Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Giants week)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Giants week)

Starting early this week out of the bye, since there's no game from yesterday to talk about. Here's Coach Joseph:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph: The Giants are a “good football team” with a “Hall of Fame-type quarterback” … “Trap game? I don’t see it that way."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph: The message after the bye was to do “more” … particularly in effort, details, focus & commitment.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

At practice, Vance Joseph wore a shirt that said "MORE" in all caps. His message to the team after the bye: "Do more."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

VJ #Broncos @1043TheFan "I've been impressed with Will Parks. It hasn't been perfect but he learns from his mistakes."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph said that Jake Butt and Shane Ray will practice next Monday.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

VJ #Broncos @1043TheFan "hopefully Paxton can have a brief throwing session on Thursday or Friday"

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.
    They're both terrible. And I think if they were going to IR Lynch, they would have done it already, instead of wasting a roster spot on him every week.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    They're both terrible. And I think if they were going to IR Lynch, they would have done it already, instead of wasting a roster spot on him every week.
    If we're talking a ladder, Lynch doesn't have a rung, Oz is the first rung. Neither are good, but one is definitely worse than the other.

7. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I don't. I remember Osweiler from his horrible stint in Houston. I know Denver fans remember that he had some decent games for us, and I was butt hurt when he signed with the Texans. But, that was only 7 games he started here. Then he got that ginormous contract with a guaranteed $37 million and went out and threw 13 Tds and 16 INTs with a passer rating of 72.

He was so horrible they gave up a 2nd round pick just to get rid of him at a time when Tom Savage was their only other possible starter. So, right now I'm going to say a silent prayer that Trevor stays healthy, because Osweiler can't play dead in a western.

He was one of those guys who generate absurd expectations based on a limited sample size. Then he gets the big deal and everybody is all excited to see what he can do with a full season as the starter. But, defenses start figuring out what he can do well, so they take that away and force him to do things he doesn't do well - and in Osweiler's case that's a lot.

Plus, he's a hot-head and got into blazing rows with Kubiak when he was benched for Manning, and then in Houston he got into screaming matches with coach Bill O'Brien. In Osweiler's defense O'Brien is a hot-head himself who always fights with his QBs, so it's not just on Osweiler. But, in this case, you can see O'Brien's point. "You just can't keep throwing stupid picks dude! We've got a great defense, but you're killing us here!" Osweiler clearly was not happy about receiving this kind of criticism.

Then he went to Cleveland and sucked his way out of town, despite the fact that their starting QB is DeShone Kiser who has a 50% completion percentage, 3 TDs and 9 Ints, and a passer rating of 49. They figured if they're going to suck at QB it might as well be with a rookie QB who might possibly get better with experience rather than with Osweiler who clearly is not ever going to be a quality NFL starter.

By the way, the Giants have basically no WR left. OBJ is out for the season (as you may have heard, unless you're living under a rock), same with Dwayne Harris. Marshall will miss at least a couple of weeks. Sterling Shepard got hurt yesterday as well, but is listed as day to day on the early reports. The Giants run game doesn't scare anyone either, so ...
    Last edited by VonDoom; 10-09-2017 at 03:08 PM.

By the way, the Giants have basically no WR left. OBJ is out for the season (as you may have heard, unless you're living under a rock), same with Dwayne Harris. Marshall will miss at least a couple of weeks. Sterling Shepard got hurt yesterday as well, but is listed as day to day on the early reports. The Giants run game doesn't scare anyone either, so ...
    I didn't hear about it til late last night, with no Broncos on, I had a very non football day.

Marshall is having season ending surgery. Lewis is pretty much all they have left. Shepard doesn't look like a good option either since he may not be ready to go. They are going to have to sign several WR's fast.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The Giants are going to have to bring guys in off the street to fill their WR corps this week. The only worry I see is that our secondary just gets too complacent. They really should shut this offense completely down.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The Giants are going to have to bring guys in off the street to fill their WR corps this week. The only worry I see is that our secondary just gets too complacent. They really should shut this offense completely down.
    They brought a guy up from their practice squad and signed Tavarres King (former Bronco) to replace Beckham and Harris, who went on IR.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

They brought a guy up from their practice squad and signed Tavarres King (former Bronco) to replace Beckham and Harris, who went on IR.
    Isn't Marshall supposed to be out this week too?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Isn't Marshall supposed to be out this week too?
    Yes but he's not on IR, so they can't replace his roster spot. He'll just be inactive

Yes but he's not on IR, so they can't replace his roster spot. He'll just be inactive
    Update on this - Marshall (the one on the Giants) is going to IR, so they're bringing up another practice squad WR. Maybe not coincidentally, but we're 12 point favorites in this game, which makes me very uncomfortable.

Ralph Vacchiano‏Verified account @RVacchianoSNY 49m49 minutes ago

The Giants are expected to promote WR Ed Eagan from their practice squad today, a source confirms (and as @JamesKratch said earlier).

Ralph Vacchiano‏Verified account @RVacchianoSNY 48m48 minutes ago

So the Giants WR corps on Sunday could be Roger Lewis, Tavarres King, Travis Rudolph and Ed Eagan.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

All the wide receivers out? No running game to speak of.

Sigh. I guess I'll get ready for the inevitable, while inconceivable 500 yards of offense shoot-out Sunday night. These "surefire" games always seem to go sideways for us.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    All the wide receivers out? No running game to speak of.

Sigh. I guess I'll get ready for the inevitable, while inconceivable 500 yards of offense shoot-out Sunday night. These "surefire" games always seem to go sideways for us.
    That's kinda how I'm feeling. The matchup just feels too good to be true. You know these new WRs will be playing their asses off trying to prove they deserve a spot, so hopefully our secondary isn't taking them lightly.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information