Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Giants week)

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Can't they just put Lynch on IR? Dude is terrible and I feel much more comfortable with Oz riding shotgun.
    I don't. I remember Osweiler from his horrible stint in Houston. I know Denver fans remember that he had some decent games for us, and I was butt hurt when he signed with the Texans. But, that was only 7 games he started here. Then he got that ginormous contract with a guaranteed $37 million and went out and threw 13 Tds and 16 INTs with a passer rating of 72.

He was so horrible they gave up a 2nd round pick just to get rid of him at a time when Tom Savage was their only other possible starter. So, right now I'm going to say a silent prayer that Trevor stays healthy, because Osweiler can't play dead in a western.

He was one of those guys who generate absurd expectations based on a limited sample size. Then he gets the big deal and everybody is all excited to see what he can do with a full season as the starter. But, defenses start figuring out what he can do well, so they take that away and force him to do things he doesn't do well - and in Osweiler's case that's a lot.

Plus, he's a hot-head and got into blazing rows with Kubiak when he was benched for Manning, and then in Houston he got into screaming matches with coach Bill O'Brien. In Osweiler's defense O'Brien is a hot-head himself who always fights with his QBs, so it's not just on Osweiler. But, in this case, you can see O'Brien's point. "You just can't keep throwing stupid picks dude! We've got a great defense, but you're killing us here!" Osweiler clearly was not happy about receiving this kind of criticism.

Then he went to Cleveland and sucked his way out of town, despite the fact that their starting QB is DeShone Kiser who has a 50% completion percentage, 3 TDs and 9 Ints, and a passer rating of 49. They figured if they're going to suck at QB it might as well be with a rookie QB who might possibly get better with experience rather than with Osweiler who clearly is not ever going to be a quality NFL starter.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Some more stuff on DRC:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago

#Giants CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had words with coach Ben McAdoo after being pulled in Sunday’s game, sources say. It continued today

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

It got heated. DRC has been a good soldier, playing the slot, doing what was asked. As competitive as he is, getting pulled was too much.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

The issue between DRC and McAdoo and the coaches was never resolved Sunday. It continued today until the suspension and departure. Crazy.
    The word out of NY is that McAdoo might be fired after this game if the Giants get blown out. There's speculation in the NY media:

ESPN's Mike Golic: EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- It is getting worse by the minute. Each day that passes, the train wreck that is the New York Giants' 2017 season only gets uglier.

Ultimately it lands on Ben McAdoo. He's the head coach of a winless team that, from a distance, seems to be spiraling out of control.
    The NY media is totally cold and ruthless. The Yankees are in the playoffs almost every year, the Giants were expected to compete for the division and here they are 0-5.

Rogers-Cromartie never had any problems here. This is just a dysfunctional coaching situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The word out of NY is that McAdoo might be fired after this game if the Giants get blown out. There's speculation in the NY media:

The NY media is totally cold and ruthless. The Yankees are in the playoffs almost every year, the Giants were expected to compete for the division and here they are 0-5.

Rogers-Cromartie never had any problems here. This is just a dysfunctional coaching situation.
    At least they got rid of that bum who won them two championships against NE*, with a host of offensive stars who never did anything anywhere else before nor since.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    At least they got rid of that bum who won them two championships against NE*, with a host of offensive stars who never did anything anywhere else before nor since.
    In fairness, the Coughlin era had plateaued. I would have gone outside the organization rather than move up the vanilla McAdoo, but I think a change was due.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

I live in NY, so I know how the media is. And yeah, I think McAdoo is a goner but I don't know that they do it in season. The Giants are usually not reactionary, but I think he's losing the team (or has already lost it) and that bodes badly for how they go forward from here.

Nick Kosmider‏Verified account @NickKosmider 19s19 seconds ago

Vance Joseph says the WRs the Giants will put on the field can play. Mentions former Broncos draft pick Tavarres King.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck now18 seconds ago

#Broncos have no big play TDs in passing game. But Joseph not concerned about stats w Sanders and DT @DenverChannel

Lindsay Jones‏Verified account @bylindsayhjones 35s36 seconds ago

Vance Joseph said there is still no timeline for Paxton Lynch's return to practice. Just cleared to throw, and only short passes, this week.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

OC Mike McCoy on Jake Butt. "I wish every rookie had his mindset" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 15s15 seconds ago

McCoy said WRs want to win and want the ball. Believes it will take care of itself as season evolves @DenverChannel

Landon Collins had been on the injury report all week but he's not listed as out already. And this doesn't include the people who went to IR, like OBJ and Marshall. But look at this inactive list for the Giants already - holy cow:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 1h1 hour ago

OUT for Giants on Sunday: Jonathan Casillas, Olivier Vernon, WR Sterling Shepard, DE Romeo Okwara, RB Paul Perkins, C Weston Richburg. Ouch!

Landon Collins had been on the injury report all week but he's not listed as out already. And this doesn't include the people who went to IR, like OBJ and Marshall. But look at this inactive list for the Giants already - holy cow:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 1h1 hour ago

OUT for Giants on Sunday: Jonathan Casillas, Olivier Vernon, WR Sterling Shepard, DE Romeo Okwara, RB Paul Perkins, C Weston Richburg. Ouch!
    The part about this that worries me...With that many people out, we're going to be facing basically a brand new team. The Giants haven't fielded most of these players so while the plays, ect... are going to be similar tendencies will not.

I feel like we're going to win this, theoretically we should win this by a lot, but man I can't help but have an uneasy feeling about all of this.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos WR Cody Latimer (knee) and QB Paxton Lynch (shoulder) are OUT vs. Giants on Sunday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

This Sunday... Broncos can win the tiebreaker against NY Giants. They are tied at 6-6.

If Broncos win this Sunday... Broncos will lead series for the first time in Broncos-Giants history. NY Giants was leading the series since 1972. History will be made this Sunday!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

I live in NY, so I know how the media is. And yeah, I think McAdoo is a goner but I don't know that they do it in season. The Giants are usually not reactionary, but I think he's losing the team (or has already lost it) and that bodes badly for how they go forward from here.
    That's ashame. I used to know him (he worked at my local YMCA in PA in the 90's). Surprisingly enough, he grew up a Broncos fan. Ben told me that his aunt and uncle took him to the Dec. 1997 Denver@Steelers game (he said that he didn't wear any Bronco gear at Three Rivers).

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    This Sunday... Broncos can win the tiebreaker against NY Giants. They are tied at 6-6.

If Broncos win this Sunday... Broncos will lead series for the first time in Broncos-Giants history. NY Giants was leading the series since 1972. History will be made this Sunday!
    Cool historical fact! I looked it up and as part of going 6-6 against them, we are 4-1 at Mile High.

15. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information