Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Giants 10/15/17

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Two words...

Offensive Linemen.

They need to revamp on OL this week.
    They've revamped the line three damn times for Siemian. Shake ups and draft picks and free agents. Sorry. It ain't the line.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

After running some stills of C.J.'s TD attempt, it surely looked to me as if he had the ball well over the goal line.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    After running some stills of C.J.'s TD attempt, it surely looked to me as if he had the ball well over the goal line.
    Dave Logan said the same on koa.

5. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

He was clearly over. You can infer it, you can see it. It was a bad call on the field, and a worse one to not overturn.

Ultimately though, despite several bad calls, this loss was 100% on the broncos and coaching staff.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They've revamped the line three damn times for Siemian. Shake ups and draft picks and free agents. Sorry. It ain't the line.
    Ah. Broncos need to bench RT Watson for good.

Can anyone summarize what Wolfe said?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Can anyone summarize what Wolfe said?
    Im glad someone is pissed off like me.

http://bsndenver.com/this-is-bullshi...-broncos-loss/

DENVER — When the Denver Broncos took their first loss of the season to the Buffalo Bills, the overarching feeling in the locker room appeared to be annoyance. Guys sat at their lockers shaking their heads at the performance they had put on the field.On Sunday night, following their second loss of the season—a 23-10 loss to a previously winless team—the feeling took a turn for the angry side.

“I’m really pissed off,” said an ornery Derek Wolfe after the game.

Coming into the game as the best run defense in the league—going up against a team averaging just 77 yards on the ground per game—the Broncos took a massive step back, allowing some guy by the name of Orleans Darkwa to snap off for more yards (117) than they had allowed Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot LeSean McCoy, and Marshawn Lynch combined (95).

“This is bullshit. We’re not supposed to go out there and play that way,” he said. “We can’t turn the ball over. We can’t let somebody run the ball like that on us. It’s just, it’s bullshit, and we have to clean that shit up.”

“We got our ass kicked tonight,” chimed in running back C.J. Anderson. “It’s pathetic right now. We’re just not executing.”

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

It’s only the first year for this regime, but these offensive woes have persisted for three years. The first of those years were with a wounded Peyton Manning and the last two with an obviously limited Trevor Siemian. Nothing revolutionary there, but the concerning part is that the Broncos seem unable to fix the problem. I get that Lynch has not looked good, but it makes no sense not to play him when he’s healthy. Maybe it’ll turn out that he’s a “gamer” and will look better when the games matter. I know he played some last year, but he was a rookie. Besides, he looked pretty good against Tampa Bay. He may totally suck, but it’s time for the Broncos to know for sure, and it can’t be worse than the shit show we saw last night. I think the Broncos have scored something like 3 touchdowns in 12 quarters since the Cowboys game. That’s Miami Dolphins-esque, except that the Dolphins actually overcame their woes yesterday.

We know what Einstein said about the definition of insanity...... it’s time to trot somebody else out there.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Yep, opens the old Sloter wound again, a decision which looks worse and worse as this season goes on
    No, it doesn't look worse. None of Minny's QB's can stay healthy and Sloter still doesn't sniff the field there. Mitch Trubisky is good proof that just because you tear up the preseason doesn't mean you'll look good in the regular season. If anyone thinks Sloter would have come in here and played great this season, you're kidding yourself.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 10-16-2017 at 06:28 AM.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No, it doesn't look worse. None of Minny's QB's can stay healthy and Sloter still doesn't sniff the field there. Mitch Trubisky is good proof that just because you tear up the preseason doesn't mean you'll look good in the regular season. If anyone thinks Sloter would have come in here and played great this season, you're kidding yourself.
    I think the general feeling is that a guy like Sloter or Lynch can at least be seen as building for the future. Siemian appears to have become the status quo. He hasn’t taken any real steps forward since game one last year. I have a feeling he messed up his shoulder again yesterday and continued to play. If that’s the case, he shouldn’t be playing. We saw how poorly he played after his injury last year. It became an excuse. I don’t want any more excuses for him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I don't know what replays they were looking at...? The one clearly showed the ball on the line

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    So Butt and Ray to the active roster soon, who gets cut?
    Possibly Heuerman and Edebali?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Our line sucks just as bad as Trevor

20. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Our line sucks just as bad as Trevor
    Only one position, RT. Knowing that is the biggest weakness, TS has a responsibility, just as the coaching staff does, to understand and compensate for that. TS has a problem holding the ball too long and not stepping up in the pocket.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I wish the NFL would use microchips on the footballs so the refs don't have to rely on visual evidence to make these calls. It sucks when scores are determined by guesswork.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information