Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.
I don't. I remember Osweiler from his horrible stint in Houston. I know Denver fans remember that he had some decent games for us, and I was butt hurt when he signed with the Texans. But, that was only 7 games he started here. Then he got that ginormous contract with a guaranteed $37 million and went out and threw 13 Tds and 16 INTs with a passer rating of 72.

He was so horrible they gave up a 2nd round pick just to get rid of him at a time when Tom Savage was their only other possible starter. So, right now I'm going to say a silent prayer that Trevor stays healthy, because Osweiler can't play dead in a western.

He was one of those guys who generate absurd expectations based on a limited sample size. Then he gets the big deal and everybody is all excited to see what he can do with a full season as the starter. But, defenses start figuring out what he can do well, so they take that away and force him to do things he doesn't do well - and in Osweiler's case that's a lot.

Plus, he's a hot-head and got into blazing rows with Kubiak when he was benched for Manning, and then in Houston he got into screaming matches with coach Bill O'Brien. In Osweiler's defense O'Brien is a hot-head himself who always fights with his QBs, so it's not just on Osweiler. But, in this case, you can see O'Brien's point. "You just can't keep throwing stupid picks dude! We've got a great defense, but you're killing us here!" Osweiler clearly was not happy about receiving this kind of criticism.

Then he went to Cleveland and sucked his way out of town, despite the fact that their starting QB is DeShone Kiser who has a 50% completion percentage, 3 TDs and 9 Ints, and a passer rating of 49. They figured if they're going to suck at QB it might as well be with a rookie QB who might possibly get better with experience rather than with Osweiler who clearly is not ever going to be a quality NFL starter.