Thread: NFL looking at contingencies for Raiders' game Sunday if air quality remains at unacceptable levels

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL looking at contingencies for Raiders' game Sunday if air quality remains at unacceptable levels

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The NFL is keeping an eye on the wildfires in Northern California and has been exploring options to move Sunday's game between the Oakland Raiders and Los Angeles Chargers if it becomes necessary.

Michael Signora, the NFL's vice president of football communications, said Thursday that the league is getting updates on the situation from both teams and from city officials in Oakland.

"We continue to monitor air quality conditions in the Bay Area and are in close communication with both the Raiders and Chargers, as well as local authorities," Signora said. "At this point, the game remains scheduled for Sunday in Oakland."
    AND
    If the NFL decides that conditions in Oakland are too unhealthy to play Sunday, the Raiders game could be moved to Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer has also offered up Qualcomm Stadium, where the Chargers used to play before relocating to Los Angeles this year.
    full article - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eptable-levels

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Name:  images-2.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  11.0 KB

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

And why not just swap the home and home series letting Oakland have a later game while this one gets played at the Charger's practice field or wherever it is they have their games now?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    And why not just swap the home and home series letting Oakland have a later game while this one gets played at the Charger's practice field or wherever it is they have their games now?
    Makes sense to me, though I imagine season ticket holders would've liked to know about any change of venue much sooner than three days before kickoff.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information