Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Giants 10/15/17

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    You are beyond over reacting about the defense just becase they had one sub par game they all of a sudden arent the number one defense in the league through 5 game's? Even after last night there still likely to be number one. The defense had a semi off night and once again the offense led by Trevor could do absolutely nothing but put our struggling defense is worst spots and go 3 and punt consistently. Our defense is just fine, scheme is just fine, engram was just a match up problem for the inside backers.
    Brandon Marshall and Odell Beckham Junior we’re both injured. The number one priority against the Giants should’ve been to stop Engram.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Nobody is going to gameplan against a guy who hasnt done anything all season until last night, our linebackers just failed at covering him, add in the giant's line holding on every other play and you get some completions, Eli had like 170 yards passing.... Didn't really shred us, just had a few big play's and some good no calls.

Nobody is going to gameplan against a guy who hasnt done anything all season until last night, our linebackers just failed at covering him, add in the giant's line holding on every other play and you get some completions, Eli had like 170 yards passing.... Didn't really shred us, just had a few big play's and some good no calls.
    If you say so, but I saw it coming. I told my wife to start him on her ff team because he’d be there primary target with OBJ and Marshall out, and I was right. If I saw it coming you’d think somebody on the Broncos staff would have seen it coming too.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 10-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Well, they didn't need to necessarily "gameplan" for him, but they probably should've adjusted when it was obvious he was their primary target... they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Well, they didn't need to necessarily "gameplan" for him, but they probably should've adjusted when it was obvious he was their primary target... they didn't.
    Which would have been obvious last Monday

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Vance Joseph laments “critical errors” that led to Broncos’ stunning upset loss vs. Giants

List of culprits for Broncos’ perplexing loss includes more than quarterback position

Vance Joseph kept coming back to the small mistakes before the big ones that burned the coach’s Broncos in their stunning 23-10 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday night.

Before running back Orleans Darkwa sprinted through a thin seam for a 47-yard run that set up New York’s first touchdown Sunday night, the Broncos had Eli Manning in their sights.

Shelby Harris had a bead on the Giants’ quarterback on third-and-10 on the first play of the second quarter, but Manning evaded the rush of the Denver defensive end, ran to his left and found uncovered wide receiver Roger Lewis for a 15-yard gain and a first down. Darkwa’s big run, the longest given up by the Broncos this season, came on the next play, and Manning finished the drive a few plays later with a touchdown pass to tight end Evan Engram that put the Giants ahead 10-0.
    rest - plus VJ video - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/16...itical-errors/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If you say so, but I saw it coming. I told my wife to start him on her ff team because he’d be there primary target with OBJ and Marshall out, and I was right. If I saw it coming you’d think somebody on the Broncos staff would have seen it coming too.
    our grounds crew undoubtedly knew they were going to come out throwing to engram, but woods couldn't figure it out. . . ray crockett referred to our defensive gameplan and coaching as "terrible" at least a dozen times this afternoon. . .

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    On to the Chargers then...
    Yep. Giants game is the one to learn from....coaches and players. On to the Chargers.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Yep. Giants game is the one to learn from....coaches and players. On to the Chargers.
    There is nothing to learn from that game except that the Broncos have the ability to play like a small college team.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I mentioned this last night. 82 of Eli's 128 yards were to Engram. We should have put Talib on him. Our CBs were wasted covering no name WR, while we put guys like Barrett in space against Engram

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

How shitty is it to know that if we get down in a game by more than one score, it’s essentially over? This offense has zero ability to come from behind and win a game. 10 or more points down? Might as well call it right there, doesn’t even matter if it’s the 1st quarter. We play okay while playing with a small lead. A big lead is not safe because we get conservative on both sides of the ball. If we’re behind, we’re ******.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Here's a sobering look at how the Giants ran all over us. Hopefully Joseph prepares for adapting to this:

To beat these men, you have to run at them. Check that. You have to run at everyone but Miller. One-cut running, right up the gut. And that just what the Giants did, with their shuffled and reshuffled offensive line. Of New York’s 32 rushing attempts, seven carries went for more than five yards, and all seven went away from Miller’s side of the field. The Giants discovered favorable matchups on the interior with Denver tackles Domato Peko and Adam Gotsis, Wolfe’s interior line counterparts. On the biggest run of the game, a 47-yard Darkwa scamper on a perfectly blocked trap, backup center Brett Jones stopped Peko dead in his tracks, and Fluker delivered the block of the game, bending Adam Gotsis backwards.

The Giants operated almost exclusively out of 12 personnel (one running back, two tight ends, two wide receivers) when running the ball in this game, for two apparent reasons. Broncos linebackers had keyed on fullbacks against previous opponents with tremendous success, and Denver had very little vulnerability to play-action. Plus, Giants tight ends Rhett Ellison, Matt Lacosse and Jerell Adams stood a better chance of blocking Denver’s ball-hawking safeties than any receiver on the roster. This came to bear on a third-quarter run that went for 14 off the right end, with Ellison and Adams leading the way. The pair moved Barrett off the line of scrimmage, then Ellison headed to the next level and gave 200-pound Justin Simmons the business (the drive leads to a field goal).

Perhaps the most embarrassing run allowed by this Denver defense Sunday, and the most telling, happened in the fourth quarter after a failed Broncos attempt on fourth-and-goal. Up 20-3 with eight minutes left, the Giants were pinned at their own half-yard line, with eight defenders in the box. This was do-or-die time for the Broncos, and they gave up 16 yards. How? Simple. Brett Jones just moved Peko out of the way.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/gi...oncos-weakness

20. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Here's a sobering look at how the Giants ran all over us. Hopefully Joseph prepares for adapting to this:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/gi...oncos-weakness

but I thought it was all the QB's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

22. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    but I thought it was all the QB's fault
    No. Not all... Just like 60% or so.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Defensively we had issues, but then again the defense didnt turn the ball over 2 times either. No one said it was just the QB's fault, but the QB is supposed to be the leader and is supposed to make plays when the defense is struggling. That simply didnt happen so to try and make excuses for the QB is just as disingenuous as claiming it was just the QB's fault.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information