Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Giants week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Giants week)

Starting early this week out of the bye, since there's no game from yesterday to talk about. Here's Coach Joseph:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Joseph: The Giants are a “good football team” with a “Hall of Fame-type quarterback” … “Trap game? I don’t see it that way."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph: The message after the bye was to do “more” … particularly in effort, details, focus & commitment.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

At practice, Vance Joseph wore a shirt that said "MORE" in all caps. His message to the team after the bye: "Do more."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

VJ #Broncos @1043TheFan "I've been impressed with Will Parks. It hasn't been perfect but he learns from his mistakes."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Joseph said that Jake Butt and Shane Ray will practice next Monday.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 2m2 minutes ago

VJ #Broncos @1043TheFan "hopefully Paxton can have a brief throwing session on Thursday or Friday"

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.
    They're both terrible. And I think if they were going to IR Lynch, they would have done it already, instead of wasting a roster spot on him every week.

By the way, the Giants have basically no WR left. OBJ is out for the season (as you may have heard, unless you're living under a rock), same with Dwayne Harris. Marshall will miss at least a couple of weeks. Sterling Shepard got hurt yesterday as well, but is listed as day to day on the early reports. The Giants run game doesn't scare anyone either, so ...
    Last edited by VonDoom; 10-09-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    They're both terrible. And I think if they were going to IR Lynch, they would have done it already, instead of wasting a roster spot on him every week.
    If we're talking a ladder, Lynch doesn't have a rung, Oz is the first rung. Neither are good, but one is definitely worse than the other.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

By the way, the Giants have basically no WR left. OBJ is out for the season (as you may have heard, unless you're living under a rock), same with Dwayne Harris. Marshall will miss at least a couple of weeks. Sterling Shepard got hurt yesterday as well, but is listed as day to day on the early reports. The Giants run game doesn't scare anyone either, so ...
    I didn't hear about it til late last night, with no Broncos on, I had a very non football day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The Giants are going to have to bring guys in off the street to fill their WR corps this week. The only worry I see is that our secondary just gets too complacent. They really should shut this offense completely down.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The Giants are going to have to bring guys in off the street to fill their WR corps this week. The only worry I see is that our secondary just gets too complacent. They really should shut this offense completely down.
    They brought a guy up from their practice squad and signed Tavarres King (former Bronco) to replace Beckham and Harris, who went on IR.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

They brought a guy up from their practice squad and signed Tavarres King (former Bronco) to replace Beckham and Harris, who went on IR.
    Isn't Marshall supposed to be out this week too?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

All the wide receivers out? No running game to speak of.

Sigh. I guess I'll get ready for the inevitable, while inconceivable 500 yards of offense shoot-out Sunday night. These "surefire" games always seem to go sideways for us.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    All the wide receivers out? No running game to speak of.

Sigh. I guess I'll get ready for the inevitable, while inconceivable 500 yards of offense shoot-out Sunday night. These "surefire" games always seem to go sideways for us.
    That's kinda how I'm feeling. The matchup just feels too good to be true. You know these new WRs will be playing their asses off trying to prove they deserve a spot, so hopefully our secondary isn't taking them lightly.

He was nonexistent even when he was healthy. I had him on my ff team. He was virtually non-existent. He probably has around 100 yards on the whole season

Yes but he's not on IR, so they can't replace his roster spot. He'll just be inactive

Klis says we're wearing all blue uniforms for this game. Yeah!

19. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yay! Onsies!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information