Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Giants week)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That's kinda how I'm feeling. The matchup just feels too good to be true. You know these new WRs will be playing their asses off trying to prove they deserve a spot, so hopefully our secondary isn't taking them lightly.
    My concern is that there isn't any tape for our secondary to go over, scout, etc. It will be WRs who haven't played there before more or less... I'm sure they're ready for it, and up for it, it just bothers me a little.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    My concern is that there isn't any tape for our secondary to go over, scout, etc. It will be WRs who haven't played there before more or less... I'm sure they're ready for it, and up for it, it just bothers me a little.
    Great point, and something I was thinking about earlier. These guys might not be good, but we have no idea what they're going to do, since there are no trends yet. We'll have to react more and that's always a concern. Kind of like when a guy is making his first start in baseball and he looks good because no one knows anything about him.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Great point, and something I was thinking about earlier. These guys might not be good, but we have no idea what they're going to do, since there are no trends yet. We'll have to react more and that's always a concern. Kind of like when a guy is making his first start in baseball and he looks good because no one knows anything about him.
    The only comment I'll make about this is they (the Giants) aren't going to change their entire playbook. They will run the same plays, receivers running the same routes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    The only comment I'll make about this is they (the Giants) aren't going to change their entire playbook. They will run the same plays, receivers running the same routes, etc.
    No, but when a WR runs a route a lot of routes include WR options to take one of several routes in the tree depending on the coverage. With film on a WR they can know what their tendencies are in a given situation. We don't have that advantage this week. At the same time though, Eli isn't going to have that chemistry of knowing what his receiver is going to do in those situations either so it really balances out. (look at the issues Oz was having last year with DeAndre Hopkins and expecting him to take one route option based on the situation and he would take other options instead, similar situation here)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No, but when a WR runs a route a lot of routes include WR options to take one of several routes in the tree depending on the coverage. With film on a WR they can know what their tendencies are in a given situation. We don't have that advantage this week. At the same time though, Eli isn't going to have that chemistry of knowing what his receiver is going to do in those situations either so it really balances out. (look at the issues Oz was having last year with DeAndre Hopkins and expecting him to take one route option based on the situation and he would take other options instead, similar situation here)
    I think you meant yes, not no.

Based on your comments above, we should beat them by 30 points. Thanks for the encouragement!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Based on your comments above, we should beat them by 30 points. Thanks for the encouragement!
    No, they won't change the playbook.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Mo already has this covered below me, I meant it like I said it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No, they won't change the playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Mo already has this covered below me, I meant it like I said it.
    Based on my statement that you replied to, the proper response would be yes - they won't change their playbook. As in, you agree with my statement. Or, said "No, they won't".

Things continue to go well for the Giants, I see:

Jordan Raanan‏Verified account @JordanRaanan 8m8 minutes ago

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had a convo with Ben McAdoo earlier this week. He came in today and decided to leave team. He's been suspended.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Based on my statement that you replied to, the proper response would be yes - they won't change their playbook. As in, you agree with my statement. Or, said "No, they won't".
    Good grief, Joe. Why would the Giants do a complete overhaul of their offense because they have new receivers?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had a convo with Ben McAdoo earlier this week. He came in today and decided to leave team. He's been suspended.
    I hope the suspend a few more starters before Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

McAdoo is really working some magic there.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Wow. What the hell is going on up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Wow. What the hell is going on up there?
    I mean, the WR injury parade was something that they couldn't do anything about. But as the team, which came into the season with high hopes, continues to fall apart, a lot of stuff comes to the surface. Beckham was already a head case, then did the peeing dog routine (now he's hurt, so it's irrelevant, but it just delays talk radio fodder like, "should the Giants give OBJ a huge contract?"). McAdoo has been roasted a lot in the media and I get the sense that he's kind of lost that locker room. I don't know exactly what happened here with DRC, though it should be noted that they benched Eli Apple last week for DRC, who was also pretty unhappy about that and now has to get back out there given this suspension. Just a bad downward spiral right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Good grief, Joe. Why would the Giants do a complete overhaul of their offense because they have new receivers?
    That's what I said, shortround. Yes means you agree.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information