Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Raiders 10/01/17

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Pity we must play Oakland again, and they won't be on our turf relying on EJ Manuel.
    I'm not sure I'd bet the farm on this.

Broncos win, Texans win; Raiders lose, Cheats lose; it is a good day, even if the Cowboys and Vikings lost. Pity we must play Oakland again, and they won't be on our turf relying on EJ Manuel. Go, 'Skins!
    Why is that a pity? Had we been able to execute in the red zone, we would have won that game about 42-10. We have issues that can be fixed. They seem to have issues that are far bigger than ours. P.S. Manuel played better than Carr.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

@CecilLammey: Trevor Siemian TBP (time before pass) at 2.76 seconds in Week 4 (6th slowest), NFL avg this week was 2.48 seconds #Broncos @1043TheFan

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    @CecilLammey: Trevor Siemian TBP (time before pass) at 2.76 seconds in Week 4 (6th slowest), NFL avg this week was 2.48 seconds #Broncos @1043TheFan
    It's amazing how much difference one quarter of a second makes at this level...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Sounds like those saying he held the ball too long this week have some merit to their claim then. If he was 25th in the league in terms of getting the ball out, actually, how many backups played? He was worse than 25th if he was 6th worst and there were more than 32 QBs to play.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Sounds like those saying he held the ball too long this week have some merit to their claim then. If he was 25th in the league in terms of getting the ball out, actually, how many backups played? He was worse than 25th if he was 6th worst and there were more than 32 QBs to play.
    Exactly this. I could tell just from the eye test that he was holding the ball too long. There were definitely some oline gaffs, but overall Siemian has to do better with that clock going off in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm sure there is a little credence to their claims. But you also have to look at what was different between weeks 1-3 where he was getting the ball out much faster and this week. The first few weeks, we utilized a lot of short and intermediate passing, This week Mike McCoy had this weird idea to continuously force the ball 30-40 yards down the field (which takes more time to develop than quick passes do) That factors into that increase. We had so little short to intermediate passing this week. It was really confusing considering how much pressure Trevor was under the entire game.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 34m34 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph "running the football has been really good for us, the pass game is a work in progress" @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 34m34 minutes ago

Vance Joseph says he wants to see the pass defense improve in not giving up explosive passes. Also wants to see improvement in 2-minute D.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 33m33 minutes ago

Joseph: “We’re playing a lot more zone than we have in the past,” and when playing zone, you have to be more focused.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph "I think the OTs have competed well. I thought Menelik has played a lot better in the pass game." @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 32m32 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph "I thought CJ played well, breaking tackles, breaking off big runs" @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Joseph: Simmons “played a little” cautious in Weeks 1-2, but played like he needed to the last two weeks.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago

Joseph: Parks has improved in every game so far.

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 30m30 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph "WRs are always frustrated, they always want the ball. 10 wants the ball every play. I like that." @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 30m30 minutes ago

Joseph: Offensive issues in the red zone “are self-inflicted wounds."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 30m30 minutes ago

Joseph also said the red-zone work in practice the last two Thursdays has not been very good. Will spend more time on it.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 29m29 minutes ago

#Broncos VJ said will move up red zone and third down situations earlier in practice "It hasn't been very good... And that's on me"

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 29m29 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph "we had four sacks yesterday, I think 2 were protection and 2 were on Trevor." @1043TheFan

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 29m29 minutes ago

Joseph: Game balls went to C.J. Anderson, Derby, Fowler, Wolfe, Simmons and D. Peko.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 28m28 minutes ago

Joseph: “I’m not concerned” about McManus’ misses. “He’s a talent, I’m not down on him … He’s fine."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 28m28 minutes ago

#Broncos Vance Joseph "Paxton is getting better. He's still week to week." @1043TheFan

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Since it happened in this game, I figured I'd put it here. Carr is out possibly 2-6 weeks with transverse process fracture in his back. Romo and Newton both had this before and were back after a week though

So much for all the raiders hype around here...... I told you all wait until we kick the raiders ass before kicking our Broncos around! If TREVOR can be above average with this defense we can win the SB. He has all the weapons and a very promising o line.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that these kinds of wins are not sustainable.
    I think if Trevor can play above average then we'll see our fair share of two score wins. If he plays bad or mediocre then your right it won't be sustainable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Broncos win, Texans win; Raiders lose, Cheats lose; it is a good day, even if the Cowboys and Vikings lost. Pity we must play Oakland again, and they won't be on our turf relying on EJ Manuel. Go, 'Skins!
    Fortunately, Broncos will have LB Shane Ray back and he will play in Oakland this November. Broncos defense could go for full throttle against Raiders.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    So much for all the raiders hype around here...... I told you all wait until we kick the raiders ass before kicking our Broncos around! If TREVOR can be above average with this defense we can win the SB. He has all the weapons and a very promising o line.
    I wouldn't count the raiders completely out. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them win most, if not all their games with Carr out. The bills will be tough, I and wouldn't bet on them against the Queefs, but I'd bet Carr is back for that game anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Have you been watching the games over the last two years? Trevor has completed the
    deep out many times. I also saw Derby take Trevor's passes down the middle seam a
    couple times. And are you sure about the pass to Fowler? Just because Derby jumped
    for it doesn't mean it was intended for him. Are you sure Trevor wasn't going for
    Fowler?

Methinks you wring your hands too much . . .
    Yes. I am sure. Siemian panicked and rolled too early. Overthrew Derby and was lucky it wasn't intercepted. He made up for it later on the drive, but let's not make the excuses. It was a bad throw and it wasn't meant for Fowler.

There was also room to step up and buy time. As I watch more of Siemian, he doesn't have the greatest feel in the pocket, and tends to make the wrong decision whether to get out of the pocket or step up. It was good coverage, but he could do much better.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just so I don't get yelled at (HA!, fat chance)...

The next two throws were really good. A good read on a long pass to Derby down the sideline, out of trips bunch set where Derby got space outside the numbers and then the touchdown on the next play.

Edit addition: For those complaining about play design, selection, etc., that touchdown to Derby was great play design. Get the defensive eyes moving towards the Raiders' sideline with Emmanuel Sanders' motion, Thomas clears the double coverage and Derby just puts a linebacker on skates on a cross (He was playing fullback...another reason you don't need a fullback!).
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 10-03-2017 at 03:42 AM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information