Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default Offensive Line.

This is still the biggest issue from last year. It's definitely improved because they can at least run the ball. Pass protection without play action is still pretty poor, particularly from the right tackle position. Watson appears to have been a bad signing. I'd almost rather have Stephenson back but I don't think it would make much of a difference. The rest of the line is decent but still this team's achilles heel. On a positive note besides maybe depth at receiver and a stud tight end it's really this team's only glaring weakness.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Cut or Bench RT Watson. Broncos will be fine without him.

3. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Broncos OLine went from one of the worst in the League to mediocre. It is an improvement.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    This is still the biggest issue from last year. It's definitely improved because they can at least run the ball. Pass protection without play action is still pretty poor, particularly from the right tackle position. Watson appears to have been a bad signing. I'd almost rather have Stephenson back but I don't think it would make much of a difference. The rest of the line is decent but still this team's achilles heel. On a positive note besides maybe depth at receiver and a stud tight end it's really this team's only glaring weakness.
    Almost. Stephenson was the guy they WANTED to play RT, only he sucked his way out of a job. He's supposedly the "swing tackle" but in Bolles' absence it was Allen Barbre who filled in, not Stephenson.

It still looks like Stephenson signed with the Broncos and got the big contract, then decided to retire. He just didn't tell anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Cut or Bench RT Watson. Broncos will be fine without him.
    How? Who is the starting RT? Stephenson? Remember WHY the Broncos signed Watson? That was because Stephenson sucked last year. He hasn't improved.

The line is better than it was last year. It's not where we want it to be, but at least they've shown some ability to run block, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I know watching the game on TV is very different from seeing it in person, but was it just me or did it seem like the run game was non existent, Trevor was forcing throws and didn't have a lot of time to throw them either

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I know watching the game on TV is very different from seeing it in person, but was it just me or did it seem like the run game was non existent, Trevor was forcing throws and didn't have a lot of time to throw them either
    I think that was the game plan. Trevor threw way too much, IMO.

23 rushes for 111 yards and a TD. 4.8 YPC.

Trevor threw it 40 times. I think I read a stat somewhere that we're undefeated if he throws less than 33 times (or something close).

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Trevor threw it 40 times. I think I read a stat somewhere that we're undefeated if he throws less than 33 times (or something close).
    That 1st interception in our half was so bad.. that's a throw that you make in the play ground playing amongst friends.

It didn't seem like we had much answer for Tyrod Taylor which I found shocking considering Dallas' O is far better than the Bills. Kinda shocked all around about that performance. It was disgustingly hot out, but I'm not sure if that's a good enough excuse

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

They always seem to play like shit when it is an 11 am game and they are in the EST zone. Usually it gets exposed if they are in Florida in September.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Wow, that almost sounds like football.

Watson's been bad in protection, but Garcia's worse against lesser pass rushers; if I never see him out there again it'll be too soon. I mean, maybe as a sixth lineman in a goal line jumbo set, but as a starter? No way; ANY kind of lateral movement at all leaves him chasing his tail, every single time. A blocking sled would be as effective.

LT Bolles
    LG Leary
    C Paradis
    RG Watson/McGovern (whichever's better)
    RT Barbre

MAKE THIS HAPPEN, COACH! You'll have McGovern to reliably if unspectacularly cover ANY interior injury, and Watson and/or Stephenson to cover injured OTs in a pinch. And you won't have ing Max Garcia at all.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Seriously, it shouldn't be POSSIBLE to lose, let alone by TWO SCORES, when THIS happens:
    Denver Rushing
    CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
    Jamaal Charles 9 56 6.2 1 19
    C.J. Anderson 8 36 4.5 0 32
    Trevor Siemian 3 12 4.0 0 7
    Isaiah McKenzie 1 4 4.0 0 4
    Andy Janovich 1 2 2.0 0 2
    De'Angelo Henderson 1 1 1.0 0 1
    TEAM 23 111 4.8 1 32

Buffalo Rushing
    CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
    Mike Tolbert 11 41 3.7 0 10
    LeSean McCoy 14 21 1.5 0 7
    Tyrod Taylor 8 13 1.6 0 7
    TEAM 33 75 2.3 0 10

Sure, the team that won also ran most—but it's not like they were chewing clock the whole second half to salt away a big lead: We had the games FIRST lead—AND its third, fourth and fifth. In other words, except for a bit more than a MINUTE after Buffalos freak tip drill TD, we were in control til the middle of the 3rd qtr. Then the D gave up a long TD drive, Siemian started trying to do too much with too little, and it all imploded on itself.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Trevor's issue yesterday is if it wasn't Manny Sanders, he didn't throw it. He was staring down manny and forcing throws his way even when there were other open options.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

That 1st interception in our half was so bad.. that's a throw that you make in the play ground playing amongst friends.

It didn't seem like we had much answer for Tyrod Taylor which I found shocking considering Dallas' O is far better than the Bills. Kinda shocked all around about that performance. It was disgustingly hot out, but I'm not sure if that's a good enough excuse
    I literally told my wife before the play even snapped "crap...this is going to be an interception" It was so freaking obvious that we were about to turn the ball over, you could just feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Trevor's issue yesterday is if it wasn't Manny Sanders, he didn't throw it. He was staring down manny and forcing throws his way even when there were other open options.
    This is sadly true. I felt and still do that he's getting far too much of the blame for this loss because 1) he's the QB and 2) roughly half the fans have been wishing he WEREN'T since this time last year. That said, he zoned in on Sanders way too much; enough that the commentators felt it worth, well, COMMENTING when DT got his first target midway through the 2nd qtr.

One of many differences between the pros and amateurs is that amateurs can get away with playing pitch and catch exclusively with their wubby all day in all but a few games each year, but pro secondaries make their living taking away every QBs wubby. That's why we've so desperately and long needed Fowler, Latimer, Sunshine or SOMEONE to step up as the #3 WR, and it's great that it looks Fowler's doing so—but his achievements are wasted if they just mean every pass goes to Sanders or Fowler instead of DT or Sanders.

I don't think that's about lacking time to go through progressions either, because, much as I love him, no one can tell me we have lots of plays where Fowler's the primary receiver and DT's just a checkdown. Likewise, as others have noted, our TEs were largely silent (or muzzled) yesterday. Specifically, Green had 3 catches and Derby just one, a combined total only one more than CJ and Charles combined.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information