Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: It is PRO Football

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I think the coaching staff is being let off the hook. The entire team looked terrible last night. Uninspired and unprepared. The leader of men needs to get his shit together too.
    When there are so many whipping boys, it's hard to single out any that aren't among the worst offenders. In this instance TS stands head and shoulders above the rest, but you are right. Coaching staff (McCoy specifically) needs their heads forcefully dislodged from the rectal area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the wide receiver catches it, it’s a touchdown.
    Are you sure? Because the NFL isn't too sure about what a catch is any more. It used to be back in the day that if if looked like a catch it was a catch. No replay. No b.s. But, today's NFL? Not so much. "After further review."

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Major Tom?
    I've had this song stuck in my head all morning...

Actually I take it back, I've had Tebowie stuck in my head all morning.

"This is Jesus Christ to Tim Tebow, please leeeeeave me alooonne. Don't you know my day of rest is Sunday, and I'm sick of watching all these broncos gaaames."

If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the wide receiver catches it, it’s a touchdown.
    You've got the outdated rule book.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I've had this song stuck in my head all morning...

Actually I take it back, I've had Tebowie stuck in my head all morning.

"This is Jesus Christ to Tim Tebow, please leeeeeave me alooonne. Don't you know my day of rest is Sunday, and I'm sick of watching all these broncos gaaames."
    'I heeeeeeeeeeeeeeear that your playing New England next weeek...
    Duuuuuuuuuude you're on your own'

I didn't know that existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

'I heeeeeeeeeeeeeeear that your playing New England next weeek...
    Duuuuuuuuuude you're on your own'

I didn't know that existed.
    Falon did it right after we beat the Steelers in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    When there are so many whipping boys, it's hard to single out any that aren't among the worst offenders. In this instance TS stands head and shoulders above the rest, but you are right. Coaching staff (McCoy specifically) needs their heads forcefully dislodged from the rectal area.
    That's what encourages me. The notion that there are no great teams in the NFL this year. The Atlanta Falcons looked for a couple of games like they were back to the 2016 form that had them cake walk their way to the SB. Then they lost to Buffalo and Miami and it's pretty clear they are not terribly good.

The Patriots came into the season looking and people were questioning whether they would go undefeated. They "crushed FA" adding to an already SB winning team, and it just looked unfair.

After 6 games while the Broncos D is #1 the Patriots defense is dead last in the NFL. Broncos are giving up 261 yards a game, the Patriots 441. The Broncos are giving up 19.2 ppg, and this unfairly includes the pick 6 Trevor threw, while Brady has thrown 13 Tds and only 2 picks, and no pick 6's. But, the Patriots defense has given up 26 ppg. There is just no way they are winning a SB like that. I can't think of a time the worst NFL defensive team won the SB. Poor defense usually gets you beat in the playoffs no matter how good your offense is - exhibit A = Broncos SB 43-8 loss to the Seahawks.

Remember how the Broncos had to score 50 points in 2013 to beat the Cowboys? That is how the Patriots have been winning games. They were down by 14 to the Jets. Let that sink in. The "J-E-S-T, Jest, Jest, Jest!" as they say around the league.

The Steelers look pretty good, they have the #7 ranked offense, but their rushing defense is 24th in the league, giving up 118 ypg.

Everywhere you look there's mediocrity. NO team stands out.

The Chiefs? Their defense is 29th in the NFL. They just lost and are facing a tough divisional matchup on a short week Thursday.
    "Chiefs don't have much time to heal their wounds, physical or otherwise
    Adam TeicherESPN Staff Writer

If Hill, West and Wilson can’t play in Oakland, the Chiefs will be without four of their six leading pass-catchers. Among that group, only tight end Travis Kelce and running back Kareem Hunt would be available to play.

The Chiefs stumbled for the first time offensively against the Steelers. They entered Week 6 as the highest-scoring team in the league, but in the first half they had just 6 yards, three points and one first down.

“It seems a little bleak right this minute,’’ coach Andy Reid said. “But that’s not how I feel going forward. We’ve got a good football team. We’ve got to rebound. We’ve got a short turnaround here. We’ve got to get ready to play a good Raiders team.
    Of course the Raiders are not a very good team either as we've seen.

So, all in all, name a team in the AFC that you think is heads and shoulders above the Broncos right now? I'd say the Chiefs are better because Alex Smith doesn't suck, and the Pats are better because Tom Brady, and the Steelers might be better because of Ben Rothlisberger. That's about it really.

Will Trevor rebound from his horrible game? Yes. He's a mediocre QB, not a horrible QB. Mediocre means he's an 8-8 QB. If your defense and other skill players are really good an 8-8 QB can get you to 10 maybe 11 wins.

They are not going to play like Eli Manning in the SB. Or Tom Brady in the SB. They are not that kind of QB.

But, name a team in the NFL that is really good this year? I can't think of one. The Chiefs are the closest but unless their defense improves and unless they can generate more than 6 yards in a half, they are not going anywhere in the playoffs either.

This conference is just wide open and will stay that way all year.
    Last edited by Cugel; 10-16-2017 at 11:19 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Agreed, youd think we lost to Navy or something, the giantsw were 0-5 and very desperate and the broncose defense had a off night and needed there quarterback who failed to show up yet again. I put this loss on the arm and brain of Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    Agreed, youd think we lost to Navy or something, the giantsw were 0-5 and very desperate and the broncose defense had a off night and needed there quarterback who failed to show up yet again. I put this loss on the arm and brain of Trevor.
    I agree, siemien had a horrible night against the run, he couldn't tackle very well and his coverage skills are pathetic. To blame this loss entirely on the quarterback is bordering on insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

11. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Call it what yu want, Trevor leaves his defense out on the field for way too long due to his inability to create first downs. The loss is on Trevor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I agree, siemien had a horrible night against the run, he couldn't tackle very well and his coverage skills are pathetic. To blame this loss entirely on the quarterback is bordering on insanity
    That's true, he totally whiffed trying to tackle Jenkins.

Despite the Giants running game being better than all other teams combined, they only had, what, a buck twenty five in the air?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    That's true, he totally whiffed trying to tackle Jenkins.

Despite the Giants running game being better than all other teams combined, they only had, what, a buck twenty five in the air?
    Honestly, our defense played well enough to win. Take off the pick-6, we only gave up 13 points. Our offense pretty much is 100% to blame for that loss IMO.

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Siemien also needs to kick field goals alot better than he has

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

19. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I think what he meant to say was "You can be a total shit quarterback in this league, and still get a ring".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information