Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New graphics card for PC

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yeah, I thought prices were supposed to come down by now, and that manufacturers were going to ramp up supply. So far that really hasn't happened.

Irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yeah, I thought prices were supposed to come down by now, and that manufacturers were going to ramp up supply. So far that really hasn't happened.

Irritating.
    Yea, with the Bitcoin craze, it's not the best time to be in the market for a video card. Wait till the supply ramps up and bitcoin dies, video cards will be super cheap for awhile after that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, with the Bitcoin craze, it's not the best time to be in the market for a video card. Wait till the supply ramps up and bitcoin dies, video cards will be super cheap for awhile after that.
    I'm not so sure, but the subject is a lengthy one. I find myself bored to tears researching mining. I can't believe how much brainpower is put into what is effectively a giant hamster wheel.

I hope the shit crashes or they develop ASIC's or whatever the hell to make the shit just go away so that buying computer hardware no longer feels like an arms race.

I can't believe so many people are doing it, the amount they get is so minuscule.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I can't believe so many people are doing it, the amount they get is so minuscule.
    It's pointless now. Had they been doing it like years and years ago and earned 3-4 bitcoins they would be filthy freaking rich. There are so few coins left and it takes so long to sucessfully mine one...it's kind of pointless now.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Bitcoins are a pain in the ass.

I managed some servers at my previous company and 1 of the servers got a mining program installed on it somehow.

Through the efforts of myself and the hosting company we were never able to get rid of the damn thing. We ended up migrating our database over to a new server and shit canned that one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Welp this new graphics card and RAM fairly rocks, I can run Subnautica on highest settings almost with perfect framerate. Wanted to be able to run that game and so far I am not disappointed. Open world, survival, crafting, a lurking sense of danger or menace...sign me up! And the beauty is excellent...here are some scenes..

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I had thought this shit was supposed to end. I thought that with the recent crypto currency crashed, we'd start seeing prices getting near to sane levels. But lo and behold... prices are higher now than EVER.

The best advice I keep hearing is 'wait', but it's been like 8 months and the situation is getting worse, not better. I hate crypto currencies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Fml

Yeah I stopped looking, not worth buying one atm. From what I've read, mining really isn't even worth it anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yeah, that's what I thought. But then why to the card prices just keep going up? I got a newegg "sale" email for a rx580, and the "sale" price is 409 dollars. The MSRP is 225.

How on earth is that a sale?

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. But then why to the card prices just keep going up? I got a newegg "sale" email for a rx580, and the "sale" price is 409 dollars. The MSRP is 225.

How on earth is that a sale?
    Supply and demand is a pain in the butt...

At this rate I think I made a smart choice buying a laptop. I got a 1060, without paying massive amounts more than its worth to do so.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information