Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: By the Numbers: Week 3

THe offense was really bad in the second half. And I jsut mean offense - I don't put the fake punt on them. The offense couldn't score. I think MO's point was that they got one long drive on the defense, and then a team that can run and throw the ball with it's QB got to play balls deep on us. I'ts hard to do that for the entire length of the field. The defense wasn't why we lost. They were at least a C-. IDK. I think we want to believe in TS so we'll tell some narratives to make up the difference between the offense and the defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    THe offense was really bad in the second half. And I jsut mean offense - I don't put the fake punt on them. The offense couldn't score. I think MO's point was that they got one long drive on the defense, and then a team that can run and throw the ball with it's QB got to play balls deep on us. I'ts hard to do that for the entire length of the field. The defense wasn't why we lost. They were at least a C-. IDK. I think we want to believe in TS so we'll tell some narratives to make up the difference between the offense and the defense.
    I don't blame the defense, but I don't blame the offense, it was a team effort. It just seems to me that without a consistent pass rush, our pass defense is barely serviceable right now. Our run defense is outstanding, but teams can do just as much defense if you can't stop them from passing as they can by running. The key is gettnig to a point where we are a bit more balanced.

We also do need to stop turning the ball over. We are not getting turnovers this year, so turning the ball over more times than you get it back is always trouble.

We scored three points in the second half, and the offense set up the defense to fail. I don't think we can blame anything but the offense. It's hard to pin the pass rushers loose when we're on short fields and have to respect the run, don't have a lead, and the defense is gassed. I get what you're saying, though. We'll see how it plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't blame the defense, but I don't blame the offense, it was a team effort. It just seems to me that without a consistent pass rush, our pass defense is barely serviceable right now. Our run defense is outstanding, but teams can do just as much defense if you can't stop them from passing as they can by running. The key is gettnig to a point where we are a bit more balanced.

We also do need to stop turning the ball over. We are not getting turnovers this year, so turning the ball over more times than you get it back is always trouble.
    I dunno. Any way you slice it, 16 points just typically isn't good enough to win games in the NFL. Scoring 16 and asking your defense to keep them less than this at home, on multiple short fields is just lopsided.

6. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Of the 7 passing TD against our defense I think 4 came directly off turnovers

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Of the 7 passing TD against our defense I think 4 came directly off turnovers
    Admittedly, those need to be greatly reduced. We have the perfect formula to win a lot of games. We have the number 1 rushing defense and the number 1 rushing attack. Normally if you control both stats, you are a dominate team. The problem is, the turnovers and poor pass defense have basically negated the advantage we get from being able to control the ground game.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    We lost because of turnovers. Had the turnover battle been even I’m confident we would have won. We outgained them by close to 100 yards. Trevor needs to stop throwing off his back foot, it’s a bad habit

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We lost because of turnovers. Had the turnover battle been even I’m confident we would have won. We outgained them by close to 100 yards. Trevor needs to stop throwing off his back foot, it’s a bad habit
    No QB in history's ever done that by choice. This is why I say drafting a franchise QB before drafting protectors ensures he develops bad habits. All young QBs must learn the positions professional form; if they learn crap protection is normal, by the time they get decent protection it may be too late to "unteach" their bad habits.

See: Plummer, Jake.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No QB in history's ever done that by choice. This is why I say drafting a franchise QB before drafting protectors ensures he develops bad habits. All young QBs must learn the positions professional form; if they learn crap protection is normal, by the time they get decent protection it may be too late to "unteach" their bad habits.

Excellent point. It's the old cart before the horse argument as it plays out with offensive line. Think Prescott is as solid as he's been the past two years without a good run game and all Pros lined up in front of him? Let's just guess at what would have happened if David Carr or Tim Couch had had strong offense of line play in front of them. When you get hit in the mouth every single time you drop back you definitely develop Happy Feet you don't run through your progressions the way that you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

You gotta watch Will Grier at West Virginia. He throws passes like he's shooting a fadeaway jumpshot a lot of times even with no pressure. It's really weird. Good player though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information