Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Offensive Line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default Offensive Line.

we had this conversation a lot when Franklin was still in town, but Watson really looks like an athletic guard to me more so than a right tackle. Man if we could get just average play out of the right tackle this line would be pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    we had this conversation a lot when Franklin was still in town, but Watson really looks like an athletic guard to me more so than a right tackle. Man if we could get just average play out of the right tackle this line would be pretty solid.
    Bolles isn't solid yet. Not in pass-protections. He is clearly a future solid starter. We won't have to worry about LT next season if he continues to develop as he is. But, right now? He's a rookie and he is going to have bad days. Hopefully not against Kalil Mack on Sunday. Because they are going to rotate him against both Denver's OTs.

Mack is going to try his luck against both guys and see who he can beat the easiest. Probably Watson, but could be both of them.

Brandon Stokely: "We can't let Kalil Mack ruin our game on Sunday."

Q: "A lot of stopping Kalil Mack is going to depend on what Menelik Watson can bring to the table. And I don't know if we have to just accept that this is how it is going to be moving forward or whether Menelik can take steps to improve as the season progresses."

Stokely: "You want honesty?"

Q: "It is Noon to 3".

Stokely: "Hashtag truth. Look. It's not gonna happen. He is what he is. I watched film on him after the Broncos signed him. I was sceptical then. I'm still sceptical. I don't think it's gonna change. I've been holding out hope that it might change, but he is what he is. In run blocking, a good player, in pass protection a liability. That's just honesty. That's just the truth about the matter. It's not going to get much better. You have to give the guy help whenever possible. And this is just one of those games where you have to go out of your way to make sure he has help 99.9% of the time when Trevor is dropping back to pass."
    That severely limits what your offense can do though. They need to have a TE or extra blocker constantly making sure that Watson's man doesn't absolutely destroy the game plan and possibly break Trevor Siemian in half and throw his legs into the South Stands. Because our season would take a sudden and unfortunate turn if that were to happen.

But, there will be two fewer players in the passing lanes because of the need to have 4 OL to block 2 Raiders defenders (Mack and Bruce Irvin).

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I am of the belief that if Trevor can do more Peyton imitations and get rid of it quick the Rayduhs Secondary is going to get cut to ribbons tomorrow. They looked HORRIBLE vs Washington last week.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

The key is going to be whether the Broncos can shut down that Raiders offense, the way they did the Cowboys, or whether they will get exposed, as they were against the Bills.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The key is going to be whether the Broncos can shut down that Raiders offense, the way they did the Cowboys, or whether they will get exposed, as they were against the Bills.
    Too much pressure on the Defense to bail them out continually will backfire eventually. They have got to get more steady production and stay on the Field and sustain drives. I'm not putting it all on Trev but they have to protect him.

I hate games played 2 time zones away and kick off in the morning. I'd love to see a stat showing the win % of how teams from the West go east and play in morning. I'm not exactly saying it should be an excuse but that seems like a lot to overcome. I was worried about this game as soon as I saw the kickoff time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    I hate games played 2 time zones away and kick off in the morning. I'd love to see a stat showing the win % of how teams from the West go east and play in morning. I'm not exactly saying it should be an excuse but that seems like a lot to overcome. I was worried about this game as soon as I saw the kickoff time.
    Historically the Broncos have never been peak performers vs Buffalo. They've won plenty of games there, but not going away. They are not a common oponent and dont match up very well for some reason, time zone on the road being a major factor.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Speaking of Franklin, has he really regresses so badly that he is no longer a decent football player? If he can still play RT, I wouldn’t be upset if they signed him. That would allow them to move Leary back to his natural spot at LG (Garcia to the bench)and move Watson into the spot at LG. As stated by someone earlier, Watson seems a better prospect at G than RT.

Yeah as really they are trying to correct some things. But it is going to take work. At least they got a win in Denver against the Raiders.
    April Showers and Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Cut or Bench RT Watson. Broncos will be fine without him.
    That's the problem. They don't really have anyone else. I was listening to Dave Logan on AM Talk Radio the other day and he was saying the team really needed to pick up another T to play swing tackle because they were terribly thin at the position. For instance their swing tackle now is Andre Barber who is actually alternating starting LG with Max Garcia. Barber has played RT in the past, but he barely gets any reps at all at RT and asking him to suddenly go there in an emergency without much practice in advance, would be virtually impossible if you expected him to perform at an adequate level.

He briefly filled in for injured Garrett Bolles at LT. All in all he's useful. But, is that really the best you can do at RT? There has to be someone available on waivers or in FA who could come in and at least back up at RT?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Cut or Bench RT Watson. Broncos will be fine without him.
    That's the problem. They don't really have anyone else. I was listening to Dave Logan on AM Talk Radio the other day and he was saying the team really needed to pick up another T to play swing tackle because they were terribly thin at the position. For instance their swing tackle now is Andre Barber who is actually alternating starting LG with Max Garcia. Barber has played RT in the past, but he barely gets any reps at all at RT and asking him to suddenly go there in an emergency without much practice in advance, would be virtually impossible if you expected him to perform at an adequate level.

He briefly filled in for injured Garrett Bolles at LT. All in all he's useful. But, is that really the best you can do at RT? There has to be someone available on waivers or in FA who could come in and at least back up at RT?
    the really frustrating thing about this situation is that unless he's completely regressed because of injuries Watson was always tab isn't Uber athletic offense of lineman. I know he's been hurt a lot maybe he's just hampered to the point where he can't move laterally on the outside. But he does still look athletic. That's the thing that drives me crazy when I watch him.

the really frustrating thing about this situation is that unless he's completely regressed because of injuries Watson was always tab isn't Uber athletic offense of lineman. I know he's been hurt a lot maybe he's just hampered to the point where he can't move laterally on the outside. But he does still look athletic. That's the thing that drives me crazy when I watch him.
    It honestly looks as though they got him for his run blocking ability, which is pretty good. But, they probably expected his pass-protection to be better than it has been. Plus, they probably thought Donald Stephenson would be better than he turned out as well.

"Even though the Denver Broncos used their 2017 first-round selection on Garret Bolles, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see the team pull the trigger on selecting another offensive tackle early on in the 2018 NFL Draft. It’s safe to say that Donald Stephenson has absolutely no future with the franchise (or in the league) and Menelik Watson’s play to date has been underwhelming to say the least. There are some quality offensive line prospects in this year’s class, but one player in particular has experienced a meteoric rise up draft boards for his incredible play to date."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information