Thread: Peyton Manning to be inducted into Colorado Sports Hall of Fame

Default Peyton Manning to be inducted into Colorado Sports Hall of Fame

I didn't see this posted yesterday. Congrats to Peyton:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Colorado Sports Hall of Fame will gain another Broncos player in April when former quarterback Peyton Manning is inducted.

Rashaan Salaam, Joe Glenn, Sam Pagano, Tracy Hill and Alex Burl join Manning in the Class of 2018, which the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame announced Tuesday.

Manning compiled a 45-12 regular season record during his four years with the Broncos and threw for 17,112 yards and 140 touchdowns. He also earned a quarterback rating of at least 100 during three of his four seasons in Denver.

In 2013, Manning set the all-time single-season passing touchdown record after throwing for 55 scores. He earned First-Team All-Pro and MVP honors that year and led the Broncos to Super Bowl XLVIII.

Manning, who picked up another First-Team All-Pro honor and three Pro Bowl appearances during his Broncos career, also helped lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl 50 win.

He was named the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame Athlete of the Year in both 2012 and 2013.

Manning retired from his 18-year NFL career in March 2016.

The Broncos have a long, intertwined history with the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame. President of Football Operations/GM John Elway was inducted in 1999, former tight end Shannon Sharpe earned the honor in 2005 and Owner Pat Bowlen was added in 2007. In all, Manning will be the 33rd Bronco inducted, according to the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame.

Former cornerback Champ Bailey was the latest Broncos player inducted into the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame. He was enshrined April 27, which coincided with the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.

Tickets for the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame Banquet are $200 each and Sponsor tables start at $2,500. For additional ticket and table information, please phone the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame (www.coloradosports.org, 720-258-3535). The Colorado Sports Hall of Fame & Museum is located at Gate 1 on the west side of Sports Authority Field at Mile High at 1701 Bryant Street in Denver.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...2-302b0cf0692c

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I wonder, after only 4 years with the Broncos if he'll be inducted into the Ring of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I wonder, after only 4 years with the Broncos if he'll be inducted into the Ring of Fame.
    John Lynch only played four years here and he's in. I think Peyton is an absolute lock.

5. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

He'll always be a colt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    He'll always be a colt.
    He's like one of those girls where the drapes don't match the curtains. Or like a mullet, business in front and party in back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Or is it drapes don't match the duvet. I always forget.

What's a duvet, anyway? The real one, not the metaphorical one in this metaphor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    He'll always be a colt.
    He said as much himself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He said as much himself.
    Yeah, I know.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

get that man a bud light!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What's a duvet, anyway? The real one, not the metaphorical one in this metaphor.
    A duvet is the soft, comforting thing you find on the bed and sometimes lay on top of.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    A duvet is the soft, comforting thing you find on the bed and sometimes lay on top of.
    Bill Burr would like a word with you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information