Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone explain to me

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Can anyone explain to me

Why it is that when we were spreading out the wideouts and having success why we went away from it? We did everything we could late in the game to give it away and im confused why McCoy went away from what was working.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why it is that when we were spreading out the wideouts and having success why we went away from it? We did everything we could late in the game to give it away and im confused why McCoy went away from what was working.
    I thought losing Charles really set the offense back. He was making most of our big plays before he went down. I think was more of a lack of execution than poor playcalling at the end, really.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont think so. On our last drive before the missed FG we had two plays that we spread out the offense like we did early in the game and had success with getting first downs. McCoy and Joseph went all conservative and played scared which makes no sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I dont think so. On our last drive before the missed FG we had two plays that we spread out the offense like we did early in the game and had success with getting first downs. McCoy and Joseph went all conservative and played scared which makes no sense.
    We had two drives late in the game where we took a shot down the field on first down. I thought we were playing plenty aggressive at the end, just not executing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I disagree and most of the Bronco fans i was with at the bar felt the same. We were all scratching our heads at the play calling.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I disagree and most of the Bronco fans i was with at the bar felt the same. We were all scratching our heads at the play calling.
    I partially agree, but even Romo mentioned the aggressiveness, at one point saying we should've run all three downs and we were too aggressive, another that he loved the downfield shot on 1st.

8. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I partially agree, but even Romo mentioned the aggressiveness, at one point saying we should've run all three downs and we were too aggressive, another that he loved the downfield shot on 1st.
    There's a difference between being aggressive and calling smarter plays. Outside of the spread calls we had very little success against their defense so i wasnt shocked when the pass to Sanders was incomplete. Play calling was just horrible.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I thought losing Charles really set the offense back. He was making most of our big plays before he went down. I think was more of a lack of execution than poor playcalling at the end, really.
    I actually think that was part of it, at the same time though, booker and CJ came in and did just as well, so why did we struggle? The holding penalty on the 3rd and one run really stalled our offense and I don't think we looked good again after that drive. That pretty much flatlined us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would not want this team to try to go spread for an entire game. I don't have a problem with them mixing up formations and styles throughout a game. I get the frustration with them having success in one formation and not in another, but you can't get too predictable. This team isn't built to throw it enough to play out of the spread.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I would not want this team to try to go spread for an entire game. I don't have a problem with them mixing up formations and styles throughout a game. I get the frustration with them having success in one formation and not in another, but you can't get too predictable. This team isn't built to throw it enough to play out of the spread.
    Or really throw it at all here lately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They dont have to go an entire game using the spread, that wasnt the point i was trying to make.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The team I believe is still trying to find themselves and what works and what does not on the OLine amd is a work in progress. They are still looking at protection schemes that they think will work in obvious passing situations. Tackle is still the weak link but the interior of the Line is massively improved.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

17. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

My problem is the not staying with the RB with the hot hand. Charles was getting in a groove before the cut on his knee. Let him stay in since he was effective toting the rock.

Gotta agree with Northman on the play calling. Too inconsistent. And where is DT? I saw a few times he was doubled, but this guy has been invisible pretty much all 3 games and has no touchdowns IIRC.

19. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    My problem is the not staying with the RB with the hot hand. Charles was getting in a groove before the cut on his knee. Let him stay in since he was effective toting the rock.

Gotta agree with Northman on the play calling. Too inconsistent. And where is DT? I saw a few times he was doubled, but this guy has been invisible pretty much all 3 games and has no touchdowns IIRC.
    I think they want Charles close to 100% IF Denver plays into January. I don't expect him to get more work, Booker will get more carries.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think they want Charles close to 100% IF Denver plays into January. I don't expect him to get more work, Booker will get more carries.
    And I'd like to see more CJ Anderson...but overall its a good problem to have. Booker has shown flashes, and Charles looks far better than I thought he would be. He is a real change of pace and a top notch talent, just with some serious mileage. We're getting good production from the backs, thats for sure
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information