Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: RIP Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I once took Vicodin on an empty stomach and wished I was dead.
    We wish you were dead, too.

Val got me with a similar statement, too. But, I'm just joking. Because I love you. Mostly because I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y誕ll know I知 an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Not to go all p&r but yes, you are correct. On top of all the celeb stuff, I had a good friend who got diagnosed with MS 2 years ago, get an honourable discharge and then get hooked on the damn things. He was eventually even snorting them. Took an episode of snapping at the wife and a week in jail to wake him up. It's a tough addiction to beat. Now, all is well and he's back to just smoking weed. Yet, our country hands out opioids like candy, but weed is still the devil. But hey, opioids are legal!! It's horseshit. We need to do better.
    i had a friend who got put on opioids for chrogns disease-- he got addicted, and ended up dying of an overdose. . .

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown episode where he goes to Massachusetts discusses the heroin/opioid epidemic. It's a good one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

When my youngest son got his face fractured from a 'hit by a pitch' in a baseball game, the doc gave him painkillers. He decided to take Motrin instead, because his uncle (my BIL) killed himself being addicted to those things. I've never taken a painkiller other than Motrin.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    When my youngest son got his face fractured from a 'hit by a pitch' in a baseball game, the doc gave him painkillers. He decided to take Motrin instead, because his uncle (my BIL) killed himself being addicted to those things. I've never taken a painkiller other than Motrin.
    I had an issue when my wisdom teeth were removed. I accidentally took a stronger dose than I should have with vicodin and slept for eighteen hours straight. When I woke up (it was around Christmas time and I had errands to run) I could barely stay awake.

I flushed my Vicodin down the god damned toilet that same day. It felt great and it took away my pain. And, it was fun, and I wanted to do more of it. That was probably one of my better moments in my late teen/early twenty years. I think I was nineteen. Regardless, when I had another health issue three weeks later, my liver levels were still a little out of whack.

****. That. Noise.
    Y誕ll know I知 an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've had several occasions over the years in which I've used pain killers, Percocet and Vicodin, maybe others can't remember. I can definitely see how people could get addicted to them. I never felt as if I myself would. If I'm in pain and they're prescribed, I'll take them other than that the thought has never crossed my mind.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I've had several occasions over the years in which I've used pain killers, Percocet and Vicodin, maybe others can't remember. I can definitely see how people could get addicted to them. I never felt as if I myself would. If I'm in pain and they're prescribed, I'll take them other than that the thought has never crossed my mind.
    I can't believe I'm going to say this...lord help me...I'm happy for you, legitimately.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to say this...lord help me...I'm happy for you, legitimately.
    This is the worst day of my life.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I never take anything other than motrin or Tylenol. Not even after my vasectomy. During/after my heart attack I had no choice with what was put in my IV (Fentanyl and something else, darvocet maybe, something with a D), but I really try to limit pain meds to on't what I need. If I take motrin or Tylenol and still can't handle pain I'll take what I'm prescribed, but I haven't had to yet.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I never take anything other than motrin or Tylenol. Not even after my vasectomy. During/after my heart attack I had no choice with what was put in my IV (Fentanyl and something else, darvocet maybe, something with a D), but I really try to limit pain meds to on't what I need. If I take motrin or Tylenol and still can't handle pain I'll take what I'm prescribed, but I haven't had to yet.
    I知 the same way, or I値l even get a bottle of bourbon. I saw two friends in high school get messed up with vikadin and perkoset, and mess with that stuff

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information