Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Songs in movies

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Songs in movies

Got to listening to stuff and wound up at Tears for Fears Head Over Heels. That song was used to effect in the movie Donnie Darko. Then I thought about movies with songs in them. Where the song is front and center. Like this...

Any you can think of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Low hanging fruit...and great song...

"You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The characters in those two movies are aware of the song, it's present...but the Donnie Darko example is more of a montage. How about this one? The movie has tons of other examples, maybe there is a better one to pull? The one when Bruce Willis's character is driving?

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I love the Garden State soundtrack.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The characters in those two movies are aware of the song, it's present...but the Donnie Darko example is more of a montage. How about this one? The movie has tons of other examples, maybe there is a better one to pull? The one when Bruce Willis's character is driving?

To this day not only one of the greatest movies ever but i remember being caught off guard with this scene. While i knew Travolta could dance the build up to this would make you kind of think that neither was really a dancer of any kind and then they pull that off which was splendid.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

1.) Rudy theme song best movie theme song ever. It can stand on its own and is great in the training montage scene. Shit gets me emotional.

2.) Last of the Mohicans theme song is close 2nd (also front and center throughout).

3.) Lux Aeterna in "Requiem for a Dream".

4.) Halloween theme song is underrated. Movie wouldn't be the same without.

Honorable mentions that were more songs that rolled with the credits as opposed to front and center in the movies: Where is My Mind at the end of Fight Club is epic. Rage at the end of the Matrix was a great fit. Freedom at the end of Django is underrated.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm not sure I honored the spirit of the request... These are mostly theme songs as opposed to a songs from a single memorable scene. Let me think on specific scenes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm not sure I honored the spirit of the request... These are mostly theme songs as opposed to a songs from a single memorable scene. Let me think on specific scenes.
    The spirit is honored.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

This is clearly the most badass music scene in all of film:

17. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

You losers. This is where its at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4efZIHtiQQ
    (Someone want to embed)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That's better than over 100% of all WWE entrance themes. Never seen the movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

(Someone want to embed)
    Best Disney movie. Best Disney soundtrack. No arguments here.

And if you're feeling especially ghey, check this out:

22. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

(Someone want to embed)
    I just noticed that Mustafa's nose on that album cover looks like a woman wearing a thong. Disney is so dirty.

Best Disney movie. Best Disney soundtrack. No arguments here.

And if you're feeling especially ghey, check this out:

I have seen that on the facebooks. I think it would be cool to be on that flight
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information