Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: It is PRO Football

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Lol, are you blaming elway for building a team that got to two superbowls, won one of them, had a record setting offense, and defense all in five years?

Or are you questioning the Joseph hire?
    Was it a Joseph hire? Or a Rooney hire?

Makes you think.

2. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    man, tough crowd around here. . . GC is a buddy of mine, but you don't gotta hold that against him-- would've been cool to see him get a bit warmer welcome. . .
    Tell your sissy friend to come back.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    How long did McDaniels last? Less than 2 years. John Fox coached the team to the SB in 2013. Next year they went 13-3 and had home field advantage in the playoffs, but lost in the first round to the Colts. Fox was fired. Kubiak won the SB. After 1 9-7 season he "retired" after Elway was going to fire a bunch of his assistant coaches.

There is ZERO tolerance for failure. This team was supposed to improve on 9-7 and compete for a Sb. The OL was supposedly strengthened, the DL was strengthened with Pecko. They added Jamaal Charles to add punch to the running game. They added depth to the WR corps. The TEs were supposed to be better.

If the wheels fall off the wagon and the team goes 5-11 or 6-10 there's a VERY good chance Elway concludes that VJ has lost the locker room. In that case the best thing to do will be to cut him loose and get another coach in here fast - BEFORE the defense declines to the point where their SB window is closed.

I'm not saying the wheels WILL fall off the wagon and they go 6-10, the team is too talented to do that, but if it did. . . .
    What McDaniel did to this team and franchise is something no other coach is capable of doing. You are one weird guy tI even think vance would be on the hot seat after a year. I am done chatting with you bud, you are a delusional one obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    What McDaniel did to this team and franchise is something no other coach is capable of doing. You are one weird guy tI even think vance would be on the hot seat after a year. I am done chatting with you bud, you are a delusional one obviously.
    Cugel, tell us your secret!
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

7. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Let me play devils advocate i guess(just because).

LOL, are you saying the Gm is untouchable?

There is a issue that hasnt been "fixed" with multiple coaches, several players, different QBs.

Where does that ultimately land? Right in the lap of the guy who hires and fires. I was told it sucks to be the one leading, in reference to the QB. GUess the same applies for the guy in charge of the store. If there is a issue that cant be fixed with multiple changes, the constant might be your problem...
    There is no doubt that elways drafting has been suspect, especially all the misses on the OL and then missing on the quarterback (brock). However he has done a good job building up a franchise into consistent winner's. Jury is still out on Paxton and then we have a 1st/2nd round talent in Kelly so we.will see if one of the two are his franchise quarterback. The one and only reason we are so poor on offense is because we don't have a franchise quarterback playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    There is no doubt that elways drafting has been suspect, especially all the misses on the OL and then missing on the quarterback (brock). However he has done a good job building up a franchise into consistent winner's. Jury is still out on Paxton and then we have a 1st/2nd round talent in Kelly so we.will see if one of the two are his franchise quarterback. The one and only reason we are so poor on offense is because we don't have a franchise quarterback playing.
    there is more to it than a "franchise" QB.

But its beating a dead horse, or a dead lineman.

Stud QBs don't grow on trees.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yep. The rumors of a Luck trade or even more laughable Rodgers are hilarious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Tell your sissy friend to come back.
    lol. . . he's a grown man, joe, i don't tell him what to do. . . more so, i would assume he's just annoyed about that game like the rest of us, and will probably pop back in at some point. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lol. . . he's a grown man, joe, i don't tell him what to do. . . more so, i would assume he's just annoyed about that game like the rest of us, and will probably pop back in at some point. . .
    I, for one, look forward to hearing more categorization of easily observed things.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Stud QBs don't grow on trees.
    No, no we don’t.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

There is a issue that hasnt been "fixed" with multiple coaches, several players, different QBs.

Where does that ultimately land? Right in the lap of the guy who hires and fires. I was told it sucks to be the one leading, in reference to the QB. GUess the same applies for the guy in charge of the store. If there is a issue that cant be fixed with multiple changes, the constant might be your problem...
    There's really nobody able to fire John Elway. Back when Pat Bowlen was mentally competent he could have done something, but who is exercising authority on behalf of the Bowlen family? The NFL has punted on naming the person who is going to succeed Pat. They just announced that this year after the league meeting. "No hurry" was the official word, or near enough.

Is his good buddy Joe Ellis going to do it? The team would have to be horrible this year and next for anything like that to happen, and still most likely Elway would voluntarily resign before they fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yep. The rumors of a Luck trade or even more laughable Rodgers are hilarious.
    It's weird actually. You see idiots like D-Mac arguing seriously that Luck's career is "over" due to injury, and that he, the incomparable D-Mac, wouldn't offer a used pizza box for Andrew Luck.

Back in the world of reality, the Colts would never consider trading him. There were similarly stupid rumours about Philip Rivers being traded this summer.

D-Mac and Alfred Williams actually asked Chargers coach Anthony Lynn about a Rivers trade. Lynn just laughed politely and pointed out that he had no intention of trading their franchise QB for much the same reasons the Broncos wanted him. He's actually good.

If the game comes down to who has the hotter passer the Broncos have no chance at all. Hopefully it will come down to which team can run the ball and play defense better. We'll see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It's weird actually. You see idiots like D-Mac arguing seriously that Luck's career is "over" due to injury, and that he, the incomparable D-Mac, wouldn't offer a used pizza box for Andrew Luck.

Back in the world of reality, the Colts would never consider trading him. There were similarly stupid rumours about Philip Rivers being traded this summer.

D-Mac and Alfred Williams actually asked Chargers coach Anthony Lynn about a Rivers trade. Lynn just laughed politely and pointed out that he had no intention of trading their franchise QB for much the same reasons the Broncos wanted him. He's actually good.

If the game comes down to who has the hotter passer the Broncos have no chance at all. Hopefully it will come down to which team can run the ball and play defense better. We'll see.
    Indeed. There is a reason why Stafford is the highest paid player in the league. And it's certainly not because he's the best.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

We must have different expectations on what good enough looks like. Sans New England not one single franchise has been concurrently dominant in the modern era. However, we are one of the most winningest franchises in football, and won a Superbowl two years ago thanks to a defense put together by the gm two years after building the most eclectic offense in history.

Do I think we are a great football team this year, nope. But to talk about moving on from elway is crazy to me

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information