not on the roster right now.
    Last edited by Cugel; 10-22-2017 at 01:49 PM.

16. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    He’s like Joe.
    Poor Joe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Remember when Cugel flipped out when Brock left?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Remember when Cugel flipped out when Brock left?
    Yup! I thought Elway mishandled that situation. As it turned out, his ****-up was a stroke of good fortune of course. Elway thought a lot of Osweiler too since he offered him $13m a year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Was this still “just a loss”?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Was this still “just a loss”?
    Just another loss in which you shit-can the starting QB and go to the terrorized rabbit as your new starter -- for a road game against the 7-1 Eagles. OK.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Nah, you stick with the Vance Joseph school of coaching and change absolutely nothing.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information